Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338734 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Concerts 07
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Concerts 07  (Read 8130 times)
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »

I went to see Minus The Bear the other night.

I was really impressed with them, they put on a good show, though it wasn't any special, Mute Math has got to be the best live band iv'e seen so far, with Gogol Bordello as a close second.

It would have helped if the two bands before Minus the Bear didn't blow, especially Cat-a-Tac. They put me to sleep, but not a relaxed sleep, it was sleep from being bored. God the lead singer had such a monotone voice it was like listening to Ben Stein behind a bunch of cheap generic guitar riffs. Overall, not worth $16. I spent $18 to get into Mute Math, and I would have paid that price to see either SSLYBY or Mute Math alone.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2007, 01:29:48 AM »

Went to Dallas to How the Edge Stole Christmas concert.  We got there late and only caught Paramore, Silverchair, Jimmy Eat World, and Modest Mouse.  Missed Silversun Pickups, Coheed and Cambria, and The Vanished.  Didn't even consider staying for day 2.  

Paramore was okay.  It really wasn't my kind of music so I can only comment on how pretty the lead singer's hair is.  

Silverchair -  I never was into them when they were 14.  My friends had his cd and everything and they were sorely disappointed in how he is now.  One friend thought he was trying to be dark and was failing at it since it was a radical departure from how they the band was a decade or so ago.  Again, I'm not familiar with the music and can only comment that he needs to shave the ugly mustache and gain some weight.  Oh also he must be on drugs or something because he could hardly function to sign autographs.  It's kinda sad.

Jimmy Eat World -  Fun!

Modest Mouse -  Ah, the band my friends wanted to see the most.  I've only heard what has been played on the radio and wasn't familiar with their other stuff.  I did like what I heard.  Love all the different instruments they played.  What a talented group they are.

As for future concerts, I bought Kelly Clarkson tickets.  I'm so excited.  The only drawback is that she's with Reba.  Oh well, I guess I can stomach country to hear my girl sing.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2007, 04:09:59 AM »

I was at a punk show last night at the Jersey shore and the lineup was insane: Dead Tired, Killin' It, Lighten Up, Seasick, Sex Positions, The Degenerics, and The Ergs.  

The Degenerics are legendary in the NJ punk scene and it was like some kind of mystical awakening seeing/hearing them perform.  Super nice guys too and fantastic musicians; I think every punk fan should check out The Degenerics.  I was totally hyped to see them after reading Ronen Kauffman's book and they just left me in complete awe and shock.  This was the first time in a long time I enjoyed every band on the bill of a show, but seeing the Degenerics (especially after reading Ronen Kauffman's book) was THE exclamation point of my year.  

The Ergs were killer too; it was edgy punk with a pop sensibility. Their bassist is insanely good. Seasick and Sex Positions were intense punk/metal hybrid bands. I was upset that a fight broke out during SP's set and they had to cut it short (that was one of two fights this evening.) I was really digging their stuff. Dead Tired was some good '80s style hardcore. Lighten Up was a happy hardcore band.  I'm friends with a couple of the guys in Killin' It and though they're not the best band around, they have heart and it's good ol' slam happy punk rawk.

I got merch from almost all the bands. This was the first time in a long time I liked every band on the bill. I got a 7" Seasick LP for free for being one of the first 50 attendees. The guitarist of Sex Positions gave me a CD on the house, which was very nice of him. I bought a Degenerics CD and 7" LPs of Lighten Up, Killin' It, and The Ergs/Lemuria split LP. I didn't get anything from Dead Tired because their CD comes out in January.

I got merch, I got autographs, I moshed, I enjoyed good music and the company of friends. Definitely one of the best shows I've been to all year.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: