Author Topic: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 03:16:50 PM »
I never knew people cared so much about costumes.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »
LOL, it's just me.  I love them.  Why else would I pay $14 extra for them (besides to support xSeed and the JRPG genre)?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »
DLC costumes (especially non-functional ones) are a straight rip off. It's amazing what people would rather have than money. =D

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 04:36:01 PM »
I'd rather have those costumes than a dinner-for-one at Applebee's.  I enjoy RPGs with costumes more than RPGs without them.

Not a lot more, of course.  But a little.  Plus, I like supporting the publishers of good games.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 05:54:28 PM »
I'd rather have those costumes than a dinner-for-one at Applebee's.

Hey, that's actually how I justify unnecessary purchases, too. Comparing it to spending similar money on something you're going to poop or pee out hours later. ;)

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 08:40:22 PM »
So, I can switch costumes back and forth as often as I like?

Also, how many costumes are in the game?  Just default and paid DLC?
Depends on the character? Every character has a winter uniform (their default) and a summer outfit (basically lose the jacket and maybe a few tweaks). Two characters have...one other costume. These are all the costumes you get in your first playthrough without DLC.

In NG+, you get 5 points for every time you beat the game which can be used to buy various options for your NG+. Among these options are several which give you costumes. You probably wouldn't normally choose them on your first NG+ because you need 5 points to get all the mechanical carry over options. As I recall the three costume options are swimsuit, school festival, and various others (grab bag for a bunch of minor costumes from cutscenes like a couple of chars get PJs, one girl gets her lacrosse uniform, and a couple other random things)

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 09:00:53 PM »
I love playing dress-up with my little waifus and heroes, but not enough to pay actual money. Tales of Graces PS3 already burned me on that. Not happening again. XD

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »
Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I can't talk about "wasting" money on cosmetics, having bought the $50 costume season pass alongside the $50 song season pass when Project Diva 2nd came out over here. Totally worth it, too, in my opinion.

There is a limit, though. For instance, at this point anyone who has bought all the DLC costumes for Dead or Alive 5 (or all 7 season passes) needs to put someone else in charge of their money.

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2017, 10:27:32 PM »
Would be more interested in this if we would see this anytime soon :-/ .  If we saw this before late 2018, I would be shocked.  Would be nice if we got the crossbell arc in the meantime so we don't forget everything that's going on in Zemuria.

New battle UI and screens look slick though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:31:50 PM by Akanbe- »

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

danholo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 04:57:50 AM »
WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS?!?! Game screens look awesome. I hope Rean and Co. are in the game in at least some capacity. Is that Rean in the trench coat? Must be:

ToCS2 kind of ends on a cliff hanger (i.e., there's a lot introduced that doesn't get explored more) although that part of the story is pretty much finished. Trails in the Sky the 3rd supposedly takes a different take on the story, so this might take the same route with the story?

I love Trails of Cold Steel because it's like any manga/anime whose world just expands and the core story gets more depth with every installment. I wouldn't mind if ToCS3 was not the last one. They could also do more mash ups with the other series Sky and Azure/Zero.

edit: It seems that this is the case!!!

Where does the story of Trails of Cold Steel III start from?

“It starts a year and a half after the end of Trails of Cold Steel II. The members of Class VII, including the protagonist Rean, have graduated from the military academy and are each walking their own path. While the situation where Rean is being used by Osborne in Trails of Cold Steel II continues, he takes a new step at the beginning of Trails of Cold Steel III.

“This time, we’ll depict the western side of the empire, and you can also go to Byronia Island where there is a giant god statue similar to the one in Nord.

“The Trails in the Sky characters from Liberl Kingdom will appear again and join the party, and you’ll link up with a certain person from Trails in the Zero. The mystery of Rean’s birth will also be revealed in this game.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-set-year-half-trails-cold-steel-ii#x3i4HjpKCJYPLIIe.99

I never knew people cared so much about costumes.

I don't get it either but for each their own.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:31:23 AM by danholo »
d.h.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
I bought the Mega DLC bundle for Cold Steel II because I want to give XSEED and Falcom all of my money apparently. D:

danholo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 07:44:35 AM »
Does Falcom get any of the revenue from that? I guess XSeed gets a distribution cut and Falcom get's the rest? I would like pure Falcom but gotta be thankful.
d.h.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2017, 09:28:58 PM »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
As someone who has never played CS and is just now getting to the climax of Trails SC, should I click that link, @Aeolus ?

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »
As someone who has never played CS and is just now getting to the climax of Trails SC, should I click that link, @Aeolus ?

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK