Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319725 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Concerts 07
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Concerts 07  (Read 7795 times)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:28:57 PM »

Have any shows you plan on going to? I just read about an announced date at my local venue (Jaxx) with Dark Tranquillity/Into Eternity/The Haunted. I'd mainly go for Into Eternity and then Dark Tranquillity. I also plan on going to see Kamelot in August and Sonata Arctica in October.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

I really want to see Explosions in the Sky in March.

Dream Theater's new album should come out this year, so I might see them (for the first time) on that tour as well.
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

As it stands now, I'm wanting to check out C.L.I.TFest and Burning Portland.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 08:46:49 PM »

I don't go to that many major concerts, but I do like to go to local shows a decent amount.  I like to support my local music scenes.    

I went to a south Jersey metal show earlier this month.  

Mayfair was a shitty metalcore band

Total Ruination was good, but they were hardcore and I don't like hardcore.  The tough guy drill sergeant barking vocals aren't my thing, and this vocalist was barking like a tough guy drill sergeant.

Sheeron was a heavily hyped death metal band, and they were definitely talented.  However, the super guttural cookie monster vocals (think Cattle Decapitation) were not to my taste.  

Adder was fucking awesome.  They were a no frills, no gimmicks, rootsy, ass kicking metal band in the vein of Pantera.  They were easily my favorite band of the evening.  While all my friends were going ga-ga over Sheeron, I was nuts over Adder.  

The headlining band was Doomsday Machine Schematic.  They're really nice guys, but their music is grindcore and I'm not into grindcore.  It's just noise to me.

I approve of this nonsense!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 08:00:09 AM »

I heading down to Moncton on the 29th to see Hellacaust and a couple of other bands and in March i'm going to Quebec to see Lamb of God and Trivium. That's all for now.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »

I'm seeing Blackfield and Pure Reason Revolution next month, Porcupine Tree in April.

I will almost certainly see Iron Maiden when they play Donington later in the year. Apparently it's going to be before Download, so that's good.

Dream Theater are definitely touring Europe in June, though that could be festivals. Either way I'll probably see them once or twice.

Rush are touring as well, so I might check that out.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:32:25 AM »

Okay, I can't believe I'm admitting to this but I plan to go to the Justin Timberlake/Pink show with a friend.  Only one friend is willing to go with me since everyone else either doesn't like J.T. or Pink or is too embarassed to be seen at the concert.  Personally I like Pink and that's the main reason I'm going.  I freaking hate the Sexy Back song!

I also plan on going to see the Blue Man Group.  The only time I have ever seen them was on the Jay Leno Show and those Pentium commericals.  They seem entertaining so I'm willing to attend the concert.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 03:38:39 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I heading down to Moncton on the 29th to see Hellacaust and a couple of other bands and in March i'm going to Quebec to see Lamb of God and Trivium. That's all for now.

ROFL

You know, I was in the same sped math class as Hellbastard from Hellacaust.  :P

We just saw Deicide last week, albeit Glen Benton is stuck in Yankville due to some gay reason.  The fellow from Dissenter filled in on bass and vocals for most of the set though.

We booked tickets to see Stream of Passion literally ten minutes ago.  ...And five minutes ago we find out Skyclad is playing the same night in another city.  So that is kinda shit.  Although seeing Arjen will be great.  And besides, Skyclad is totally less appealing without Martin.

We also went to Wacken this year and plan on going next year.  Although we will be back in Canada then and it will be harder to do.  But man, it will be worth it.  I mean, despite all the piss soaked clothes, drunken Swedes, and defecating on treadmills, we got to see Emperor, Korpiklaani, Atheist, Arch Enemy, Primal Fear, Gamma Ray, and lots of other kick ass shit.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 04:48:23 PM »

I wish I could see Arjen :(

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 01:54:44 AM »

Decemberists concert on March 31 (one day after my birthday).

I'm not sure of any good metal concerts occurring around here, but being able to see Blind Guardian kinda made seeing concerts less important as they were win.

Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:50:53 AM »

Upon further inspection, seems I'll be making a stop in Charlotte, NC on February 8th. Destruction, Into Eternity, Wehrwolfe, and Lecherous Nocturne.

German thrash seems to have aged better than the bay area scene. Slayer and Metallica versus Sodom and Kreator? Germany ftw!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 12:47:05 PM »

Man, I am totally just getting into German Thrash now.  Kreator is fucking excellent.  As for Bay Area shit, literally, the only one of teh Big Four I can listen to anymore is Megadeth.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 05:52:06 PM »

Concerts I plan on going to this year are:Tool, Isis and Secret Chiefs 3. I'm most excited about Secret Chiefs 3, as I've yet to see them perform live before. It should be very interesting.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Burning Dragon

mmmdugger1@wmconnect.com mmmdugger1 mike_humbug
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 02:27:52 AM »

Being in Arkansas, I don't get to see many good concerts. But, I did manage to see As Blood Runs Black about a month ago. They put on a good show, but the vocalist was a moron. For one, you could not even hear his vocals through-out the entire set.  Two, he just marched around the stage thinking he was hot-shit, but was simply not. And three, he looked like a hardcore-faggot, lawl. But yea, was a decent show.

Not sure what else I shall be seeing this year; although,  I heard Trivium and Lamb of God are playing here soon, so...
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 02:25:13 PM »

Well, Myau and I just got back from our trip to Sheffield to see Stream of Passion yesterday.  Save for the fact that the show was fucking cancelled because British and French authorities wouldn't allow the three Mexicans into the Country as they decided that they weren't here to play in their band, but it was all a fucking cover up to gain illegal entry into the UK, set up housing, set up under the table work, and live illegally here and steal all of Her Majesty's bollocking pounds sterling.

And this was our honeymoon too.  We spent a good 100 to get there and get a hotel and have a nice dinner and all that jazz only to have fucking Britain show once again it's apparent distrust of anyone who doesn't sound like they're from fucking London.  I mean, afterall, they shot that Brazillian fellow last year cause they thought he was in the Al Qaeda on the brilliant reason that he "looked foreign."

Pretty disappointing.  We really would have liked to have seen Arjen before we went back to Canada.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: