Author Topic: FFXV MULTIPLAYER MODE!!!!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
FFXV MULTIPLAYER MODE!!!!
« on: October 28, 2016, 08:30:01 AM »
Not sure how I really feel about this, but I think it at least deserves its own topic in the multiplayer section. Thoughts, opinions, jokes? Please do share.

Also, strongly hope bro mode can be initiated in multiplayer (fist bumps after excessively cool combos).

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: FFXV MULTIPLAYER MODE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 11:32:08 AM »
Uh.... what?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »
Ok, first of all: this could be the coolest thing ever in a Final Fantasy game.  Potentially.

Second of all: does this mean we could play as the other party members even in single player?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Podcast Momma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 03:26:41 PM »
Single player in the main game will be Noctis only. The character DLC will be episodic in nature (no idea yet when they take place relative to the main story or how you access them), so you'll presumably only be able to play as a character when doing their respective DLC (i.e. you play as Prompto in the Prompto episode, Ignis in the Ignis episode, and so on...). Kotaku kind of worded that badly.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »
I hate MMO's and freemium games with a burning fiery passion so hot that it makes a supernova look positively frigid.  I'll definitely be taking a pass at this game.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
I generally dislike MMO's, but I've been really aching for more of Eos, so I'm actually pretty excited for this.  Participating in the beta might make me feel like buying the season pass was worthwhile after all.

Also, I'd love for this to have local multiplayer so I could play with my wife, but I figure that's a pipe dream.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
Ok so the "content" of this just strikes me as...

Like, what? It looks like they're going to Russia to find Yuri's lost brother, only to be delayed by dinosaurs.

I mean I know those are behemoths but this seriously looks like it was cooked up in 30 seconds, with the hopes that would people just mindlessly galivate on the fact that it's "Multiplayer" and "single player Final Fantasy" in the same breadth.

That was also my Aeolus impression.

Anyway, pass, Final Fantasy already has all the multiplayer it needs in the little known gem known as Final Fantasy XIV (that I know RPGFan is well aware of at any rate..)
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 12:20:05 PM »
I played a little bit of the beta, and I think the final thing should be a pretty fun time.  I like the way they've slightly differentiated the way your character plays from how Noctis does, and it's about time the game got some tie-ins to Kingsglaive.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »
That was also my Aeolus impression.

Anyway, pass

Your impression is getting pretty good.  The only flaw is that Aeolus still plays RPGs.