Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332816 Posts in 13637 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Reggie Fils-Aime needs his Coffee.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reggie Fils-Aime needs his Coffee.  (Read 770 times)
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/30/nintedos-reggie-wants-you-as-his-assistant/

Got this over at PAhttp://www.penny-arcade.com/comic, but apparently Nintendo of America's Pres. needs an assistant. Sounds sweet, but looking at the job description my dreams quickly died. I don't even know what an "action memo" is, but damn if I wouldn't give it my best.

Also, read some of the posts below the article, some are trying to "Chuck Norris" this guy. My favorite being: No-one really loses their grip on a wiimote. Reggie just knows when you're doubting Nintendo.

Thoughts? Qualification?
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »

I don't know, it's not like they have a mastersword division you'd be supervising. In fact I'm pretty sure it's more breakneck than most coporate jobs.

edit: also states that you're pretty much taking over his home life as well, fund raisers. Oh God.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 07:17:07 PM »

Being a personal assistant to a high-power executive, a celeb, high-profile talking head, or anyone in a high position has easily got to be the most stressful, demanding, and often demeaning job on the planet.  I mean, you have to be at that person's beck-&-call and mercy 24-7-365 and you're basically shit on by everyone and their great aunt Ida Mae who's even remotely involved with the person you're assisting.  

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer a job where I can actually, you know, sleep at least 5 hours a night and get some vacation time.  Even when the person you're assisting takes a vacation, you're still working at LEAST 29 hours a day.  (that wasn't a typo.)    

I don't know how Hollywood personal assistants do it.  You have to be superhuman, an android, or Waylon Smithers to do the job of running a successful person's charmed life.  

If anything, I think the job description is surprisingly lenient for a personal assistant.

Anyone who thinks this will be a glamour gig is delusional.  Almost how everyone things the rock-&-roll lifestyle is all gigs, parties, groupies, trashing hotel rooms, glamour, fortune, and fame.  The music biz is filthy, dirty, ruthless, uncaring, duplicitous, sleazy, and just simply downright evil, and dealing with the kind of difficult personalities you need to deal with 24-7-365 is enough to make the average human suicidal.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:26:36 PM »

but what about SHIGGY MIYAMOTO!?!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: