Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334843 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Hotel Dusk: Room 215
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hotel Dusk: Room 215  (Read 2596 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:18:08 AM »

GameRankings list of reviews.

I know a few of us here are interested/planning to get this game. Reviews are pretty good, and the reviewer at 1up who gave Trace Memory a 6.5 and Touch Detective a 5.5 also reviewed this and gave it an 8.

The style interests me, and reading some of the tidbits raises my interest more. I'll see about getting it this week, or at least the weekend.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:36:15 AM »

Well, the presentation is pretty interesting, not often you get a game that has you playing the DS sideways.

I've heard about it, but here in asia, it seems the players prefer Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright), well.. if the sales at a local store are to be believed. :/
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »

I'll be getting it as soon as one of the stores around here gets it in.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »

My preorder should be in this afternoon.  However, I have work then class till 7:30 so I'll have to get it before the store closes.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon seeing how it wasn't even in the computers at Gamestop.  I'm working my way through PWAA:JFA right now and plan to finish it before touching Hotel Dusk.  I'm so excited and pleased that the DS is supporting adventure games.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:08:22 PM »

I preordered this a couple days ago after reading the review in EGM and watching a couple of the IGN videos. This game looks quite awesome.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 08:53:07 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
My preorder should be in this afternoon.  However, I have work then class till 7:30 so I'll have to get it before the store closes.

Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow night after class.  I wanted to go to the store tonight and get it, but I got locked out of my apartment and by the time housing came to let me back in, the store was closed.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 07:14:52 PM »

Ordered at buy.com after hearing about how much you'd save with Google Checkout. Spent 24 something, and that was with tax so anyone outside of CA would pay something like 22 or 21 instead... Assuming, of course, you didn't have a Google Checkout account prior, as this is a 10 dollars off sign up bonus.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:54:44 AM »

How long is this game supposed to be? Is just another adventure game that plays through once and it's over?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 09:41:49 AM »

Well, I got my copy last night, but haven't had time to play it yet.  I'll post initial impressions when I do.

Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »

supposed to be around 13 hours long, has multiple endings, so I hear..

Also conversation choices change based on which questions you asked first. I.E. If you misstep and ask the wrong question, the person you're talking to might be disinclined to give you anything else useful.

It seems like it would definitely help make this a replayable experience

not that far into it myself, still in Chapter 1, but I'm quite impressed with it thus far.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »

I've only played about a half hour into it, because I JUST got it and don't have enough time to play more tonight, but so far it's amazing. Everything about it so far seems unique, especially the various control schemes.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 07:33:53 AM »

I only got to play about 45 minutes or so last night and so far the game is terrific.  I like that there's a greater emphasis on saying the right things to people to get information over twiddly, illogical puzzles.  

The pencil drawings of characters look so much better in motion than in still shots.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »

I am digging this, a LOT.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »

Getting this Tuesday. I was a bit pissed at first when I saw UPS was taking 3 days to ship from a place that was just an hour away... Then they showed where they were shipping from. Turns out it's shipping from a warehouse in Dallas, and not from some place outside of LA. Whoops. :P
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: