Author Topic: World of Final Fantasy

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: World of Final Fantasy
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »
So all in all, this is mainly centered around the nitpicky nature of geeks and their inability to separate their own brand of issues with the work at hand.

Having said that said, I'm sure that what I said above is gonna get twisted somehow or interpreted as some kind of drama because the world works backwards, or something to that effect. In any case, I'm looking foward to the World of FF despite that it looks like I'll have to get on it if I can later with DX: Mankind Divided and Final Fantasy XV being much more of a priority to me than the chibi adventures.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »
Meanwhile:

10/10

Way more attractive than the SFV designs. :P
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 05:47:33 PM »
So all in all, this is mainly centered around the nitpicky nature of geeks and their inability to separate their own brand of issues with the work at hand.

Having said that said, I'm sure that what I said above is gonna get twisted somehow or interpreted as some kind of drama because the world works backwards, or something to that effect. In any case, I'm looking foward to the World of FF despite that it looks like I'll have to get on it if I can later with DX: Mankind Divided and Final Fantasy XV being much more of a priority to me than the chibi adventures.

I'm trying to understand this paragraph other than you're anticipating Deus Ex and FF15 (which I think speaks for all of us).  But what else are you trying to say exactly? Are you complaining about our complaints?  Art is a personal thing, if people don't like it there's no need to make a thign of it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:00:57 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 03:30:39 AM »
^You are making the 'idiot' part of your profile an unironic statement.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 04:23:13 AM »
Alright, it was nice knowing you, Yggdrasil.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
Getting back to the chibli chat for a second.

^Now normally, I could take or leave the chibli, but here in the above screenshot, it looks like it works with the environment. Assuming that Magroader is moving at a bumpity-dumpty speed, then it would complete the toy-like look and feel I think they're trying for with this.

^Whereas this is the shit of nightmares.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 09:34:26 AM »
Alright, it was nice knowing you, Yggdrasil.
I guess you really did mean Bismuth. (Sorry, perfect oppertunity)

Never been a fan of chibi style over normal character design. It just kind of makes characters look stupid and gives the whole work a sense of silliness. I don't like associating something like Final Fantasy with silliness. Even Kingdom Hearts using that oddball style for Sora and crew is not my favorite thing. Just a personal opinion really.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 02:07:20 PM »
Aeolus, I can see what you mean about that top screenshot, but I just don't like how extreme the deformity is for the humanoid characters.  When they're reduced to looking like they're just heads moving around, that's just too much.  At least in the bottom screenshot they're... vaguely person-like.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 04:11:57 PM »
God, if I don't look at anything but the smile on the right hand side of Aeolus' bottom photo it is horrorfic. Now that I've seen that, I can't see anything else.

If this coffin needed an 8th nail Aeolus just delivered and did the honor of hammering. Thanks. I think..?

@DICE -- Nice job pulling out the Street Fighter SD/Chibi material!! I liked those so much that I was once tempted to use one as a PSN avatar and I hate Street Fighter.

In game context discussion/preference aside, speaking PURELY from the position of "art" and/or "art critic" it is extremely hard for me to deny the appeal of the adorable.

So, once again (not to echo my other post), ultimately the whole kit n' kaboodle falls back to the use or misuse of the style in game for me. I would never wanna see chibi Ken square off against SFV Ryu.

Even Kingdom Hearts using that oddball style for Sora and crew is not my favorite thing. Just a personal opinion really.

Glad someone else aside from me referenced this specifically. Sometimes I feel like I'm the lone Ninja harboring this very same sentiment.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:29:34 PM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 04:19:10 PM »
Guess I might be alone, but I will get this before I get FFXV.

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 04:42:31 PM »
For what it's worth Klutz, even though I'm not gonna be grabbing it, I do see where this would appeal to many folks a great deal more than XV.

Honestly, if it was more its own entity (no cross universe character cameo's) and just didn't blend the styles (as we discussed) I'd be right behind ya. Everything else aside from those two gripes, which are totally elements I personally can't look past, actually looks really decent to me.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »

I actually think that picture look fine. *shrug*

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 06:47:21 PM »

A) You know how sometimes you might come across something that looks like its trying to look like an Anime made in Japan, but clearly isn't. This is that, but in reverse.

B) This fucker's running silent, running deep right on through the uncanny valley.

And C) I'd rate those smiles at somewhere between 'Posing for a school photo' to "Help! My family and I are being held hostage and the hostage taker has the gun to the back of my head. Send Help!".

And this isn't even the only picture that highlights these issues.

I could go on....
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »
Eh I'm kind of with Dice ultimately, the chibi is pretty fun.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2016, 06:50:20 AM »

A) You know how sometimes you might come across something that looks like its trying to look like an Anime made in Japan, but clearly isn't. This is that, but in reverse.

B) This fucker's running silent, running deep right on through the uncanny valley.

And C) I'd rate those smiles at somewhere between 'Posing for a school photo' to "Help! My family and I are being held hostage and the hostage taker has the gun to the back of my head. Send Help!".

And this isn't even the only picture that highlights these issues.

I could go on....
I'll acknowledge the first one looks off. The other two don't really bug me.