Author Topic: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
I read that they got a few of the localizers from XSeed working on this? Is that true?

Perhaps, at least until they stop paying them, shove them in a box deep in the bowels of NISA headquarters, and feed them only one slice of moldy beweeviled bread, and some dirty water that was probably used to swab the deck and rung out of the mop, once every two days one 'all-beef' hotdog + a dab of the cheapest ketchup, mustard and relish known to man, and a single snack sized bag of chips (bottled water must be purchased from the company's vending machine for a buck fifty and no other source of on-site portable liquids), until they die, escape or the game leaves development hell and ships (plus the time needed for consumers to find all the bugs, to report them to NISA, for NISA project mangers to throw said report away, for their mangers to tell their 'staff' to simply 'fix it', and to release whatever patch comes from all of that which will only work on the PS4 version; the PC version will simply remain a Gordian Knot of programming, bugs, untranslated gobbledygook, 'Big Holes', and broken events until the end of time).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2019, 01:31:17 AM »
^They aren't making a PC port this time, going by the announcement. At least, I hope they don't bother with a PC port, they really haven't done a good job with them so far, last I checked.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »
So turns out the localization producer for Cold Steel III is Brittany Avery who has worked on the franchise ever since Trails in the Sky FC. They've also got Ryan Thomson and Kris Knigge, both of whom worked on Cold Steel I and II. Apparently the stream that revealed all this went from dismay and despair to cheers and ecasty in an instant. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
I do remember her leaving XSeed some months back. Reassuring to know that she's part of this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:54:58 AM by Nel_Annette »

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2019, 10:40:06 AM »
NIS supposedly has the contact to publish Falcom games here in the west so yea it was always going to be them. My theory (guess) to have what went on was CS3 was supposedly going to be released this spring (I mean why wouldn't it, its been out in Jpn for almost 18 months now). Then Ys8's turd translation dropped, Falcom was none too happy, saw the ongoing translation they were doing for CS3 and forced NIS to get their act together and start from scratch. And w/o a game to release in spring 2019 they announced a CS1-2 re-release.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
@Rook sounds legit. Though, I always intended to get the console versions of Cold Steel 1 & 2. Now I don't have to get the last-gen versions, at least, and (hopefully) a decent translation of Cold Steel 3 on the same console.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2019, 05:46:30 AM »
Personally, I think it's likely that NIS America has been working on this for awhile now.  Also, there may indeed be a point to the speculation that the game was going to come out this spring considering the disaster that was Ys VIII.  Also, considering how dense the narrative of the Trails games are, diverting resources to fix the Ys VIII localization probably delayed both this game's release and announcement.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2019, 08:22:20 AM »
New info about the Trails series among other things. The gist is that they've decided to divy up the main Trails team into two, having one team work on the next big project while another makes something smaller to tide the fans over. Might be another Crossbell/Erebonia dealie with one set of games taking place in a smaller country and another in a much larger one while taking place at the same time. Still don't know much more than that.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/falcom-president-trails-team-divided-into-two-more-ps4-ports-being-considered-ys-ix-uses-motion-capture-and-more

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »
Would be nice if they could "tide the fans over" with Crossbell in English, perhaps?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2019, 12:29:30 PM »
Would be nice if they could "tide the fans over" with Crossbell in English, perhaps?

Let's wait on CS3 before we start making wishes on monkey paws.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

MoonlightRPG

• "Never back down from a challenge!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2019, 01:09:56 PM »
I am so happy CS III is coming out since TC post :D. Played the first Cold Steel and I loved it ( gotta replay 1 and 2 to refresh myself before 3 comes out). *Phew Alisha is on fire* ;).
Heyo! Name's Moonlight! My Channel is centered around JRPG games ( like Persona 5/Ni No Kuni 2, Atelier, Tales of Vesperia etc.) if you enjoy the genre you may enjoy my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/c/MoonlightRPG
https://www.twitch.tv/moonlightrpg