Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2018, 12:01:48 PM »
Also, with my Mercenary Rank maxed out, I used the extra space to pull three more Rare Blades (and then had to burn an Override to send Sheba to Rex due to the fact that I had three Water Blades on one Driver (I know, I should've sent her to Nia, but everybody has at least one Water Blade and those two were the only ones without a Cannon Rare Blade; plus Sheba belongs on a Male Driver Peon dammit, and I really wanted to keep the newly pulled Chef where he was)).
I would not have done that considering how valuable Overdrive Protocols are. You only get 3 from chests, 5 from maxing character affinity charts, and 1 for each 4 star blade you release (who has a complete affinity chart). Really all Rex needs is his sword, an axe (Edit: and late game there is an alternative to using an axe), and dual scythes. Oh well, I guess I'm late on giving this advice. >.>

Couldn't really be helped though as that's how the Blades were drawn.

That said, I've replaced my Water Gun with a Thunder one (not much of an improvement since it still doesn't solve the type diversity, but the Passive Abilities are more useful overall).

And with that being said, here's a legit question I have. Where's the Cafe in the Archipelago? I for the life of me can't find it and more than a couple of Blades need a few of its stocked items to finish up with their advancements/side-quests.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2018, 03:50:05 PM »
Itís silly how easy G becomes to grind once you get access to gold cylinders. I took me less than an hour to get 1 million+ gold to buy and unlock Shebaís affinity tree. And spent 30 more minutes to just be comfy on G for probably the rest of the game.

Iím at the start of chapter 6. I have 5 rare blades left to pull. Are there any good spots to grind for cores? I want to try and get all the RNG blades. Mostly to just get that out of the way because I know Iím going to end up doing basically everything in this game because Iím loving it oh so much.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »
Also, with my Mercenary Rank maxed out, I used the extra space to pull three more Rare Blades (and then had to burn an Override to send Sheba to Rex due to the fact that I had three Water Blades on one Driver (I know, I should've sent her to Nia, but everybody has at least one Water Blade and those two were the only ones without a Cannon Rare Blade; plus Sheba belongs on a Male Driver Peon dammit, and I really wanted to keep the newly pulled Chef where he was)).
I would not have done that considering how valuable Overdrive Protocols are. You only get 3 from chests, 5 from maxing character affinity charts, and 1 for each 4 star blade you release (who has a complete affinity chart). Really all Rex needs is his sword, an axe (Edit: and late game there is an alternative to using an axe), and dual scythes. Oh well, I guess I'm late on giving this advice. >.>

That said, I've replaced my Water Gun with a Thunder one (not much of an improvement since it still doesn't solve the type diversity, but the Passive Abilities are more useful overall).

And with that being said, here's a legit question I have. Where's the Cafe in the Archipelago? I for the life of me can't find it and more than a couple of Blades need a few of its stocked items to finish up with their advancements/side-quests.
I "THINK" it's in Indol, as the cafe in Indol comes to leftheria due to story reasons later.

TASTY!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2018, 04:12:03 AM »

I "THINK" it's in Indol, as the cafe in Indol comes to leftheria due to story reasons later.

I guess I should clarify, I'm currently at the start of Chapter 9 (the event you speak of happens late in Chapter 8; and so far only the Dev Levels and that Wall Marking sidequest node have made the transition).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2018, 07:51:04 AM »
Itís silly how easy G becomes to grind once you get access to gold cylinders. I took me less than an hour to get 1 million+ gold to buy and unlock Shebaís affinity tree. And spent 30 more minutes to just be comfy on G for probably the rest of the game.

Iím at the start of chapter 6. I have 5 rare blades left to pull. Are there any good spots to grind for cores? I want to try and get all the RNG blades. Mostly to just get that out of the way because I know Iím going to end up doing basically everything in this game because Iím loving it oh so much.
It gets even more ridiculous when you use premium cylinders (which just randomly show up in shops sometimes), but you probably don't need any more money at this point. Incidentally, I ended the game with 13 million because of all the accessories I sold to keep me under the accessory cap (since accessories just vanish with no notice if you hit the cap).

As for core grinding, the place I grinded for common and rare cores was the port on the lower level of Mor Ardain. You want to go salvaging with the lowest cylinder type. The enemy you are looking for is a Krable, which if I recall correctly always drops a common and has a good rate of dropping rares. You can improve your odds by getting Gold Chips in Temperentia as they raise item drop rates. You get Gold Chips from one of the flying enemies on the southern shore (forgot the name, but there are three of them there, one on the eastern edge of the shore, one near the eastern edge which pops up out of nowhere when you walk by a certain spot, and one near a rock formation along the middle of the shore).

I got a ridiculous amount of legendary cores by grinding superbosses, but I doubt you are up to that yet. :P I think any 65+ unique monster can drop them, but I'm not sure on any good ones for quickly getting a lot.

I guess I should clarify, I'm currently at the start of Chapter 9 (the event you speak of happens late in Chapter 8; and so far only the Dev Levels and that Wall Marking sidequest node have made the transition).
If I remember correctly, the move happens middle of chapter 9. Just keep advancing and you'll know when it happens.

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »
Guess I will do some grinding for Shebas stupid piggy bank.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2018, 01:37:18 AM »

If I remember correctly, the move happens middle of chapter 9. Just keep advancing and you'll know when it happens.

Turns out I was literally one cutscene away from it happening. Man, I am so grateful it took me as long as it did to pull Michel Phelps blade. Imagine getting him around the Wind Fish Titan and staring at his Pastry Chef field skill for the next 100 hours or so (still not as awful as Adult Lissa; "Hey, how would like a Blade that's locked to their third Affinity tier until the start of the endgame?").

That said, I've since added the other set of Ice Boobs to the growing harem. No need to burn an Overdrive on her since she landed on someone lacking both Blitzballs and Ice Elementals, but man oh man, grinding her now kinda really sucks since as far as Rare Healing Blades goes, she's not all that good (especially since I've long since gotten the Scimitar). Fortunately, she's on my Goddamn Furry Cosplaying as Ashton user so I can switch between the two Blades for a steady-ish stream of health (of course doing that means that I can't mainline Megaman Rex, which means no cheating like a motherfucking bastard on Blade Combos).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2018, 07:02:48 AM »

Turns out I was literally one cutscene away from it happening. Man, I am so grateful it took me as long as it did to pull Michel Phelps blade. Imagine getting him around the Wind Fish Titan and staring at his Pastry Chef field skill for the next 100 hours or so (still not as awful as Adult Lissa; "Hey, how would like a Blade that's locked to their third Affinity tier until the start of the endgame?").

That said, I've since added the other set of Ice Boobs to the growing harem. No need to burn an Overdrive on her since she landed on someone lacking both Blitzballs and Ice Elementals, but man oh man, grinding her now kinda really sucks since as far as Rare Healing Blades goes, she's not all that good (especially since I've long since gotten the Scimitar). Fortunately, she's on my Goddamn Furry Cosplaying as Ashton user so I can switch between the two Blades for a steady-ish stream of health (of course doing that means that I can't mainline Megaman Rex, which means no cheating like a motherfucking bastard on Blade Combos).
The easiest way to grind rare blade (or really any blade) affinities is to just spam merc missions with them. Completing any mission gives them half the requirements (rounded up) of 3 nodes (except own  x copies of an item, do x damage in a single attack, or kill 1 monster). If you have Ursula's missions unlocked, you can very quickly grind a few rare blades up as those are the shortest merc missions. Before doing this, you should feed them enough food (ideally not their preferred food so that they say nothing) to unlock all their trust related nodes.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2018, 08:40:55 AM »

The easiest way to grind rare blade (or really any blade) affinities is to just spam merc missions with them. Completing any mission gives them half the requirements (rounded up) of 3 nodes (except own  x copies of an item, do x damage in a single attack, or kill 1 monster). If you have Ursula's missions unlocked, you can very quickly grind a few rare blades up as those are the shortest merc missions. Before doing this, you should feed them enough food (ideally not their preferred food so that they say nothing) to unlock all their trust related nodes.

I don't have Ursula. I have Dahlia (I mean, how many large breasted Ice Element Healer Type Bitball Blades are there in this game? #pedanticquestion).

Also, grinding Rare Blades on Merc Missions is all very well and good in all, but I'm literally within spitting distance of the final boss (with filled in Skill Charts for everyone short of Nia) and I'd rather use the Merc Missions to grind up my Commons so that I can convert them into Weapons for Noobs and Boosters for more attempts at Rare Blades (not that I don't use Rare Blades for Merc Missions, but that I tend to focus on sending them when they have the appropriate skills and I want to get it done sooner rather than later).

My business with the Armu Earl Grey Tea was far more of a "REALLY!?! Did they really goddamn do this or was this just another fuck up like Percival's Quest?" than a serious 'SOS'. I mean, I was within effectively four boss fights (I skipped one of them for now) away from the final chapter and only here and now do you deign to unlock this? Especially after you just got done dumping the other features from that region into another half a chapter ago?

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »
Is there a definitive guide to acquire blades? I still dont understand the luck stat or core boosters and what they effect.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Is there a definitive guide to acquire blades? I still dont understand the luck stat or core boosters and what they effect.
Supposedly each idea is an element, so putting more into said idea/element increases the chance of gettung a blade of that element. If you're trying to get the off element like lightning or ice or light and dark, idk, probably a combination. The game does nothing to explain it at all, but people on lamefaqs had some suggestions that made sense.

TASTY!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »
The game does explain it, but in the most roundabout and kinda useless way by sticking in with the Rumor Blurbs (so you're getting half a tweet's worth of information about the subject buried underneath a bunch of other half-tweets of good-to-know information).

To be fair, out of that sizable catalog of Rare Blades, only about 15 ~ 20 or so are randomly pullable. The rest are either Plot important or handed out via sidequest or something. So you're trying to thread a needle to begin with and it only gets worse as you start accumulating the pullable ones.

Otherwise its all about cranking up your Luck Stat, use the Rarest/Most Legendary Core you have, slathering on Core Boosters if there's a Blade in a particular element you're hoping for, and finally pick an RNGod and pray, because that's what it really comes down to.

Specifically, all non-specific Core Crystals have a chance of pulling a Rare Blade from it (provided any are left to pull), with Commons having dismal chances, and Legendaries having the best but still pretty dismal chances. Crystal Rarity is more to do with the Crown Rating of the Common Blade you'll more than likely to end up with. Commons pull 1 or 2 Crowns and are weighted towards 1 Crown ratings, Rare pulls 1, 2 or 3 Crown Blades and are generally weighted towards 1 or 2 Crowns, and Legendary Core Crystals can pull from the 2, 3 or 4 Crown spectrum while being weighted to the 2 Crown rating.

Boosters just increase the chances of pulling from one of two specific elements (aside from the Dark/Light one since aside from one specific Rare Blade, the Light Element is exclusive to Rex and Tora, and the rest are Dark all the way down). Still no guarantees or anything like that.

Fortunately you end up swimming in Core Crystals anyways (I'm currently selling all of my Commons and just pull exclusively from Rares and Legendaries) and a bunch of Rare Blades are guaranteed anyways once you start clearing sidequests.

As for Rare Blade distribution, the ideal rule of thumb is to give Rex a couple of Rare Blades to start with and then stop as the game loves to dump Blades onto his lap (I'd advocate for the none at all approach but its a good idea to give Rex something to contribute beyond Focus for early and mid game Skill Checks; not that you can do most of them until the start of Chapter 5 anyways).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2018, 06:35:23 AM »

I don't have Ursula. I have Dahlia (I mean, how many large breasted Ice Element Healer Type Bitball Blades are there in this game? #pedanticquestion).

Also, grinding Rare Blades on Merc Missions is all very well and good in all, but I'm literally within spitting distance of the final boss (with filled in Skill Charts for everyone short of Nia) and I'd rather use the Merc Missions to grind up my Commons so that I can convert them into Weapons for Noobs and Boosters for more attempts at Rare Blades (not that I don't use Rare Blades for Merc Missions, but that I tend to focus on sending them when they have the appropriate skills and I want to get it done sooner rather than later).
I only mentioned Ursula because she has a bunch of 10 min repreatable Merc missions as part of her quest, so she makes grinding affinities a lot easier.

The game does explain it, but in the most roundabout and kinda useless way by sticking in with the Rumor Blurbs (so you're getting half a tweet's worth of information about the subject buried underneath a bunch of other half-tweets of good-to-know information).
Well that's not entirely true, there are also 1 or 2 NPCs that explain it in a bit more detail, but I suppose if you don't go around looking for NPCs with new info after every chapter/major event, you could easily miss them.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Beat it!  Making a post because I have thoughts and this is one of the series I like having and typing thoughts for.
Segmented since I'm sure only some points are more interesting than others.

> Amalthus
Spoiler: show
Fuck this guy, his character burns up and fizzles out so damn fast.  I did like the idea that his fucked up mind could be what's screwing up Malos' generally negative spin on life (I wish the plot looked at this more!).  He goes from benevolent religious overseer, to maniac, to some eldritch abomination within a REALLY small timeframe ... Then seeing Amalthus get his commpenpance from Jin freezing him is.... sorta underwhelming for such a high-up plot villain.   Shame, I really liked Amalthus acting more of a darkly im/moral figure, but he became a joke villain yelling about power and destruction.

> Torna
Their Nomura-faces were always distracting to me haha. xD  They really made the girl have a creepy doll face, the glasses one is annoying, and Riku---- I mean Jin's evil shadow outfit looked hilarious.  They weren't my least favourite batch of villains.  Malos and Jin are at least a pretty great dynamic (it was usually hard to tell who the 'leader' was), but the other three idiots were just three different obnoxious personalities (smarmy, angry, and cocky) being noisy in every scene they were in.  I think we knew the plot would kill them off at one point, so having repeated non-fights with them was annoying ("Team Torna is blasting off again!").

> Elysium
being a giant wasteland was sort of a boring spoiler -- I think we all knew the perfect paradise wouldn't be there by the first first cutscene that introduced it.  Was it really supposed to be something?? Like maybe an evacuation zone (in the same vein as New LA might have been?).  Seems odd to have that one pocket already be dead and I'm not sure what it was all supposed to be for... 

> Arch.
 The Architect was awesome.  A really cool throwback to the first game and I do like they expanded the events of Klaus's version of the "new big bang" he caused.  I love when a series' can work in a returning villain, and thought a 'Good Klaus' (with a unique connection to an out-of-dimension Zanza).  I like his cynicism and stoicism; i find it interesting he doesn't raise a hand to help or hurt anyone (creating a universe will sorta just do that on its own, right? :P )...he works better than way than as his more typically-villain counterpart Zanza did and avoids giving this series a "go kill god" plot that happens in this series a bunch of time.

> Blades
I feel a lot of the Blade questions don't really get solved other than Rex's optimistic "We'll do better!".  It was a dark question to ask in the story and it sorta gets dropped for the even BIGGER question of who/what is god and creation and purpose and xeno-zohar-spacegod-mumbo-jumbo that typically pops up in this series. x)
Another minor complaint is that most spoilers involved some character secretly being a Blade (like at least 4 times) and Flesh Eaters are a pretty huge plot macguffin into the system. 

Titans
I did really love the TItan's turning into landmass.  This isn't the first time Monolith has had some terra-forming endgame (BK ends about the same), but it's a fitting conclusion and a bit more elegant that how Xenoblade wrapped up a similar idea.
  Beautifully done.  I'd love a X3 taking place across giant Titan-made land masses :O  Stupid idea, but I always get stars in my eyes when I see pretty endings, haha

Those designs!
To have a game that works in messages of freedom/slavery, having a large portion of the female cast wearing incredibly revealing outfits adds an unintended creepiness to the designs.  Ah well, otherwise I loved everyone looking like fantasy-Tron characters.  Morag, Brighid, Pandoria, Mythra, and Space-Rex were my favourite outfits.  Izami, Perceval, Wilfrid, Adenine were some of my favorite blades (also the NPC blades look pretty cool in their own right).  Pyra your outfit not only is terrible but you were also a pretty below-average Blade and the blonde version of you is significantly better in design and in combat.

Besides the pants (or lack thereof lol), Nia's other outfit is really nice too.

Poppi Mk I is delightful looking; but the weird fetish angle they took with QT and Pi were....ew.  The game adorably creates characters far too innocent to realize why it has somewhat problematic characters designs.  Having Rex be 'too young to drink' yet have two giant-breasted women vying for his affections is just plain bizarre and the fact so many girls in these sacrifice their own personalities to waste time infatuated with a dorky-do-gooder is a bit eye-rolling (again, I like Rex, it's just that I've seen this stuff so much before).

Also since everyone's outfits in this game is so bombastic, it was weird saying how underwhelmed I was by mega-Mythra's third form; but the two girls before it set such a high fashion bar to behind with...  Over time I did like it (the unicorn headband is a bit much since it already had about 20 other eye-grabbing features haha).

Salvaging - I loved this! Really cool way to factor in Rex's line of work into gameplay.  One thing I didn't like is that it's the same few locations that produce the best item to trade in just about every town.  Mostly a criticism because I liked the system so much. 

Tiger! Tiger! - What the fuck were they thinking?  I like that Poppi is totally OP if you put the time in, but that's the problem -- this is the most boring and annoying way to put the time in and it's basically required for ALL upgrades.  Terrible.  I benched Tora... which isn't really the worst thing (Riki >>>>>> Tora)

... Tora >>>>>>>>> Tatsu.

Worlds - For as ugly as it is, I think Mor Ardain has the most personality!  The rockin tunes (Alba Cavanich has just the 'right amount' of electric guitar).  Uraya is obviously the prettiest (though I do hope their future game can try something other than glowing swampland though).   But even for an intentionally drab locations, I thought Tempertania the Morytha locations sucked.  Tantal wasn't that much fun (seriously, the middle pillar makes me miss running stairs in XC1's Nopon Village).  Argentum, Gormott, and Leftheria were delightful (I'll be honest though, Gormott being an obvious expy of bionis is kinda sad).

"Enraged" - I kinda hated this.  This game feels great to kick-ass in, but it's really all-or-nothing gameplay.  A lot of enemies lose their shit when they're less than half HP which means you have to hammer into it with every single combo format you can otherwise it has a change to pull off a supermove to wreck your party.  A lot of enemies have this pattern, and in some ways the battle feels almost 'timed' since you basically won't win unless you start firing off chain attacks.  If you're not doing that you're basically doing BARELY any damage unless you're super over-levelled. 

Blades - I do think the game does an alright job making all blades and attacks pretty okay and balanced.  I mean, not really, it's still a complicated system; but I like that most characters are fine substitutes with the amount of randomization and switching around there is.  Since there is so much micromanaging, I like things are more about utilizing gameplay > strongest character.

....the Gacha blade system is terrible --- BUT I'd be willing to compromise if pulling new Blades happened faster. 
But no, a slow camera needs to pan out and shoot magical sparkles three times --- every time.  I bet they wanted to charge money to draw but removed it last minute when EA was getting into shit for Battlefront II (kidding). :P

The game takes up a lot of time with not fun things.  The Blade gacha and Merc Missions and affinity quotes requiring you to listen to *every*single*line-reading was so annoying and honestly kept me from doing Mercenary Missions since I'd have to click and listen through a bunch of boring upgrades. 
 The micromanaging, for how much you DO micromanage could have been better and I'm surprised it wasn't.  Switching Blade/Driver menus was also annoying.  It's amazingly still better than XC1 and X though and I loved the bright look and giant menu artwork <3

Gameplay: On that, I love that a lot of gameplay elements tie nicely into each other; it's easy to stay busy and active in multiple ways because the game essentially 'multi-tasks' every gameplay mechanic.  You salvage parts, which helps gains abilities, which can help you find better items, which can power up blades, that let you fight harder enemies, which can get you better items, which can be sold for more at shops, which can help you develop quest lines and get better equipment.

It's weird I can't EXACTLY say that I like travelling Alrest more than XC1's world.... One weird simple reason: Having field actions tied up to ONLY the current equipped Blades was really annoying and wastes a lot of time.  Nia riding Dromarch was disappointing, and a lot of faster running is locked out by store deeds that can take a lot of time to access.  The game should have offered a faster way to explore the field than tailoring Blades necessary for even small field actions.  Field Actions are as annoying as Pokemon HMs were. 
I also still think the Bionis Leg is the best designed field in these games and nothing had topped that place yet.  But I did love how many more nooks and crannies the XB2 world had to investigate.

