Author Topic: Completion List 2017

ultra7k

• View Profile
Completion List 2017
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »
Here's our annual completion list thread. May your backlog grow ever smaller - or at least stay the same size.

If you haven't beat any games yet in the calendar year of 2017, maybe set a goal? I'm going to aim for a game a month - anything above that is gravy. Of course I'll still try and platinum/100% as much as I can, but only within reason. I feel 2017 will be busy for me personally.

Have had a blast playing Darkest Dungeon, but finding it hard to progress in any meaningful way. I may just have to abandon this for World of Final Fantasy.

missRPGirl

• View Profile
Re: Completion List 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
Currently playing FFV and Ara Fell. Hoping to beat both games by the end of the month.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:19:57 AM »
I'd like to try Darkest Dungeon. Just waiting for a personally agreeable sale price.

As Arvis was kind enough to point out to me (something I hadn't even realized), I had achieved a game a month average this past year. That's good enough for me, so that's my goal this year.
I'd mainly like to put a dent in my PS3 back log (includes Wild Arms 2; Suikoden 2; Tales of Graces f; Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain; GT6; Jak & Daxter 1)  this year, because I'm losing interest in the system, and I find that I'd much rather play games on my PC these days. I feel I should try to get most of my intended (meaning, already paid for) PS3 stuff done before the system starts to collect too much dust...

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:24:15 AM »
Hah, I've already played through my first game of the year! The Deed! Which was very short but it totally counts because I say so please don't ruin this for me...

So...

1. The Deed

My goal for the year will be 50 games. Should be doable, considering how short many of the titles on my backlog are. I'm currently at 18/20 of my Steam-backlog-challenge-thing and I hope I'll be able to start a new list before the end of winter.

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 10:25:51 AM »
Hah, I've already played through my first game of the year! The Deed! Which was very short but it totally counts because I say so please don't ruin this for me...

So...

1. The Deed

My goal for the year will be 50 games. Should be doable, considering how short many of the titles on my backlog are. I'm currently at 18/20 of my Steam-backlog-challenge-thing and I hope I'll be able to start a new list before the end of winter.

You have 20 games on steam? Hehe I wish mine was that small :3

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »
No, more like 117, but my current backlog is ~30 games. I decided to take care of it in chunks.

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
Oh ok now it defiantly sounds like you got steam. Honestly I may start my own blogspot and try to complete my backlog. 

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:55:31 AM »
Haha I think I have maybe 10-15 games total on Steam.

...But just under 100 on GOG. Most of which I'll probably never even get to (not in the foreseeable future, anyway), if I'm being honest with myself.  :/

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 11:31:31 AM »
Glad we mostly all have the same problems.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 11:41:33 AM »

JohnA

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 03:05:27 AM »

This accurately describes my recent game life.

JohnA

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 03:07:06 AM »
Hoping to complete Final Fantasy XV in the next week or so and platinum it by the end of the month. Been busy with holidays and work.

thetrueelec

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 09:35:32 PM »
Trails of Cold Steel 2, well technically I'm at the epilogue but I'm basically finished. I loved almost everything in this game, could have done without the incest stuff with Elise, the characters are great the plot was enjoyable, with a twist at the end I can't imagine anyone saw coming. I'm not sure I can call it my favourite game just yet but I fell confident the series is my favourite.

eightbitsamurai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »
I finished Tales of Hearts R.

Wasn't the best game ever, wasn't the worst either. Comfortable length of time for an RPG in my opinion, if it's longer than 25-30 hours I'm probably not going to beat it, to be honest. Combat was fantastic, chaining combos is really fun and everything flows well. Plot was rote but I liked the characters and the skits were hilarious. I also think that "Power of Friendship!" stories are actually fine and get too much of a bad rap for being cheesy and cliche. Who doesn't like cheese.

Now I'm in a Tales mood and am playing Abyss (which is way longer than 25-30 hours, heh). Lots of technobabbly gobblygook but the crux of the plot starts to get interesting 10 hours in. People hate Luke for many reasons but I find him more interesting than MCs like Kor. Plus Jade is thus far my favorite character in a Tales game. More JRPGs need an old dude that shits on your party 24/7. Also his belt is Pac-Man shaped, which is essentially perfect.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 02:28:35 AM »
Fable II - Very short. No final battle?? Maybe there was one and I didn't realize it? Still fun.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"