Author Topic: Chase: Cold Case Investigations coming to NA

Hathen

• View Profile
Chase: Cold Case Investigations coming to NA
« on: July 03, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/chase-cold-case-investigations-coming-3ds-eshop-north-america

Former Cing staff making a comeback in the Fall with totally-not-Hotel-Dusk.

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
Re: Chase: Cold Case Investigations coming to NA
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:29:27 AM »
Yesssssssss

NickRansbottom

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 07:56:33 AM »
The hype is real!

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:55 AM »
Detective Kairu Haiddo of Tokyo MPD

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:55:19 PM »
A very relevant comment made on that article:

I read some impressions of the japanese version which came out not long ago. Don't expect too much from this first ex-CiNG outing, people (but do support it please!)

It is 3-5 hours long at max and it doesn't have a lot to it. You investigate some things in a mostly non-interactive fashion; It's just a VN basically. The story itself is sorta forgettable but it definitely feels like this Tokyo cop you're playing as is an alter ego of Kyle Hyde in his detective-days before the events of Hotel Dusk despite the fact that he's now japanese and it takes place in Tokyo.

The impressions I read were that of disappointments. Don't expect this to be the second coming of Hotel Dusk. It doesn't even have Rika Suzuki; the writer of the Another Codes or Hotel Dusks.

This game is Arc System Works testing the waters to see what sticks. Please support this game despite knowing it won't be the best ever and allow them to create a truly great game afterwards, once they've got air under their wings.

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.