Surprising favourite gameplay element: Informants.  A lot of this game works on a discovery-basis; I like that it's not all spoon-fed to you and I like that informants usually reveal useful tips to a lot of the game's gameplay adjuncts.  It's interesting to discover secret locations on titans AND secret gameplay mechanics!!

Compared to Xenoblade:

> This OST is incredible.  Except for Temptania's theme, jesus christ that song always sounds like someone's chasing me around with a knife.

> I thought the Mechonis was a way better set-piece and a little more unique than some of the end-game location in XC2 (the Mechonis almost felt like it had its own culture and wider story context; XC2 endgame was mostly dead-land or kinda dry looking.  But I admire and respect that the game wouldn't do the same thing twice. 

> I loved XC1's cast a bit more.  Rex is a great enough character, but he's such a typical boy hero it was easy to guess his dialogue.  "Fighting? Naw I just want everyone to get along!  I fight for me and everyone!  I love Pyra--- and everyone!" 
I did think Al Weaver's carefree English accent adds a way better melody to his character than I think a North American could.  It was fun hearing him say 'arse' too.  ....I also think I have some small angst about every JRPG using the same pool of VAs that I'm even kinda 'tired' of really talented VAs.

> Gameplay-wise XB2 is a lot stronger on most fronts.  My only issue of course being the micro-managing and constant menu-work that I think really harms an incredible amount of gameplay mechanics.  So with that I sadly like that XC1 has way more streamlined elements a LITTLE more. :/
XB2 is totally better, but just a little more annoying haha~!

> Things Xenoblade X does better:  Travelling is way better in X.  I get they treat exploration differently, but I loved running, faster running, and moon-jumping around... XB1/2 is so clunky.  I'd actually love to see an RPG introduce, admittedly minor, platforming elements.  Not enough to be obnoxious, but a lot of these games make jumping feel to awkward.

Alright I think that's it.

Not sure which game I love more; even with Xeno X thrown in.  I love them all differently.

That said, I look forward to story DLC!  Curious what it'll be, but I'm basically sold on whatever it is.

Also...I want me HD XB1 and XCX ported.  Pronto.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2018, 06:50:06 AM »
Tiger! Tiger! - What the fuck were they thinking?  I like that Poppi is totally OP if you put the time in, but that's the problem -- this is the most boring and annoying way to put the time in and it's basically required for ALL upgrades.  Terrible.  I benched Tora... which isn't really the worst thing (Riki >>>>>> Tora)

... Tora >>>>>>>>> Tatsu.

There's a couple of ways to make raising Poppi easier.

First, don't go too deep into Tiger! Tiger! until Chapter 8 when Level 5 unlocks, since as a bonus, it jacks up Ether rewards on the Results Screen (Treasure Crystals go up from 100 Crystals to 150 Crystals (I forget just how many Crystals the Large Treasure contains), and the All Treasure Collected bonus goes up from 300 to 500).

Second, every level has a bonus stage that can net you upwards to about 700~ish Ether a pop (if you don't blow the challenge or get a bad draw) and sometimes the level can spawn multiple instances of the bonus, which you can further balloon with the All Crystals bonus (it more than doubles your collected amount of Crystals).

Third, specifically run Stage Two for Ether Crystal Farming since its the easiest to run on Normal Mode and still get the Perfect Results bonus (for Easy, Stage One should be sufficient for obtaining Crystals since you don't have to worry about bumping the terrain surrounding its stupidly small gap), but more importantly, because it's bonus stage is easiest to spot (just look for two suspiciously placed Ether Crystals placed in a crevice guarded by a Crustip/Red Lobster on the right side of the screen; they're goalposting the access point to the stage).

Finally, (spoilered for the sake of everyone's sanity)
press 'Y' on the Parts Creation menu and Sell! Sell!

As for Parts, run Level 5 and ignore the bonuses or the Ether since what you want are the Large Treasure Chests and the potential Tiger! Tiger! exclusive parts (specifically known are the Tier 2 Stat Boosters; the Master Role Mods and the Light Elemental Chip).

I'll leave the rest of my comments for when I've beaten the game, but they're kinda in line with my earlier posts and with Dice's take.