Author Topic: What's your favorite food/drink, period?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: What's your favorite food/drink, period?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 06:38:20 AM »
I don't know about favorite food (probably some kind of chicken dish), but favorite drink is whole milk no question. I basically drink three gallons of the stuff a week.

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »
Some whole in the wall, "real deal" spicy as hell Indian curry.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 06:35:33 PM »
My absolute favorite food hands-down is peanut butter.  Creamy, of course.  Chunky peanut butter gets stuck in my teeth and does not spread or blend well with anything. 

And since I'm a vegetarian, I'll say that my absolute favorite vegetable is spinach. 

I eat spinach and peanut butter every day. 

My favorite indulgence food is "popper mac."  Basically it's baked mac 'n cheese with sliced jalapenos and a crunchy breadcrumb topping.  Pasta with loads of vegetables and cheese makes me a happy Dincrest.  And I mentioned in the "garbage food" thread that my choice for "best garbage food" is jalapeno poppers, whether with cream cheese or cheddar.

The only beverages I drink these days are water, milk, coffee, and tea.  I only have one cup of coffee or tea a day, so I want the good stuff.  I prefer coffee over tea.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:17:22 AM by Dincrest »
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:25 PM »
I don't know about favorite food (probably some kind of chicken dish), but favorite drink is whole milk no question. I basically drink three gallons of the stuff a week.

I get about a gallon a week. do you ever the get the super fancy glass jar kind or just regular cartons.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »
I find it interesting that so many people like milk.  The last time I choked down a glass of (cow's) milk was something like 17 years ago, at a friend's house, to be polite.  The last time I remember enjoying milk, I was single-digits in age.  I do buy coconut milk and tend to use it as a substitute whenever I can though.  I made awesome coconut milk based hot chocolate a few days ago.   Oddly, my disgust over milk doesn't stop me from eating cheese, butter, yogurt or ice cream (although I still kinda have to not think about it when I'm eating them or I get the yips).

I don't really know if I have a hands-down favorite dish, but I have several favorite ingredients that usually become something I'll enjoy:  Eggs, Salmon, Chicken, Tofu, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Onions and Spinach.

My favorite thing to drink is margaritas, but from a practical standpoint I'm more frequently drinking coffee.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 09:50:52 AM »
I gave up cow's milk years ago and was shocked to find that, when I was offered it at a friend's house, I really did not enjoy it anymore.

Cookies & Milk, however (long my preferred dessert), has never been the same.  I don't drink soymilk.  Coconut milk tastes like garbage (which is weird: milk = good, coconut = great, coconut milk = nasty crap).  And Rice Milk (awesome for cereal) is too thin and sweet.

I tried Hazlenut milk for a while with cookies, and it was passable, but expensive, and eventually I just gave up.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:53 AM »
I can't drink plain milk by itself (unless it's Dean's or Oberweis chocolate milk - whole other level of deliciousness), but I'll put it in a bowl of cereal, no problem. My wife was on a rice/almond milk kick for a few years. So gross. =P

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 10:15:08 AM »
I like milk with oreos. I can have a small glass of milk and demolish a whole package of oreos in one sitting, then drink an entire half gallon of milk afterwards. It's why I don't often buy oreos and milk anymore...pretty sure that's how you cause diabetes. Otherwise milk is alright, not my go to drink unless I eat something really sweet and even then it has to be chocolatey to make me want milk, though with strawberry syrup I can drink milk forever.

My favorite food of all time is difficult to say, I'm pretty picky about eating and that generally ends up with me eating the same thing very often which leads to me growing to dislike it somewhat. For a while it was General Tso's Chicken, and I still love the stuff from almost any chinese restaurant, but I ate it almost exclusively whenever I would get chinese food and now I'm bored of it. I really like roasted turkey, but that could be because I eat it once a year maybe? Grilled hot dogs are astounding, I can eat them all day UNLESS something else is being grilled in which case I will generally go for that...I think I'd have to go with a grilled steak, specifically a good skirt steak or T-bone. Salt, lots of pepper, and a little squirt of lime before grilling, and I'm pretty much a happy camper. Drink is easy, Arizone brand Arnold Palmer half-n-half iced tea lemonade. Astounding beverage, love it to death.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 11:51:59 AM »
coconut milk is great (sweetened for drinking/dunking, unsweetened for cooking).

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 07:13:37 AM »

I get about a gallon a week. do you ever the get the super fancy glass jar kind or just regular cartons.
Just regular plastic gallons. I don't think where I get my groceries even carries the fancy kind.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 07:19:48 AM »
I'm a milk drinker here too.  Dairy is a staple protein in the Indian diet and is the big reason why cows are sacred animals.  I also love the Desi Natural Dahi yogurt I get at Indian grocery stores, because not only is it delicious, but it's gelatin free.  I'm also piggy over paneer.  It's delicious and rennet-free.  Matar paneer and saag paneer are two of my favorite dishes. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:24:21 AM by Dincrest »
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 11:27:14 PM »
Any local joints you guys want to single out? You know, like I really like the X from Y...

Because I really like the Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwiches from Subway, pretty much the only thing I get there, but pretty tasty.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »
Any local joints you guys want to single out? You know, like I really like the X from Y...

Because I really like the Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwiches from Subway, pretty much the only thing I get there, but pretty tasty.
Only thing I get from subway anymote is their rotisserie chicken on flatbread with spinach, onions, mozzarella and bbq sauce. It's not bad.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »
ranch is unedible

I'd rather eat paper

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »
ranch is unedible

I'd rather eat paper
I concur, I do not care for the taste of ranch flavor.

TASTY!