Author Topic: Heroes of the Storm Thread

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of the Storm Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 12:57:54 AM »
Oh yeah this thread..

Yeah I haven't playing as much recently, honestly the biggest thing was when they killed Tyrande suddenly and for no reason some patches ago.

That said I still play new characters... er... mostly.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »
Actually gave this game another shot recently, and found some characters I like. It's mostly been smooth sailing now, though I'm mostly sticking to co-op vs. AI for now.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
Yeah it's fine to play for awhile but IMO once you have tried all the characters the only thing left is the hyper repetitive MOBA style gameplay which I don't care for...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 08:51:01 PM »
Yeah it's fine to play for awhile but IMO once you have tried all the characters the only thing left is the hyper repetitive MOBA style gameplay which I don't care for...

Pretty much the gist of every online multiplayer game. We aren't talking about an MMO here, the gameplay loop's the main attraction. With that said, I like it so far. Very fast-paced, compared to League of Legends, at least, but the community's much more chill in comparison. Seriously, I heard League's community was bad, but even on co-op vs. AI I'm getting grief. :/ That entire mode is just there to practice. You kind of have to expect that the people you're playing with might still be learning the ropes...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »

Pretty much the gist of every online multiplayer game. We aren't talking about an MMO here, the gameplay loop's the main attraction. With that said, I like it so far. Very fast-paced, compared to League of Legends, at least, but the community's much more chill in comparison. Seriously, I heard League's community was bad, but even on co-op vs. AI I'm getting grief. :/ That entire mode is just there to practice. You kind of have to expect that the people you're playing with might still be learning the ropes...

Yeah people are often really mean in MOBAs and HOTS is no exception really even when they aren't as mean as everywhere else.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 11:14:22 AM »
The problem is MOBA matches last way too long. If you feel like you're stuck on a bad team in something like Overwatch, it's only for 5-10 minutes tops, but MOBA matches can go on for over 20 minutes, and that's a lot of time to feel like you wasted because you feel your teammates aren't pulling their weight.

Not saying I think it's right how toxic those communities are, just saying I can follow where that toxicity stems from.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 11:20:14 AM »
The problem is MOBA matches last way too long. If you feel like you're stuck on a bad team in something like Overwatch, it's only for 5-10 minutes tops, but MOBA matches can go on for over 20 minutes, and that's a lot of time to feel like you wasted because you feel your teammates aren't pulling their weight.

Not saying I think it's right how toxic those communities are, just saying I can follow where that toxicity stems from.

I thought Overwatch was really toxic though also... idk.. it seems like just whenever people aren't winning they're complaining sorta.