Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 06:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340889 Posts in 13931 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Concerts 07
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Concerts 07  (Read 8173 times)
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »

Seems Metallica will include Sweden in their European tour for once, heh ^^ 12th of July, tickets will be released on monday.. I'm soo gonna go. For old times' sake, if nothing else.

Be awesome instead.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 02:54:33 PM »

Oh yeah, I saw Blackfield with Pure Reason Revolution last week.

Pure Reason Revolution really rocked. They sound heavier and funkier live, and the vocals hold up surprisingly well, considering how produced they are on the album. I wish they'd had a long set.

Blackfield were okay. They just sounded like they do on CD really, which made for an enjoyable, but ultimately forgettable gig.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »

Another show I found out about last night is Megadeth and Down are playing in Montreal next month so i'm going to try to round up some friends to go.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
Another show I found out about last night is Megadeth and Down are playing in Montreal next month so i'm going to try to round up some friends to go.

...I'm just assuming you forgot that those boys are there opening for Heaven and Hell. :P

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 12:30:07 PM »

Oh yeah, I saw Blue Man Group:  How to be a Megastar 2.0.   It was just okay.  Parts were very entertaining like when they went out into the audience, but overall I wasn't that excited about it.  Mike Realm, the opening act was very good though.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 12:50:07 PM »

35 000  tickets sold out in 30 minutes... ffs. Black market, here I come :(

Be awesome instead.
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »

Quote from: "Harlequin"
35 000  tickets sold out in 30 minutes... ffs. Black market, here I come :(

I was reading the other day that Metallica sells out every show in Scandinavia. Nuts.

As it stands, the best festival in the US is set to take place six hours away in Baltimore, MD. Maryland Deathfest. $70 bucks for two days is a bit pricey, but with over twenty bands on the bill not from North America... easily justified. Some of the premiere bands playing.. Zyklon, Cynic (regrouped after about 12 years), Cripple Bastards, Rotten Sound, Skitsystem, Brutal Truth. I'm really interested in seeing Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation. It's an all female grind band from Japan. Fuck L7, Bikini Kill, and all that other shit. This is the real deal. I love Japan... everything involving metal, punk, or grindcore is always taken to the next level.

http://www.myspace.com/fidgrind - Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation's Myspace.

http://www.supremebrutality.com - Maryland Deathfest Website

Other than that festival, I'm looking forward to CLITFest in Richmond, VA. CLIT (Combating Latent Inequality Together)Fest should be three days of crust punk, scandi hardcore, and booze. If you're close, check it out. It probably won't be more than $5 a day. [/url]
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »

I saw Guster on Sunday.

.... God, I feel out of place.

[/url]
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 03:34:10 PM »

Yes, very out of place.  :P

Valth!  Cynic are excellent, I'm hoping to catch them sometime this year myself.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »

:/ Uh...yeah, Darkrider, not sure why I didn't mention 'Heaven and Hell' in that post. Might be because I was only just told about the show on Saturday and I was quite pickled at the time.  I just heard Megadeth/Montreal and that was it.  Also, I REALLY dislike Ronnie James Dio.  There were a few Sabbath tunes with him that I liked but not many.

Still, i'm not one to complain.  It's a pretty diverse line-up for a show so I'm sure i'll enjoy it.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 08:41:20 PM »

Well to be honest, I think anybody who is going just to see Dio back with Sabbath is probably gonna come away at least a little disappointed.  I heard one of their new songs they wrote just yesterday, and Dio's voice is shot to hell.  Age has been even less kind to him than it has Rob Halford.  Of course, the man's in his mid-60s and a metal god, so I'd cut him some slack, but there's lots of metalheads out there less forgiving than I am.

At least with Down and Megadeth, you go in knowing what to expect:  Phil hasn't been able to sing in years, and Mustaine never has. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 06:05:26 AM »

^Hey, well any Megadeth/Mustaine fan isn't really there for singing right.....P

Note: As much as I love Megadeth, I really get irritated watching interviews with Mustaine. He's very talented of course but the guy seems so severe and abrasive. He never really got over getting kicked out of Metallica did he?  He just seems so "holier than thou" all the time...pardon the pun.

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »

I've already missed Explosions in the Sky, Isis, and G3 so far this year, but I just got tickets to see Rush on June 23rd.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »

Quote from: "Nemmet"
I've already missed Explosions in the Sky, Isis, and G3 so far this year, but I just got tickets to see Rush on June 23rd.

I live like 15 minutes away from Nissan. I'd like to go and some of my friends are going but I don't feel like spending that much on tickets. The Metal for The Masses concert was awesome. The opening band blew but Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity, and Dark Tranquillity were all amazing. I left before The Haunted and ran into two Scar Symmetry guys at 7-11.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »

I went to a Nerdcore show. MC Lars, MC Frontalot, Schaffer the Dark Lord. Fan-fucking-tastic.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: