Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:37:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Tactics ending
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics ending  (Read 7907 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »

this is kinda weird though because FFT would have to take place sometime after or before FFXII simply due to the presence of airships in FFXII maybee balthier will replace cloud? cloud was pretty worthless in fft outside of finishing touch. then theres the whole deal with the summons. isnt Zodiac the only summon to appear in both games? i wonder if they will adjust the weigraf/velious fight to make it less punishing. i suppose they could make an elaborate side quest like the ones for beowolf,worker number 8,and reise that awesome dragongirl.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 12:46:16 AM »

While removing Cloud is also a bit questionable, the idea of just replacing him with Balthier makes this idea a lot better in my book. Then it's no longer randomly connecting completely unrelated games, and instead it's something wholy contained in that world.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 12:55:59 AM »

Funny thing about Cloud in FFT, I don't think I ever had him in my party in my first playthrough.  I also recall having to go out of my way to recruit him once i did play through again.  So I'm not really sure if you can consider Cloud being "forced down our throats" the way he was in the Kingdom Hearts series.

As far as new content in games is concerned, I welcome it.  Especially if I've played the original.  It's one thing to just play the same game on a different console, but having new content makes it that much more worth it in my opinion.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 01:07:34 AM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
Funny thing about Cloud in FFT, I don't think I ever had him in my party in my first playthrough.  I also recall having to go out of my way to recruit him once i did play through again.  So I'm not really sure if you can consider Cloud being "forced down our throats" the way he was in the Kingdom Hearts series.

I myself never said he was forced down, or at least never meant to say such: I was just saying that of Balthier, and going just by the news post it sounds like he's in just as much as Dante was in SMT:N.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 02:35:01 AM »

Would would be potentially REALLY screwed up is if it turned out that the world in FFXII is actually the result of the reality-!@#% that happened in FFTA.

And as crazy as that sounds... that's... semi-plausible :|

Oh, and Didn't they sort of remove Dante's back story for SMT:N though and just make it, "Yeah, he's this dude that Lucifer brought along."

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 05:26:15 AM »

To those saying it could be Balthier's descendant/ascendant, no it can't; Mustadio and Besrodio are Balthier's ascendant/descendant.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 06:37:22 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
To those saying it could be Balthier's descendant/ascendant, no it can't; Mustadio and Besrodio are Balthier's ascendant/descendant.

... Wouldn't that kinda be spoiling? And wouldn't that be ancestor, not ascendant?

Edit: Looking at Wikipedia For Mustadio
Code:
, it just notes that they share the same surname, so guess that really wouldn't be a spoiler, and possibly not even flat out stated in the game anyway.

Edit 2: Screw it, looking at it again, I think that probably could be a spoiler. I admittedly need to play through FFXII more (and remember more from FFT), but the hell Ash?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 11:40:29 AM »

I don't think it's a spoiler, the connection is made through a last name which most people don't even pay attention to, and has no story significance whatsoever to FFXII.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »

Well does it necessarily have to be the same Balthier from FFXII?  For all we know, it could just be a gun user (I'm assuming he IS a gun user, like Mustadio) with the same name.  I somehow doubt he would be an air pirate, considering that FFT didn't have airships from what I recall.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »

Maybe it could be a playable flashback or dream sequence scene or something involving Balthier.

I approve of this nonsense!
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 09:50:51 AM »

If he was just a cameo I wouldn't have a problem with Balthier being in the game.  However, they are fucking around with the story to include him so they can sell more copies of this port.  That annoys me.  He has no business taking a part in a story that had nothing to do with him.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 10:38:13 AM »

Then don't play the game. Crazy idea, I know.

Anyway, that makes no sense at all. Basically every original character joined Ramza's party and their personal story arcs had nothing to do with the overall story. What's to say Balthier can't be the same way? Why can't he just meet Ramza, have a story arc that may or may not be interesting, and join in for the overall quest? It wouldn't 'fuck with the story' in any way at all, that's retarded.

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 02:25:08 PM »

I don't intend to play the game.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 03:28:15 PM »

I recall reading about a time travel experiment in FFT?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 05:58:03 PM »

Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
I don't intend to play the game.

Fine, be that way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »