Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »
At least there's been the occasional Bunny Girl.

But yeah, something like a Duck Girl would be an interesting alternative.

XB2 looks pretty all right, but I agree the cast doesn't look as fun and from what little I've seen from trailers (I'm trying to stay on a media blackout as long as I can) just doesn't seem as intriguing and hits a lot of tropes that have been done before.  I will admit between the Controller and CE I'm amazed how fast I was still willing to throw down their asking price... for shame, Dicey, for shame.

Where are you finding listings for the CE? I've looked everywhere but online and maybe BestBuy but I've found nothing so far.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 07:35:54 AM »
Where are you finding listings for the CE? I've looked everywhere but online and maybe BestBuy but I've found nothing so far.
I ordered mine at BestBuy. They have been live since around the time of the announcement...and they have yet to sell out. I'm not entirely convinced that they have any idea of what their stock numbers are considered how fast Nintendo special editions normally sell out.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »
giraffe girl

I.... I want a new thing, now.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 07:57:08 PM »

Mine is in with gamestop.com.  They let Canada do international ordering...  Still waiting on Canadian retailers.
(Then I ask the moral question: Do I keep both and become what I hate and scalp one, or give up the other and not pay lousy shipping fees).

giraffe girl

I.... I want a new thing, now.

Here ya go!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:45:51 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2017, 08:49:38 AM »
Excellent. It's even worse than I expected.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »
Amazon finally has it up for pre-order.
They are sold out on Best buy -_- so no GCU discount for me.

edit- oh wow BB now has it up again.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:51:54 PM by Electricb7 »

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »
I'm probably going to go digital with XBC2 since I recently got a 200 GB micro SD for my Switch even though I do want the collector's edition. Cart switching is a slight annoyance and I need to justify my purchase of this SD card. :P

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct 11.7.2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct 11.7.2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

Nice to finally find out what the deal is with Angela Balzac, but I'm kinda disappointed that she's neither a rival character's Blade nor a Blade that can also Driverself. Kinda confirms that the cast distribution is pretty reminiscent of Shining Tears with how much females exist as walking macguffins versus characters with agency, and this disappoints me greatly (I think the named midboss is also female, but aside from her and Catgrrl, its dudes and their waifus all the way down). Still likely to be better about it than Star Ocean 5 was or anything Level 5 ever put out at least.

I did enjoy the Splatoon style retro-minigame bit and hope that other characters have fairly involved upgrade mechanics that help to further distinguish themselves.

Changing landscapes seem nice, but it'll remain to be seen just how well it gets implemented (also, lol at literally swimming through the clouds).

Potential Spoilers Edit:
Spoiler: show
So I was looking at the title card art and some of the web site when I put 2 and 2 together. There's going to be six Drivers for your party. With the direct spelling out 4 of them (Rex, Cat Grrl, Nopon, Eye Patch), the other two are the Midboss Lady (kinda obvious really, especially since her Blade isn't Dominatrix enough to be an antagonist) and a yet-to-be-shown Pompadour Beast Dude complete with a Hawk Blade (a LadyHawke perhaps?).

Fucking FINALLY Edit: As of the Direct, the CE finally went up for sale in B&M (they could've done a better job of denoting that it hadn't gone up prior to yesterday).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:23:09 PM by Aeolus »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2017, 08:44:05 PM »
I don't understand the excitement. I was a fan of XBC and XBCX and this looks like a few steps backwards from both those titles.

Pretty much my reaction, but hey...to each their own.

...also, I'm a month and a half behind on the conversation here, so sue me...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 02:31:24 AM »
Which is funny because after some of the latest stuff they've shown, I am super excited about this one.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 08:06:56 AM »
With cut content-I mean DLC planned out for a year from now, I've gone from buying a Switch for this to waiting until the eventual GOTY re-release.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »
I'm never really interested in DLC, especially in my rpg's. I'm the type of guy that explores every corner and talks to every NPC. My usually run times are always longer than than anyone else. If I did DLC as well I would most likely never get done.

I'm there for the main game then I want to be done with it forever.
Plus I cant miss out on that collectors edition.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
Hell, same.

Which is funny because after some of the latest stuff they've shown, I am super excited about this one.

Pretty much this.

What they showed gameplay and exploration-wise looked a hell of a lot more like Xenoblade 1 than X or whatever it looked like from the previous trailer, but it still had some features that were carried over from X (like a Soul Voice-esque feature where you could command allies to use their specials independent of Chain Attacks or listening for audio cues). Additionally seeing how Rex's MC gimmick works and Roboblade makes me a whole lot more confident that characters will have their own individual mechanics similar to XBC1's party over XBCX's team of copypasta humans.

Also liking the headstone markers for UMs. A hell of a lot better than having to revisit an area where one of these hangs out since they're always aggressive, regardless of level (and fuck you if that one in particular is running some kind of bullshit Spike leading your own team to blow itself up), and will probably make end/postgame mats farming easier.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2017, 05:53:20 AM »
With cut content-I mean DLC planned out for a year from now, I've gone from buying a Switch for this to waiting until the eventual GOTY re-release.
Has Nintendo ever done a GotY re-release? Only times I can think of them releasing the same game later with all the DLC have been instances where they ported the game to a new system (Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors come to mind). I don't think we are getting a Switch replacement that quickly.