Author Topic: Josh blindly flails his way through a natural magic/no esper run of FFVI -hiatus

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
- I just thought of something, if since time immemorial, the goddess statues were carefully positioned in order to keep the WoB in 'balance' then how could Kefka possibly have known that moving them to exactly where he did would end up making him a god?  Wasn't a more likely outcome of his meddling just "world destroyed, everyone dead" and not "world destroyed and also this random guy becomes a god".  Unless moving them in any manner automatically granted the mover god status, for that VERY specific outcome to take place Kefka would have needed to position the statues in a VERY specific pattern, no? I hope that makes sense...

edit: UGH I just paged my post proper. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:35:59 AM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
First: why would you NOT wait for Shadow?  There's no reason to do that.

Second: I always assumed that Kefka became a god from standing between the statues and absorbing their power, before he moved them.  Am I misremembering?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
Thanks for the save Arvis!! You are a true friend of the Ninja ^_^

I didn't want to cast a vote on "jump" or "don't jump" cause I feel like my obvious bias would be in poor taste.

But you do bring up a rather interesting design choice. Seems like it would have made more sense if there actually was some boon or something to be gained by sacrificing Shadow. As it stands there really is no reason to not wait unless you just really don't like him.

Personally I found a great deal of satisfaction is seeing one my character's lives come to an end in Mass Effect 3 due to my decisions. I still don't know if there was any benefit, but I just couldn't stand the character. (not being specific to avoid spoilers for those who may still have yet to touch the trilogy just stating I "get it")
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Some life stuff came up and I won't be able to get to this as much as I'd like to for a while.  I'll come back to it as soon as I can though.  It's great that so many people have participated!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Some life stuff came up and I won't be able to get to this as much as I'd like to for a while.  I'll come back to it as soon as I can though.  It's great that so many people have participated!

Waiting for Shadow it is then.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile

Sweet Lord above do I hear about "life stuff". Life has completely warped my gaming ATM and left me feeling like the only thing that resonates with me is brutality and horror of Dark Souls and Darkest Dungeon. Life also dictates those titles are about all I have the time and attention for at present.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
also, Shadow already died and I'm not going back for him.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile

Lol.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
I can't help but wonder if I should take this personally...

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.

Well that's that then.

Also, yeah when I was a kid and this came out and I saw my older brother finish the timed section of the Floating Continent I was on pins and needles the whole time.  Shit like that isn't meant for a 6 year old, and waiting for Shadow to come back without any internet help or prior knowledge is absolutely nerve-wracking.

Also I feel I need to replay the game or does the game spend as little time explaining the amazing power of the Warring Triad than I thought? I always hated when Shadow fucks up their alignment even more. xD
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
FF6 is really something else though... wasn't it?
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Jawsh ya gonna finish it be interested in seeing your thoughts...

Coming back to it myself recently... does FF6 have the best ending credits/etc in JRPGs? Maybe...

Also remembering the days when finishing meant you got a "The End Screen" and that was it, and then you awkwardly sort of waited and weren't sure whether to just turn it off.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
ugh I wish

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
does FF6 have the best ending credits/etc in JRPGs? Maybe...

You know, it just might...
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons