Author Topic: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 11:31:03 PM »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 11:52:18 PM »
Lucky!!

I beat TitS SC tonight. x)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 02:34:58 PM »
Lucky!!

I beat TitS SC tonight. x)
Goddamnit my game queue is about to hit serious levels this year. Still need to play tits 2 and cold steel 2, ARRRRGGGHHHHJ

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 05:17:11 PM »
^ At least we're together in that boat, D.

Although I haven't even played Cold Steel 1 yet. 

(please don't kick me out of the boat, the water is so very cold)
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 05:51:22 PM »
^ At least we're together in that boat, D.

Although I haven't even played Cold Steel 1 yet. 

(please don't kick me out of the boat, the water is so very cold)
Cold Steel is very basic rpg fare, but it does it well. You'd enjoy it I think. Now sit back down before you flip the damn boat!

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 09:39:04 AM »
Oh, you don't need to sell me on Cold Steel.  It's one of my most anticipated RPGs.  But... I have rules, and I can't just start/stop games willy-nilly according to my whims, you see.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 01:32:53 PM »
Oh, you don't need to sell me on Cold Steel.  It's one of my most anticipated RPGs.  But... I have rules, and I can't just start/stop games willy-nilly according to my whims, you see.

I wish I was like this! I'm in the middle of about 10 games currently. TitS SC is one of the games I'm in the middle of. D:

Cold Steel is wonderful and Cold Steel II is my game of the year with nothing really coming close.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 09:43:32 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/28/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-translation-complete/

Praise Adidos! The TitS are back in town.

...Wait, when did they even announce that this was happening? At all? I thought they specifically said that pigs would fly before they translated the third game in the series? Should I cancel my next flight to the mid-west in case it goes over a pig farm?

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 01:04:05 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/28/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-translation-complete/

Praise Adidos! The TitS are back in town.

...Wait, when did they even announce that this was happening? At all? I thought they specifically said that pigs would fly before they translated the third game in the series? Should I cancel my next flight to the mid-west in case it goes over a pig farm?

They mentioned a while back that they were going to try and do it.  I can't remember it actually being totally confirmed that it was happening, though.  But I guess it is.

Obviously it's PC-only, though.  Not even Xseed is going to try and release a PSP game this late...

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 01:34:44 AM »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »
So what do I need to know about the costume DLC before I dive into Cold Steel?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
So what do I need to know about the costume DLC before I dive into Cold Steel?
I feel like that is a weird question, but here is everything I can think of. The costumes DLCs for both games are not obtainable in either game. They provide no stat bonuses and just cosmetic. In game the only costumes you really acquire are the winter and summer uniforms unless you do a NG+ (and due to how CS structures its NG+ you probably wouldn't want to grab the NG+ costumes until a second or third NG+) with two minor exceptions that I can think of. Something to note is that if you buy any costumes for CS1, you can use them in CS2 as well (with one exception that I cannot explain because...reasons, and don't ask about those reasons). However a lot of people tend to prefer the CS2 DLC costumes for most chars, so that is something to consider as well.

Oh and there are some minor spoilers in terms of who has costumes. So if you look at the full costume list for CS1 you will get some minor spoilers regarding who joins your party. And just don't look at the full costume list of CS2 until you beat CS1. I can't explain why, just trust me. >.>

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Thanks, Rana-chan.  Is that what we're calling you now?

Anyways, I'm asking because I don't want to spend $14 on the whole Costume DLC Pack if they're, like... I don't know, not usable for a long time, or look like garbage, or turn the female characters into strippers or anything like that.

The fact that they're usable in CSII is good.  So I'm assuming, then, that the CSII costumes are.... probably not usable in CSI, then?  Dubious, but it is xSeed.  They might could pull off something like that.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
Thanks, Rana-chan.  Is that what we're calling you now?

Anyways, I'm asking because I don't want to spend $14 on the whole Costume DLC Pack if they're, like... I don't know, not usable for a long time, or look like garbage, or turn the female characters into strippers or anything like that.

The fact that they're usable in CSII is good.  So I'm assuming, then, that the CSII costumes are.... probably not usable in CSI, then?  Dubious, but it is xSeed.  They might could pull off something like that.
If you are going to shorten my name, I'd go with Ran-chan.

For usability, they are usable as soon as you recruit the character. Actually I guess "technically" that isn't 100% true. When you get the DLC, what you are given is an item in the key items section of your items. When you use that item it gives you the corresponding costume (done this way for NG+ purposes I think). So then you can equip the costume you get from using the key item as soon as you get the character in your party (and they will keep the costume even when they leave your party for a period of time, which can result in humorous results for one or two chars).

None of the costumes turn the females into strippers. As for garbage...depends on your tastes? I think I kept all of my characters but 2 in their DLC outfits throughout all my runs of CS1. Then in CS2, I think I still kept a few of them in their CS1 DLC outfits (although a majority changed to their CS2 DLC outfits as I recall). However I know there are some people who do not like the CS1 DLC outfits at all.

CS2 DLC is not usable in CS1. Which is a shame because if I were ever insane enough to play through both games AGAIN (that would be playthrough 4?), I would probably love to use some of the CS2 DLC costumes in CS1.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
So, I can switch costumes back and forth as often as I like?

Also, how many costumes are in the game?  Just default and paid DLC?