Author Topic: Reccommend me some PS4 games!

WeinCruz

• View Profile
Re: Reccommend me some PS4 games!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »
If you would be interested in shooter/RPG hybrids, I believe there's Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Destiny: The Collection.
Yeah, I never played any of the Borderlands games on PS3, so I'm definitely gonna give this a try, though I don't know if many people play them online anymore.  And I forgot to put Destiny on the list. Glad it has a comprehensive version already.
Skip Star Ocean. As a fan of the series, it's fucking terrible.
Yeah, pretty disappointed in the scores it received, but I think I'll give it a go, anyway.  Star Ocean is probably my favorite RPG series (next to Tales), so I kinda feel obligated.
Favorite PS4 games I've played:
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Dishonored 2
The Last of Us
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection (Mostly for Uncharted 2)
Uncharted 4
Salt and Sanctuary
I Am Setsuna
Rogue Legacy
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
I played the first three Uncharteds, and loved all of them so Uncharted 4's a definite buy.  Gonna grab the Dishonereds, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne while I'm at it.

As for PS3 games, I still need to get Tales of Xillia 2, Disgaea D2, Infamous: Second Son, Bioshock Infinite, and every Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood, as well as all the Atelier and Prince of Persia games for the console, so yeah, lots of catching up to do...

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »
Infamous: Second Son is PS4.

Also, if you've played both 1, 2, and Brotherhood, I honestly don't recommend playing much of the AssCreed games beyond those, except maybe AC4, but honestly, that game felt held back by the formula than anything else. They became too samey, too quickly, and especially in 4, it felt like the Future Story bits were quickly becoming massive jabs at their own upper-management at Ubisoft. To the point where it felt more like a cry for help.

Honestly, I'm finding this with myself: Don't worry too much about the sequels in series that produce a new game every year. Maybe Tales would be an exception (I'm still mulling that one over), but everything else, it's like...you could easily get by with only a handful of them, no matter what they try to tell ya.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:07:35 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »
Third...well, you're just a mean doodie head!

This comment surprised me and I snorted when I laughed.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 06:32:30 AM »
If you're still after PS3 games, have you played Trails of Cold Steel yet?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 07:56:16 AM »
Do not skip this. As a fan of the series, it's fucking terrific.

TASTY!

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »
I fully recommend Trails of Cold Steel as well. Fantastic game and the sequel Trails of Cold Steel II is probably my game of the year in 2016.

WeinCruz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
I fully recommend Trails of Cold Steel as well. Fantastic game and the sequel Trails of Cold Steel II is probably my game of the year in 2016.
Haven't heard much about the Trails of the Sky games up 'till now.  What order should I play them in if I want to tackle the whole series?

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »
Haven't heard much about the Trails of the Sky games up 'till now.  What order should I play them in if I want to tackle the whole series?

You mean playing the Legend of Heroes series in order? That's easy: Don't! Unless you mean specifically the Trails portion. In which case: You couldn't play the whole series if you wanted to, unless you know japanese, and have a hefty import budget! Otherwise, just stick to the numbered order of each sub-series, and don't worry about their overall placement in the series, because you'll probably never get to enjoy the full bredth of the story regardless!

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2016, 08:15:19 AM »
You can start with either Trails in the Sky 1 or Trails of Cold Steel 1. Sky is the start of the series, but Cold Steel is fairly self-contained. You'll recognize some names and gain some additional insight if you've played Sky first, but it's not mandatory. They're both excellent games.

WeinCruz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »
You can start with either Trails in the Sky 1 or Trails of Cold Steel 1. Sky is the start of the series, but Cold Steel is fairly self-contained. You'll recognize some names and gain some additional insight if you've played Sky first, but it's not mandatory. They're both excellent games.
I'll probably start with Trails of the Sky in that case.  I was planning to get a PSP after a PS4 and do some catching up on that console as well next year.  Might start another recommendation topic, even though I already have a good idea of everything I want on it *cough*Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time*cough*.  Just hadn't heard much about the Legend of Heroes games until now.

Rgeneb1

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
Probably the most fun I've had out of my PS4 this year has been Digimon: Cyber Sleuth. Its great as a jrpg that you can pick up and put down for a few days if need be. I bought this as an impulse after a bunch of positive comments kept coming up on these boards and it surprised me just how good it was. Doesn't hurt that its on sale on the ps store every other week too :)

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor  is also good is you feel like crashing through about a thousand orcs at a time.

Have to admit i'm still too busy working through my PS3 RPG backlog to justify investing in too many PS4 games.

WeinCruz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »
Well, the good news is I finally got my PS4 (with Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4), but the bad news is my current TV is too old and sh*tty to handle it. =x  Can anyone recommend a quality 42'' Smart TV within the $200-$300 range?  I'll try to save for it in the coming weeks. x_x

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »
Well, the good news is I finally got my PS4 (with Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4), but the bad news is my current TV is too old and sh*tty to handle it. =x  Can anyone recommend a quality 42'' Smart TV within the $200-$300 range?  I'll try to save for it in the coming weeks. x_x

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00WR294AQ/ref=twister_B010O0CBHU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Samsung 43" or 40" Refurbished Smart TVs between 250-350. I got a 48" refurbished from Amazon and have had zero problems with it.

You can usually find the non big name brands in stores for in that price range if you want brand new.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 10:24:58 PM »
Just curious, but why does it have to be smart?  Especially if you're hooking a PS4 up to it...doesn't the PS4 kind of already do the stuff smart TVs do?

WeinCruz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »
Got my TV for Christmas as a gift, so I was able to get my PS4 profile set up.  My ID is WeinCruz85 if you guys want to add me.  Haven't done much playing yet, however, but I plan on playing through a good chunk of FFXV later this week.