Author Topic: The great pet thread

Tomara

• View Profile
The great pet thread
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »
Lots of serious discussions in haps right now, so... pets! Cuddly wuddly pets! Show yours now!

Here are my two rabbits, Bunny & Senka:

They spend a lot of time glued together. Bunbun is a fluffy goofball, Sen is a cute little ball of issues. And no, I don't know why Senka is curled up like a dog/cat.

Fun fact: the fur of rabbits like Sen gets darker as it gets colder. Point colouration like this is a form of partial albinism in which the melanine doesn't activate at normal body temperatures. Extremities are typically colder than body temperature, so you do see colour there. Animals with this colouration might get darker in winter and lighter in summer. Bun mostly sits near Sen's left shoulder and as a result, her right shoulder is somewhat darker than the left.

This is my cat.

She's 15 and lives with my parents. Like most of the pets I've ever owned, she has a difficult personality. We blame it on my sister's old dog.

Speaking of my sister, here's one of her two darling little princesses (playing with a cat toy I made):

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:50:55 AM by Tomara »

Aurian

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The great pet thread
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:15:36 PM »
Interesting timing, I am actually going to be picking up the rescue I am adopting later today. He is a lab - whippet mix so he looks like a miniature skinny lab. Supposed to be everything we want in a dog so cautiously excited.

Hubby and I bought and moved to this condo especially because it was so dog friendly and our old place as no pets allowed period (technically goldfish were excluded even). We did try another rescue earlier in the year but it did not work out because as lovely as he was inside, he was too fear aggressive and frightened the other residents. We even had to walk him leashed and muzzled at all times and he would still bark and lunge. It was heartbreaking because we tried with a trainer for a month on this issue and weren't seeing enough improvement, while the place just got busier and busier with more people enjoying the outdoors in the summer. We took him back to his rescue with regrets.

This one isn't supposed to be fearful or aggressive, so wish me luck please!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »
We don't do dogs so here's our cats

Onion and Lou

Also, just for lolz, here's one that I just found of my girlfriend wearing a hoodie with a bloody faced picture of me on the front (that I gave her for christmas 2 years ago).

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:49:47 PM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »
Lots of serious discussions in haps right now, so... pets! Cuddly wuddly pets! Show yours now!

Here are my two rabbits, Bunny & Senka:

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 12:54:28 AM »
I don't have any pets but here are some things my parents found outside that they keep sending me pictures of:

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 03:06:57 AM »
This is Borscht.

Here he is at three months, entranced by the bonus dungeon of Tales of Xillia 2. He used to sit on my lap for hours, and furiously chase the characters around the screen when battle started.

Here he is nowadays, huge. He positioned himself under the bird wing, btw.

He's being emotional in the hallway right now, as he's wont to do in the morning.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:04 AM »
No pets now, but had a few growing up.  Also growing up, my family used to pet-sit for friends and family often so we got a taste of the kinds of pets we got on with and those we didn't.  For example, I learned that birds are my least favorite type of pet.  I didn't like taking care of them, and the whole principle of caged birds doesn't sit well with me.  I also learned that while I like hanging out with my friends' cats, I would NOT want one of my own.  I'm more of a dog person that way.   

The first pet I remember was an albino rabbit named Blinky I had as a kid. 

One time when a neighbor was moving abroad, I adopted their three goldfish.  They were already somewhat old, but they lived far beyond their lifespans under my care. 

The pet that had the greatest impact on my life was my dog Baxter.  He was a doberman mix. 

And though technically not "my" pet, this kitten Domino (Pool of Thorns) rescued two years ago was the band pet for a while.  http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8301.msg333075#msg333075 (The cat now lives with D's parents.)
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »
It's been a while since we've had a pet thread!

Unfortunately, both of my dogs passed away three years ago and I've yet to get another. That said, my wife and I are planning on getting a dog when we move to Arizona in August!

For now, I still have two cats though they both live with my dad in Utah. Here's Jerry:

And here's Junior:

Jerry is a ham. He craves attention like an addict craves drugs. My wife and I were sitting outside last July and he jumped up onto her craving attention. Not pictured is the moment he tried to push the phone out of her hand hoping she'd pet him with both.

Junior loves being a cat. He spends most of his time hunting mice, birds, voles and gophers, and he couldn't be happier doing just that. He's skittish around people he doesn't know, and he hates being indoors. He took to my wife pretty quickly despite being skittish.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:46:02 PM »

This is Climber, he hates cuddles.

This is Ezio, he is loud and loves food and boxes.

This is Hippo and he is the best.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 03:52:27 AM »
So many (fluffy) cats. RPGfan doesn't have a lot of dog people, does it?

(I do like dogs, just not the obnoxious attention whores that don't know how to STFU.)

Aurian

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »
I am more of a dog person myself. I worry that cats will knock my artwork off the shelves, plus I like how dogs seem a bit more adoring 😚