Author Topic: Veteran Game Designer and Scenario Writer Hidenori Shibao Passes Away

Legaia

• View Profile
This is very sad news. He was active on Twitter and IG (@baoh) and was a real interesting guy all around. I will have to pick up Paladin's Quest again and give it another round. Anyone here play one or all of the games he worked on?

Hidenori Shibao, the writer and director for Paladinís Quest has passed away at 56 years old this week. He is also credited for the original concept for Legend of Legaia on PlayStation.

Shibao died from illness, with the news spreading on Monday. Apart from Paladinís Quest, he also wrote the sequel, Lennus II: Fuuin no Shito. He will be missed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/05/paladins-quest-legend-legaia-writer-game-designer-hidenori-shibao-passed-away/#sVyKW5tpMf3rwJ3s.99

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/veteran_game_designer_hidenori_shibao_passes_away

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Veteran Game Designer and Scenario Writer Hidenori Shibao Passes Away
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »
Sad :(
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:42:00 AM »
I was wondering if anyone was going to post about this on here.

Sadly, I haven't actually played any of the games he worked on, but I did check out a Legaia LP for awhile (until it too died). Doesn't help that you can't legitimately play Lennus II outside of Japan while the other two games are hard as hell to find.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:20:26 PM »
If you want, please enjoy my Paladin's Quest feature in honor of his work. A real weird guy, I mourn his passing.