Author Topic: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
Uh... did you just ignore the sidequests, mostly, @ScottC ?
I put like 110 hours into SC.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
Nope those were 100% runs I did everything in all 3 games.  I had full BP in both 1 and 2 with all the books and optional scenes and did all doors and bosses in 3.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:10:48 PM by ScottC »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2017, 02:56:41 PM »
Good heavens.  Did you follow a walkthrough?  Or do I seriously read that slowly?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »
Here is a screenshot at the end of each game.  I only looked up what was missable/hidden everything else I did by myself.  3 is super straightforward though u can't miss anything.

Trails 1
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927117935

Trails 2
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927118815

Trails 3
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927120164

And for the record I beat every fight as well in all 3 games including the two against you know who in FC and SC.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:15:24 PM by ScottC »

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »

That's how long it should take anyone going for full runs of the games to complete them, assuming you read pretty fast.

Yeah, no offense, but don't go assuming things. I read pretty fast, and it still took me over 60 hours to beat Trails 1 and over 120 to beat Trails 2, and I didn't putz around or anything either.  Though I guess my 'pretty fast' is your 'slow as molasses', from the look of things.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »

That's how long it should take anyone going for full runs of the games to complete them, assuming you read pretty fast.

Yeah, no offense, but don't go assuming things. I read pretty fast, and it still took me over 60 hours to beat Trails 1 and over 120 to beat Trails 2, and I didn't putz around or anything either.  Though I guess my 'pretty fast' is your 'slow as molasses', from the look of things.

Ok, whew, it's not just me...  -_-

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »

Ok, whew, it's not just me...  -_-

Don't hate. Scott's just a standard settin' mutha. We should all aspire.

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »

None taken.  I guess I just do things fast.  I just felt like the games weren't as long as everyone said they were.  I was warned like by everyone that they were super long.  In fact the SC time would have been faster if I didn't backtrack a ton in the final dungeon to match characters to bosses for dialogue reasons or try to get the Anton Steam achievement which is a huge waste of time but worth it casue its fun to wtch him get rejected over and over again.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:44:56 PM by ScottC »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »
I'm still stuck on the fact that even WITH those times you'd have to have an average of 10 hours free time per day to play which makes me incredibly jealous.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »
I'm still stuck on the fact that even WITH those times you'd have to have an average of 10 hours free time per day to play which makes me incredibly jealous.

I'll second your jealousy.  The mind reels.

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:35 PM »
Don't be, I quit my very well paying job in April due to issues with my terrible boss and working 6 days and over 50 hours a week .  I am just doing part-time work right now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:21:21 PM by ScottC »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
To be fair, ScottC is an RPG review editor. I'm still amazed anybody could play/read that fast, but it's not like he hasn't had plenty of practice. =P

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »
Eh I had nothing else to play and trying to get through backlog games before Stormblood next month.

So I went through my in game time stamps for each game to see how long each took.  The first two are 100% full BP runs and the third is 100% all doors and all bosses.

Trails 1 - 39 hours
Trails 2 -  57.5 hour
Trails 3 -  41.5 hours

That's how long it should take anyone going for full runs of the games to complete them, assuming you read pretty fast.  That's really not as super long as I think a lot of people make them out to be.  In fact, if you skipped a lot of the optional stuff, played on normal or easy difficulty, and played only for main story they would be significantly shorter.
I don't have quick access to my time for FC, but those don't look that far off from my Steam times which are:
SC- 66 hours
Third- 41

I can't remember if I made it a point to talk to every NPC in SC though.

Still leaves the question of how you did that many hours in one week...

Don't be, I quit my very well paying job in April due to issues with my terrible boss and working 6 days and over 50 hours a week .  I am just doing part-time work right now.
Okay your story checks out.