Author Topic: Pokemon Go

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 12:56:10 AM »
I'm don't telephone so I can't play this but are Pokestop Descriptions really and where do Pokestop Descriptions come from?

Also can Drew write them now?
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

NickRansbottom

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »
Went out yesterday and caught some Pokes, including a Growlithe (which I immediately named Pupper), and woke up to find a Staryu in my bedroom! As someone who mains Water-types, that was such a pleasant surprise!

Also, @Agent D: Thanks so much for the spin ball tip!

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 09:45:14 AM »
Yo, peep this: An animal shelter in Indiana is using Pokemon GO as a way to get volunteers to visit the shelter to help walk their dogs.  Get your steps in to hatch and egg/find a pokemon and help out the community.  Brilliant! 

https://www.facebook.com/MuncieAnimalShelter/photos/a.223109177771509.54516.220023711413389/1050999401649145/?type=3&theater
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

NickRansbottom

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 10:24:50 AM »
Yo, peep this: An animal shelter in Indiana is using Pokemon GO as a way to get volunteers to visit the shelter to help walk their dogs.  Get your steps in to hatch and egg/find a pokemon and help out the community.  Brilliant! 

https://www.facebook.com/MuncieAnimalShelter/photos/a.223109177771509.54516.220023711413389/1050999401649145/?type=3&theater
That is SO rad! I would love it if my local animal shelter did something similar, as I'd totally be up for walking their puppers.

Bad news though, gang; an Arbok spawned and it ran away from me after two attempts. I. Am. Fuming. T_T

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:20 PM »
Since I'm currently living in Asia, it makes me sad I'm not getting in on the second coming of Pokemania. At least, not for a while. Who knows how long it'll take Niantic to sort out their server problems.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »
Yo, I just checked the Facebook page of that animal shelter and they've already adopted out a few dogs thanks to Pokemon Go.  How cool is that?
     -Peppermint Patty

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »
it seems all churches are either pokestops or gyms and There's this area in Flushing that has like a million churches. 5 on one block, I am now full up on eggs and like 200 pokeballs.

The game itself is fun, definitely been bitten by the bug since I was out till 2 with friends playing the game. Just not that much actual gameplay. They're going to need to add more player interaction and stuff to do soon to keep up the momentum. No need to add more than the original 151 till there's more stuff to do.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

NickRansbottom

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »
I caught a Rhyhorn, a Venonat, an Eevee, and (FINALLY!) a Bulbasaur on Thursday night when I went to see Ghostbusters. Now I just need a Charmander and a Pikachu, and then I'll have all the starters!

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 11:43:46 AM »
While I'm still enjoying it, the game literally throws dozens of the same Pokemon at you. I've caught almost twenty Pidgeys, ten Doduos, a large number of Rattatas, Weedles, and Catterpies. I understand some Pokemon are more common than others, but I rarely see anything else.

In other news, my first egg hatched and it was Pikachu! I just need Squirtle and then I'll have all the starters myself.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/MLdWbwQJWI0
A Vaporeon spawned in Central Park and people stampeded to it.... This is nuts.  I can't believe how quick an "ok" game has captured the hearts of millions (and I think it's fantastic xD).

We FINALLY got it in Canada, and I look forward to giving it a shot!  I turned it on and I went super quickly from "this is it?" to "this is so cool".
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:38:53 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 06:45:27 PM »
Edit: Not worth reading.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:37:13 PM by ZeronHitaro »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 06:48:08 PM »
My friend and I's nearby Pokemon are never the same so I don't understand these stories of hordes of people scrambling to the same location for one Pokemon.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 10:19:42 PM »
My friend and I's nearby Pokemon are never the same so I don't understand these stories of hordes of people scrambling to the same location for one Pokemon.
The nearby pokemon list has false data at times. If your service is slow or you've been moving for a while, generally you'll have half the list of nearby pokemon being what I've dubbed ghost data. They were there, but have since moved and now are just ghosts left over, probably just from server lag like every other problem in game. Restart the game and your list will be more accurate.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »
Our Pokemon GO feature is up on the front page:

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Pokemon_GO_Perspectives/index.html
     -Peppermint Patty

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
My family is very serious about this game...

My sister and her boyfriend have systems in place to catch the maximum amount of Pokémon while in the car. Last week, he went out to get some cooking oil and came back an hour later with a bunch of Pokémon. The super market is practically around the corner.

My dad calculated that his mobility scooter is the most efficient way to hatch eggs, because it's top speed is 15km hour. Walking is too slow and if you ride a bike, you might go too fast too often.

When I mentioned I couldn't play because my phone is outdated, my mom offered to buy me a new one.

My brother is probably the highest level of them all (he has a habit of walking/cycling to and from work) but he's trying to downplay his interest.

I refused to accept a new cellphone by the way, so now my sister is going to go and see if they have an old one that can run the game. So, eh, I might be joining the craze sometime soon, I guess? I will probably be disowned if I join a team other than Mystic.