Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319162 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Which monsters do you enjoy to see the most in a RPG?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Which monsters do you enjoy to see the most in a RPG?  (Read 7292 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 12:09:05 AM »

No, but there's a regular enemy in older SMT games called "Mara". It's a pun on a Buddhist ideology. Mara is seen as that which inhibits a person from attaining Enlightenment. It just so happens that some misogynous individuals in the Zen clergy associated sexual desire with Mara, and thus it came also to mean "the penis" in certain contexts, or at least the state of being aroused.

Atlus said: "Lulz. Giant cock demon. Go with it."
Magic Pink

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 08:10:55 AM »

Slimes in general, the ones specifically from Dragon Quest and Breath of Fire. I like the idea of cutting sentient jell-o in half and besides, they're multra + cute.
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 09:35:03 AM »

Uh... so do we really need three pages saying that slimes are awesome?
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »

Quote from: "Bloodstar6078"
Uh... so do we really need three pages saying that slimes are awesome?

Do we really need you being a douche bag? Nope. There are plenty of them here already. This was a thread about favorite monsters. If everyone loves slimes, then who the fuck are you to then complain about that fact and be a dick? Plus, not every post is about slimes, so how about you go fuck yourself you dirty fucking cunt. Thanks.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 12:11:06 PM »

Quote from: "Tridius"
Didn't the japanese version of persona for the PS1 have a giant chariot demon cock in it?

Not quite, although in the Snow Queen Quest
Code:
there is a fixed part of the game where a gigantic penis demon as big as a tree explodes forth from Toro/Chunky's umm, nether regions, in response to his having a ginormous crush on Ayase/Alana and she constantly ignoring/belittling him.

I approve of this nonsense!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 01:22:01 PM »

I like the malboro's and tonberries(pugs) from the FF series.  Also, I really liked the monster designs in FFX. The look of the Malboro's, Chimera's and many others, I thought, were really impressive.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »

Do we really need you being a douche bag? Nope. There are plenty of them here already. This was a thread about favorite monsters. If everyone loves slimes, then who the fuck are you to then complain about that fact and be a dick? Plus, not every post is about slimes, so how about you go fuck yourself you dirty fucking cunt. Thanks.
Do we really need you being a douchebag? If you're going to insult me try not to sound like a retard in the process.

And seriously, calm down. I'm not saying they can't say that but at this point I think its safe to assume most of the people here are probably fond of slimes. I was merely implying that if you are going to post at this point in the discussion maybe it should be to actually add something to it rather than repeating what's already been said.
Magic Pink

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Quote from: "Bloodstar6078"
I was merely implying that if you are going to post at this point in the discussion maybe it should be to actually add something to it rather than repeating what's already been said.

It's not a discussion, it's a list of people's opinions.

So your implication was rude and unnecessary. Daggerstrike was a little over the top in his rebuke of you but he was right and DAMN he was funny to boot.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 08:01:11 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I like the malboro's and tonberries(pugs) from the FF series.

I agree not to mention extremely annoying and deadly.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »

Persona 1 spoilers

Code:
The cockdemon in the snow queen quest is why that got dummied out in the US release.

The inverted vagina demon leg-train creature with naked breasts a baby's ass for a head that suspiciously looks phallic anyway that you encounter as the final boss, on the other hand, is totally wholesome and kosher.
[/quote]

Also Tridius, where does your avatar come from?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 05:30:35 AM »

in ffxi there was these rat beastmen i really liked. they were the only  beastmen that dont aggro but the thief ones when you fight them they will drop bombs at your feet then haul ass away from you. while this may not sound interesting on it's own imagine it in the context of a mmorpg where you will be lucky if they dont come back with a link. suicide bomb goblins were always fun too unless you were a pld. i generally frown on cute monsters in rpg's. i like sci fi and fantasy not disney. plus if you ever fought a sootie in star ocean 3....then you know cute monsters suck. in phantasy star online i loved the Sinow Line of robots. every monster in monster hunter owns because i've been a dinosaur freak since i was a kid.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Bluehaze

l3lu3haz3
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2007, 07:11:10 AM »

I guess for me any monster that fits the style of the game works for me, I'm not too picky : )  Like for example, if I'm playing some Sci-Fi RPG, then I'd like it if the monsters fit the environment of the game, maybe some mech monsters, or something 'out-there' with a space like feel, aliens, etc.  However, that's not to say that a game can't mix it up, but if I'm playing some game that's trying to game itself seriously and then if it throws in cans of soda to attack me...I might just have to raise an eyebrow or two lol  

On a side note, I do like fighting those monsters that are like 50 bajillion times larger than you and your party, and that have multiple body parts that you have to attack--usually those are only bosses though :p lol they should make some game where every monster is like that, part of something larger and at the end of the game you find out that all these monsters were themselves only parts of something much larger etc and maybe you are fighting from the inside-out of something...lol I don't know, sounds kind-of fun : )

Proud member of the SFA.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: