Author Topic: Humble Bundle

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 12:23:39 AM »
Humble Indie 18 has started.  Good bundle if you have not picked up some of these from previous humbles.  The $1 tier is definitely worth it, and is a steal for $1. If you are not sure about the 2nd tier you can just get the 1st tier, and lock the beat the average until the rest of the 2nd tier is revealed.   You can then decide if the 2nd tier is worth the cost to you. I will say that if you do get the 2nd tier picking up the 3rd tier is highly recommended at that point for Owlboy, which is a very good platformer .

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 06:55:14 AM »
Humble Indie 18 has started.  Good bundle if you have not picked up some of these from previous humbles.  The $1 tier is definitely worth it, and is a steal for $1. If you are not sure about the 2nd tier you can just get the 1st tier, and lock the beat the average until the rest of the 2nd tier is revealed.   You can then decide if the 2nd tier is worth the cost to you. I will say that if you do get the 2nd tier picking up the 3rd tier is highly recommended at that point for Owlboy, which is a very good platformer .

Steamworld heist is fun but mechanically a bit too simple, I have high hopes for the sequel they're making. Windward looks fun though and tier one's pay whatever amount you want so it's hard to feel like you overpaid.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »
Tier 1 is pay whatever you want, but you only get the steam keys if you pay $1

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:29 PM »
ok gais, new humble bundle out. The game on bundlem honestly ymmv with this one as I'm sure many have played the games worth playing in this bundle.
There are the old school adventure games of Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword 5 and Grim Fandango. The Stanley Parable and Her Story have garnered some fame so I'm sure many have experienced those 2 already.

The 10 dollar tier probably not worth it since if you care about borderlands, you probably played the presequel already. Also, it doesn't come with any of the dlc and the handsome jack collection is on sale for psn right now.

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »
I don't know anything about this game, but Rising Storm: game of the year edition  is available for the low cost of free in the humble store for the next 46 hours.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rising-storm-game-of-the-year-edition?partner=igb

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
There is a new Adult Swim games bundle on  Humble. Can't really say anything about it as I don't know anything about these games.
https://www.humblebundle.com/adult-swim-games-bundle

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 08:42:43 PM »
yeah out of all the games in the new bundle, I've seen some Glittermitten grove. It's....different. Wasted looks interesting and I mean at the price of a dollar, what've you got to lose?

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
At least the comic book bundle looked good. I put down for that one. Came to $28.60 after dealing with the shipping for the physical ones. Pretty sure I got another comic as a promtional from it, too.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 02:26:08 PM »
so uh, new bundle up. It's very......unique. Never heard of or played any of these games but they seem to all be visual novels. Frankly, I'm not sure if any human alive can handle all this anime.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
Frankly, I'm not sure if any human alive can handle all this anime.

That sounds like a challenge!

*looks at the bundle

Oh god, Nekopara...

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »
Oh god, Nekopara...

But I already have all 4 of them...

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:15 PM »
Well, If you like Sekai Project the full bundle is A steal. You will die from all dat Moege though.

Been waiting for Root Double and Memory Dogma to get a DEEP discount for a while now so the bundle is a  definite buy for me.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 08:37:34 PM »
Of the VN bundle, I've played (and reviewed) the first episodes of Fault and World End Economica. I enjoyed neither.

Narcissu is fantastic, but you can also get it in non-anniversary form for free (legally). http://narcissu.insani.org/

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »
I'm looking at this bundle and Nekopara is confusing me, Vol. 0 95% positive of 6670 reviews, Vol. 1 96% positive of 9717 reviews, and Vol. 2 97% positive of 5613 reviews. Next highest review count in the bundle....fault - milestone one with 95% positive of 1105 reviews. How is it that much more popular? Is it actually an amazing game series or are catgirls just that popular of a fetish? O.o

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
I'm looking at this bundle and Nekopara is confusing me, Vol. 0 95% positive of 6670 reviews, Vol. 1 96% positive of 9717 reviews, and Vol. 2 97% positive of 5613 reviews. Next highest review count in the bundle....fault - milestone one with 95% positive of 1105 reviews. How is it that much more popular? Is it actually an amazing game series or are catgirls just that popular of a fetish? O.o

Nekopara blew up on steam, and has pretty much has became a meme series at this point.   Part of the reason why it blew up is  because popular anime youtubers like lost Pause were really  into the series when it 1st came out and generated  a lot of views.  Add Sayori's cute art, Compile Heart  style moving sprites , and the dirt cheap price, Nekopara attracted  a  lot of anime watchers who normally wouldn't bother with VN.  It is a mindless cute cat girls doing cute things series. The  kickstarter for a OVA episode of  the series made over 960k just to give you an idea  of just how popular the series is.