Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332835 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Concerts 07
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Concerts 07  (Read 8042 times)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 12:33:10 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
I went to a Nerdcore show. MC Lars, MC Frontalot, Schaffer the Dark Lord. Fan-fucking-tastic.

MC Lars is great and I've heard one or two MC Frontalot songs, which were also good.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2007, 02:46:31 PM »

I've got tickets to two Tool shows here in Florida, Orlando and Tampa.  Set for the end of May, sure to be awesome.  I'll probably try to get some tickets for NIN if they end up touring again this year.

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 05:59:58 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
I saw Guster on Sunday.

.... God, I feel out of place.

Don't worry, i'm with you on that one whenever I post in these threads.

The concerts iv'e seen this year were:

Aggrolites with Synthetic Elements (ska bands)

Gogol Bordello with Valiant Thor - Both were awesome, Gogol put on an awesome show.

I just recently went to go see Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, who were opening for Mute Math. SSLYBY put on a great show and I love their music, but Mute Math totally (and unexpectadly) blew my mind. They were amazing.  Probably the best concert of my life. Also the Cinematics were there which is the epitome of college rock.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 02:34:51 PM »

I just found out that Porcupine Tree is supposedly pulling out some songs on this tour they've never played live before, like stuff from Signify and Lightbulb Sun, so I'm definitely going to try to see them again in May.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 09:22:15 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
I've got tickets to two Tool shows here in Florida, Orlando and Tampa.  Set for the end of May, sure to be awesome.  I'll probably try to get some tickets for NIN if they end up touring again this year.

Tool live is an amazing experience. I've seen them 4 times now. And one of those times they played Third Eye. It was like Aenima years all over again, especially the way Maynard was painted up and moving around. He had this constellation pattern all over his body and was up front and moving around a lot.

I'm going to be seeing Dir En Grey two times in June. I just got into this band and I like them a lot. Live show should be awesome.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »

Yeah, I've already seen Tool live twice.  Definitely put on a great show, never fail to deliver.  But this time around, I'm anxious to hear the 10,000 Days material, as it's a lot harder.  Third Eye would be amazing, but I don't get my hopes up.  I'll be happy just to hear Right in Two.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 05:54:47 AM »

Seeing Porcupine Tree this Thursday! I'm so psyched after seeing the first show's setlist.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 05:25:02 AM »

So, Porcupine Tree were absolutely friggin' amazing.

I had a stupid dream

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"

omg omg omg

setlist setlist setlist
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »

Quote from: "Nemmet"
Quote from: "Degolas"

omg omg omg

setlist setlist setlist

01. Fear Of A Blank Planet
02. Lightbulb Sun
03. My Ashes
04. Anesthetize
05. Open Car
06. Gravity Eyelids
07. Drown With Me
08. Sentimental
09. Blackest Eyes
10. Half Light
11. Sever
12. Way Out Of Here
13. Sleep Together

14. Even Less
15. Mother And Child Divided
16. Halo

All of it was bloody amazing. Lightbulb Sun was great, as SW did the vocals a little differently, and John Wesley did an extended solo which was shred-tastic! Sever was also fantastic, as they jammed a bit towards the end with some awesome guitar work from SW. Way Out Of Here is much better live too.

And the encore. Dear GOD it was the most energetic thing ever!

I had a stupid dream

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 08:13:06 PM »

I'm really excited to hear Sever and Half-Light. I should finally get around to listening to Lightbulb Sun since they seem to be pulling out quite a few songs from that album too.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »

Lightbulb Sun is pretty good. Very acoustic based, and quite poppy. Has some very, very awesome tracks.

Also, have you heard Drown With Me? The live version wasn't so good as there are so many harmonies on the chorus. I can send it your way if you haven't heard it.

I had a stupid dream

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »

No, I haven't heard it, but I'd like to. I think I'll also give Lightbulb Sun a listen later today.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 11:34:27 PM »

I went to the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis this past weekend.  I tried to see as many bands as I could, but the heat, crowds and smoke got to me.  

PLAIN WHITE T'S -  I really liked them.  I might buy their cd.  

RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS -  The only song I knew was Face Down.  I didn't realize the rest of their songs had so much screaming (not really my thing).  The lead singer had nice shiney hair.  

JERRY LEE LEWIS -  Sounds like he does on his records.  Funny thing is, they had to stop the show a few times because people were fighting in front.  It's freaking Jerry Lee Lewis!!  Fighting??

CHEVELLE - Not impressed.  Perhaps it's not my kind of music. I only stayed for a few songs.  

SOCIAL DISTORTION -  Honestly, I was too busy talking to my friends to pay attention.  Shame on me.

THREE 6 MAFIA -  If they would actually perform instead of promoting their t.v. show, it may have been good.  I really don't know since I left after hearing 5 songs and 1000 plugs.

KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD -  Heard a few songs and they sounded good.  It was during this performance some guy decided to hit on my friend and me, so I was distracted.  

HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS -  Eh,  I didn't like the lead singer voice.  Left to see someone else.  

JACK'S MANNEQUIN -  Oh, I liked them.  Will look for a cd later.  

TAKING BACK SUNDAY -  I'm sorry but they sounded like ass.  The bass was too loud and the mic. kept cutting in and out.  I got out as quickly as I could.  

WOLFMOTHER -  I like thier cds but not blown away by them in person.  Of course I was sitting way out there to avoid the crowds so perhaps it sounded different up close.  Also at that time the fair food started to get to me and I basically was only atuned to my pain.

OHIO PLAYERS -  Only heard one song but it was damn fun.

GUSTER -  Must get CD.

BARENAKED LADIES -  Damn funny band and very entertaining.

PAPA ROACH -  Only heard a few songs when passing by.  The crowds were too thick and I wanted to see Guster.  

PROJECT PAT -  Okay so I didn't hear him but I did see him.  

DAUGHTRY -  I am such an AI freak that he was the act I was looking forward to the most.  I only stayed for 30 minutes because we wanted to leave Memphis at a reasonalbe time plus the damn food was getting to me again.  Anyways, Chris should have won AI that season.  He was robbed.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »

My friend and I just saw a killer local ska show last night with local and touring bands.  It was at a suburban community center so it was mostly high school kids at the show, but man I had an absolute blast.  It was so much fun.  The crowd was just as awesome and entertaining as the music.  There were circle pits galore and I must've sweated  gallons from all that skanking.  

5 bands played:
a ska-core band called The Best of the Worst were a lot of fun.  
The Smooth Talkers were a pop punk band who had some catchy songs, but zero stage presence (save for the drummer.)  
Le Monstre were a folk-punk band who had talent, but their music wasn't really my thing.  
Pinstripe Melee, from upstate New York, absolutely killed.  They were so freaking tight and the crowd went nuts for them.  Really nice guys too.  
And capping off the night were our friends The Waffle Stompers.  They came out in full regalia dressed like Angus Young, Elvis, Freddie Mercury, someone in the Aquabats, and more.  The crowd was absolutely bananas during their set.  I always thought The Waffle Stompers were a good band, but they were 1000 times better than the last time I saw them.  

The Waffle Stompers http://www.myspace.com/thewafflestompers
Pinstripe Melee http://www.pinstripemelee.com http://www.myspace.com/pinstripemelee  

Clueless- I get the feeling the Taking Back Sunday stage mix was intentional. Their bassist, Matt Rubano, is the only one in the band with actual talent (he has a degree in jazz performance.) I look at him and Ryknow of Mudvayne and ask myself "what are such talented bassists doing in such lousy bands?"

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: