Author Topic: Void Pyramid, free post-apocalyptic RPG, spread the word if you like it.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So here's the deal - we don't review free games as a general rule on RPGFan (please don't hunt down exceptions - I'm sure you could find some if you tried).  But I played a game this developer made before, and it was kind of cool and unique and worth my time.  So I thought I'd pass along an email he sent me this week in case other folks would like to play it. :)

Void Pyramid is a post-apocalyptic RPG set in the space-faring Egyptian empire. In trap-filled halls of a deep space dungeon, you will cross vibro-blades with uplifted animals and Egyptian gods come to life.

Void Pyramid is available for free on PC, Mac, and Android. It is a complete game that is between 5-10 hours in length. It has been actively developed for 2 years, and is polished, balanced, and free of bugs.

You can view a video trailer here. Or you can see screenshots and download the game on itch.io or Google Play.

To summarize the story: "In the far future, the maniacal Prime Pharaoh rules the wastelands of Earth. Any who oppose him are exiled to the Void Pyramid. This outer space prison is populated by criminals, beasts, and mutants. No one has ever escaped, but you must try."
Void Pyramid is console-style RPG where the hero controls a single character through a dangerous dungeon environment. It has unique mechanics and a very original (and weird) setting. Below are some of the features I'm most proud of:

*Choose to be a soldier, slave, or scribe. Overcome challenges with your unique skills.

*Explore the intricately designed pyramid. Each chamber is packed with foes, puzzles, traps, treasures, and other interesting stuff.

*Develop your character however you want with an unusual but intuitive advancement system.

*Use your brawn, wits, and agility stats to kick down doors, bend bars, hack computers, haggle with merchants, dodge traps, scale walls, and more.

*Find numerous solutions to every problem. Explore multiple paths through the pyramid. Experience alternate endings. Fight optional bosses. Discover hidden treasures.

*Experience a unique vision of the future. In the space-faring future, the Egyptian empire has risen again. The Prime Pharaoh’s mutant armies oppress mankind.

I hope you will take the time to play Void Pyramid and review it (and even enjoy it). Thank you so much for your consideration.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=16219.0

The soundtrack is pretty incredible.  Still waiting on him to post a link so I can download it.

edit: found a link to it on his website.  Thanks for posting this Tooker!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:38:42 PM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Willy Elektrix

• Lord of the Sword
    • View Profile
As you discovered, the soundtrack can be downloaded on www.voidpyramid.com.

If you like that soundtrack, check out the soundtrack to my other game Ramble Planet. The game and soundtrack can be found here.

Willy Elektrix

• Lord of the Sword
    • View Profile
Re: Void Pyramid, free post-apocalyptic RPG, spread the word if you like it.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »
Glory to his eternal majesty the Prime Pharaoh! May he rule our planet forever!

A new version of Void Pyramid will be released this November. It will have some new bosses, treasures, items, and secrets. I'll keep you guys posted.

Void Pyramid is now also on Steam Greenlight. If any Steam users here enjoyed Void Pyramid and want to give it a vote, I'd appreciate it. You can visit the Greenlit page here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782146949

Thanks for your support!