Author Topic: Final Fantasy VIII help

LINK398

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VIII help
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »
As for the card mod ability correct me if im wrong but I think the Guardian Force quetzacotl doesnt have the ability to even learn it until it reaches level 80 something I didnt plan on doing was leveling it more. Its already maybe around level 45 and every skill is learned.

Aside from that every character has the strength junction ability due to the Guardian Force that are equipped with them. What is the Str-XX% ability I havent seen that unless the Guardian Force doomtrain has it and at this point in the game I dont think its even possible to get.

Lastly, this question is from the previous reply. What monsters carry the magic Holy,Flare,Aura,Full Revive,Meteor,Ultima,Pain,Meltdown as those seem to be the most powerful magic in the game. I have them all except not many. I know this question might be difficult to answer because of what im asking basically what monsters can these magic be drawn from and what part of the world map are they. I understand if the response is that basically I should look at a guide for this information but I figured Id try. Thanks for the information so far anyway

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 07:21:52 PM »
GF level doesn't matter for abilities. You learn Card Mod after leaning Card, you go to the GF menu and select the abilities you want your GF to learn next. It's usually one of the first GF abilities I have in the game. You learn GF abilities by gaining AP. I'm guessing you've just ignored that and let GF's follow their set path the entire game. Poor you.

EDIT:  I just re-read and now I'm more confused. It is level 45 and knows all its abilities, but didn't learn Card Mod? Did you feed it lots of scrolls to fill up its ability space or somethin?

The Str+% abilities are learned by Ifrit and Pandemona. The Str+60% is learned by Bahamut. Str Bonus is learned by Ifrit and Cactuar.

I can't be bothered listing locations for your last question, but it's better just to refine items to get them.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:30:20 PM by Starmongoose »

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 07:58:41 PM »
As for the card mod ability correct me if im wrong but I think the Guardian Force quetzacotl doesnt have the ability to even learn it until it reaches level 80 something I didnt plan on doing was leveling it more. Its already maybe around level 45 and every skill is learned.

Aside from that every character has the strength junction ability due to the Guardian Force that are equipped with them. What is the Str-XX% ability I havent seen that unless the Guardian Force doomtrain has it and at this point in the game I dont think its even possible to get.

Lastly, this question is from the previous reply. What monsters carry the magic Holy,Flare,Aura,Full Revive,Meteor,Ultima,Pain,Meltdown as those seem to be the most powerful magic in the game. I have them all except not many. I know this question might be difficult to answer because of what im asking basically what monsters can these magic be drawn from and what part of the world map are they. I understand if the response is that basically I should look at a guide for this information but I figured Id try. Thanks for the information so far anyway

You're wrong. Quezatol can learn Card as soon as you get him, and learning that unlocks Card Mod (chances are that you deleted Card from his list of learnable abilities to make room for Summon Mag +10%, HP-J or something; fortunately the Gambler Spirit item can teach a GF the Card Command).

As for Str+XX%, that's just shorthand for one of the three abilities Str+20%, Str+40% and Str+60%. Every GF in the game (except Doomtrain) naturally learns some kind of similar ability that provides a percentage based boost to one of your character's stats (which is where the majority of your stat increases come from). As for Str+20%/Str+40%/Str+60%, the GFs that learn Str+20% and Str+40% are Ifrit and Pandemona (Pandemona also provides Spd+20% and Spd+40%) and the GF that learns Str+60% is Bahamut (along with Mag+60%). Any other GFs would need to be taught one of those abilities through one of the following items: Strength Love = Str+20%, Power Wrist = Str+40%, Hyper Wrist = Str+60%.

Important Note: You cannot Junction the same ability twice, no matter how many different GFs know that ability. If Squall is already equipped with a Bahamut that's learned Str+60%, you cannot teach Quezatol Str+60%, junction him onto Squall, and have Squall junction Str+60% twice (and honestly, you really don't need to).

As for top tier magic locations, seriously. Island Closest to Heaven and Island Closest to Hell. Even the enemies carry top tier Magic and the Map Draw Points refresh (albeit slowly). You don't need to leave Island Closest to Hell to stock up on all the spells you listed aside from maybe Holy (which is where the Island Closest to Heaven comes in).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

LINK398

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »
Made a small mistake in the post. Every ability is learned except for card.....lol

Didnt originally realize what you meant by the STR-XX% another dumb move on my part

Yes I know of those places on the world map ive trained a little bit on them except the monsters are a level 100 and locked at that level or so ive read. I think I should finish this game already but all the help is appreciated thanks

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
Made a small mistake in the post. Every ability is learned except for card.....lol

Didnt originally realize what you meant by the STR-XX% another dumb move on my part

Yes I know of those places on the world map ive trained a little bit on them except the monsters are a level 100 and locked at that level or so ive read. I think I should finish this game already but all the help is appreciated thanks

That's what Enc-None is for. You seriously do not want to fight anything on those islands because everything has a couple hundred thousand HPs apiece.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.