Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
Yeah I don't mind that anime-esque style there for some reason.

I mean Xeno has always been anime-esque if not outright anime a lot of the time.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 04:36:54 PM »
I want them to keep the British VAs for this one, just so that it sounds completely out of place.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
I want them to keep the British VAs for this one, just so that it sounds completely out of place.
I think the british voice cast was actually one of the things I liked in Xenoblade.

TASTY!

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 07:56:44 PM »

Its one of my all time favorite dubs.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »
I'm fairly confident that we will not be getting a British voice cast again. Only reason we got one for 1 was because NoE handled the localization since NoA wasn't initially interested. I feel fairly confident that NoA will handle the voice work this time, and it will simply be cheaper for them to get non-British actors. *finishes raining on everyone's parade*

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »
I'm fairly confident that we will not be getting a British voice cast again. Only reason we got one for 1 was because NoE handled the localization since NoA wasn't initially interested. I feel fairly confident that NoA will handle the voice work this time, and it will simply be cheaper for them to get non-British actors. *finishes raining on everyone's parade*

Yeah, yeah. I'm aware of why we aren't getting a British dub again, but that's beside the point. The point is that XBC1 avoided some of the more anime aspects of a Xenowhatever JRPG which made the British dub work all the better. Something that XBC2 is likely not to do as its already dialing the anime up just with the characters shown thus far. Hence a rather not-anime sounding British dub would be hilarious when attached to XBC2.

Alex D.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »
I didn't play the Xenoblade Chronicles X but I loved Xenoblade Chronicles. Imho the character designs aren't the strongest aspects in either title. In XC1 Monolith managed to nail everything beside character designs. They had to sacrifice some graphical fidelity to make it remotely playable but it still is one of the best (looking) games on the Wii. If they manage to keep 75% of the epicness of XC1, it will be a really impressive entry into the series and it sure does look and sound like it at this point :D

On another note I hope they port XCX to the Switch. I don't want to buy a WiiU :(

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »

Yea it will be the standard ZRO Limit dub unless they do a PAL dub as well. I'm sure if Nintendo would take a poll they'd have an overwhelming number from fans clamoring for a NoE dub but they don't usually listen to their fans when it comes to RPGs.

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 05:41:25 PM »
On another note I hope they port XCX to the Switch. I don't want to buy a WiiU :(

Yeah, me too.  I was hoping the Switch was going to be backward compatible, but since it appears not, the best I can hope for is an XCX port, and a better RPG showing for Nintendo this time round.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
Argh, my speakers busted on me, so I haven't watched the trailer yet (I'm gonna look for a longer HDMI cable and see if I can hook it up to my Smart TV), but I did break down and look at the screens...the MC looks too damn young, disproportionally so. Ugh...I kinda liked how relatively mature Shulk looked overall. Now I see where all this "too much moe" is coming from. I haven't been this disappointed in a sequel's MC design since Gunslinger Girl S2...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »
Info so far: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228470235&postcount=1

Oh dear if the plot details are true...
I wonder if the 3 script pages were picked randomly or with specific intent to communicate the tone of the game, because man, one of them is Tales as fuck. Lol.

Spoiler: show
There's the page with Van Damme explaining the Blade to Rex as I mentioned, and then there's one with a team investigating an ancient ship, which sounds Xeno as hell. And then.... then... there is a bath scene with 3 female characters with awkward shit, including one commenting on the other's figure. Lol.

A.N.I.M.E.

---

Oh was he? I don't remember many of the details in Xenoblade anymore, I just googled to check. Yeah, definitely a recurring homage character then.

Regarding the most visible page with Van Damme talking to Rex (the main character).... I think it definitely reveals the main context of the hints in the trailer.

Spoiler: show
The "Blade" in Xenoblade 2 is definitely a humanoid character as well. The one mentioned is called "Homura" and is likely the red haired girl with the same armor design as the blade Rex has at the end. The wielder of a Blade is called a Driver. As long as the Driver lives, the Blade is immortal and will regenerate from any injury. A Driver protects a Blade. And Rex says he will protect Homura.

Transforming waifu weapons here we come!

And nothing says saving the world like SCUBA gear and shorts so short they let your ass cheeks breathe.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:17:59 AM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 11:57:14 AM »
But... why is her name "Ballsack"?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
Anyone else catch that the gem bits on a lot of folks/the Monado-esque sword are in the same shape as the "Zohar" relics from Xenosaga?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Anyone else catch that the gem bits on a lot of folks/the Monado-esque sword are in the same shape as the "Zohar" relics from Xenosaga?

You mean the Zohar from Xenogears? And set against a whole lotta 'X'es no less.

Also, spotted a character with animal ears, looks to be separate from MC and red and blonde girls.

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »
@Aeolus – I think the little winglets only came out in Xenosaga, actually. The Zohar in Xenogears appears to just be a golden monolith with an eye.

See: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/xenosaga/images/2/21/Zohar.png/revision/latest?cb=20080817162918

vs:

http://lparchive.org/Xenogears-(by-The-Dark-Id)/Update%20136/10-EXISTENCE17.jpg