Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341238 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Looking for Interesting Music
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for Interesting Music  (Read 1696 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2006, 08:04:19 PM »

I am looking for some good and interesting music. Music along the lines of MC Lars, Atom and His Package, and MC Chris. Music that normally can't be put into a definitive category, but blend the genres. Anyone have any suggestions?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »

I'm not familiar with the stuff you've mentioned, but here's something that blends multiple genres seamlessly.  

The band is Ozomatli and the album is Street Signs.  It's a seamless blend of Latin music, Middle Eastern music, and hip-hop.  

If you're more into a fusion of funk, rock, jazz, blues, and hip-hop, definitely check out Screaming Headless Torsos.  Their album called 1995 is awesome.  

One group that I've been getting into recently is called Ivory Tower (http://www.ivorytowermusic.com).  Their On a Far and Distant Shore is quite refreshing to listen to- it has a new age, poppy sound.  I like it.

If you like your genre blending to have a familiar feel, definitely check out Antigone Rising.  This all female band encompass elements of rock, folk, blues, country, pop...

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: