Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 03:56:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338641 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Mega Man Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X  (Read 950 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2007, 04:01:12 AM »

Sparked by my recent interest in the Mega Man series, anyone ever bother playing these for PSP?

I want to buy these soon, moreso Powered Up. You can create your own levels, and there are two new hidden robot masters. I read a 2005 Inafune interview, about these two games, and he was saying that the Mega Man Powered Up look is the true, intended design that he wanted for the original on NES, but with hardware constraints, that didn't happen, so he went with the sprites. This is the interview if you're interested in reading it. It was a good read. Inafune sounded passionate, while talking about the PSP games, I just wish he had chose the Nintendo DS as the platform to make those on.

As a side note, I'm still hoping we'll see a Mega Man 9 on the DS. That would seem to be the most appropiate platform in the current climate of things. But like Inafune had stated in that interview I linked to, it all depends on the demand for it, the fans are what matter.

Edit: And Maverick Hunter X looks nice. Not as thrilled about it as I am about Powered Up. It certainly jumps at you in a different perspective when watching it in action.
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »

Wow. No one replied to this?

Well, my first Mega Man game was MMX and to this day its still my favorite of the X series. That being said I haven't played many of the older games and though I've tried a few of them I just can't get into the old restrictions... not being able to dash, duck or wall jump. I'm not too interested in Powered Up for those reasons.

Maverick Hunter on the other hand excites me, but since I don't have a PSP I won't be playing it any time soon. Haha... maybe I should buy one. I haven't owned a handheld since my Gameboy Color.

The graphics still look clunky though. Anyone know what the technical limits are on the PSP? I'm wondering if they could have done better.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »

It has less to do with the system's technical limitations, but rather the financial constraints of the project. PlayStation Portable is very well capable of PlayStation 2-like graphics. However, those graphics come at the price of a PlayStation 2 game, which is considerably higher than the development costs of a GBA or a DS Game. Just take a look at the upcoming Monster Hunter Portable 2 for instance. Capcom already has about 500,000 pre-orders for that game one month before its release in Japan. So it made sense for them to invest a lot of time and money there. If you expect to sell only a very limited number of copies, odds are you are not going to invest a lot of money.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: