Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334548 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A couple of questions...my health is failing me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A couple of questions...my health is failing me  (Read 1396 times)
Pcmaker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:26:11 PM »

Before you ask, I have no health insurance whatsoever. The company I work at doesn't provide any.

First up is my vision. I can read just fine, but my eyes get tired very fast. I used to be able to read books but now I have to rest my eyes a lot. This happens when I'm playing games, too. I can see fine, but only at a part of what I'm looking at. For example, if I look at a pen on a table, I can see the pen fine, even read the letters on it, but I can only focus on that and not the table. The table is blurry.

Anyone have this problem? I posted here because I know a lot of you play games and I bet this is why my vision is so messed up now.

I was trying to invite you, but you weren't online. I'll add you if you and me are both on at the same time. You can also ask anyone in the guild for an invite just type /who sparky and you'll get a list of the guild members that are online, you can ask one of them for an invite :D
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »

I don't think playing games would give you this problem. I think you should find some way to see a doctor. A message board isn't the best place to seek a diagnosis.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 02:43:40 PM »

Quote from: "Lucid"
I don't think playing games would give you this problem. I think you should find some way to see a doctor. A message board isn't the best place to seek a diagnosis.

Very much agreed. However....I talked to my Dad (optometrist) and there are a few things to think about. Have you added any new or unusual stimuli to your eyes recently? Reading more? Watching more TV? Different CLIMATE? Sleeping enough or differently? Playing games more hours than normal? Etc etc.

Also....shit like this can happen depending on your age. Could be some sort of degeneration of the eyes. Yeah you might not have health insurance, but call up your local Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor's Office and just see what a check up costs with no insurance. And if it costs too much ask if they know of any cheaper or free places you can go for an eye exam or the like.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »

Quote from: "Lucid"

Are you sure about this? Prolonged gaming messes up my eyes bad.

Same problems he's having, actually (though probably not as serious). Enough to have an impact on eye exams, though.

I know it's the games, because if I stop playing for a week or so my eyes go back to normal. Nothing else changes besides that. It's never been a permanent problem for me.

[/url]
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »

I work in an office on a computer under florescent lights all day.  This contributes a lot to my poor vision.  Terribly out of date contacts have also done some damage.  I am back to wearing glasses for now as all the grabbing my eyes then shoving them under a heat lamp is cooking them but good.

I recommend regular eye massaging and take the time to look up, down, left, and right without turning your head.  Just move your eyes and hold them in that direction for a few seconds.  It usually creates this blur of pink and red which results in me literally going blind for up to half a minute.  But afterwards my eyes feel great.  I can see more clearly and the stress around my eyes goes away.

ElectronicMister

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »

take the spoon out of the mug!

if you get that you're awesome.

My hat is
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: