Author Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2017, 06:41:06 AM »
Edit: Except to announce an NA release date of Oct. 20th and the availability of an ultra expensive CE.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/fire-emblem-warriors-launches-october-20-north-america

At least the poster inside is tipping their hand somewhat in that there's definitely room for about 5 more Archanean participants, Male Corrin, and possibly 2 more Ylisse and Nohrshido characters.
Oh just saw the announcement on the main page. I'm normally obsessive about getting special editions...but this one feels like a fairly easy pass for me.

Nice catch on the poster. I really doubt we'll get 5 Archanean characters though. Will be interesting to see what (if any) more character announcements there will be.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2017, 06:22:12 PM »
I can see Marth, Caeda, and Young Tiki being the only Shadow Dragon representatives. Maybe if they're nice, we could get the Whitewings, but that would be a lot of Pegasus Knights.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Bushidou777

• Time is Concept which Recognize,The change of things
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
I am looking forward to this game being my first switch game as well as Mario odyssey i think i am in for a real great experience.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-elise

To nobody's surprise, one of the three remaining Fates Royals is now on the team as the game's second Tome user, and I guess first Staff user as well..? (sorry Lissa). This pretty much confirms Sakura as a Bow and possible Staff user.

Seriously!? Edit: And Takumi is using his Bow's magic arrows as makeshift Swords, because you know, there are too many Sword users in this series.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:11:17 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »

To nobody's surprise, one of the three remaining Fates Royals is now on the team as the game's second Tome user, and I guess first Staff user as well..? (sorry Lissa). This pretty much confirms Sakura as a Bow and possible Staff user.

Seriously!? Edit: And Takumi is using his Bow's magic arrows as makeshift Swords, because you know, there are too many Sword users in this series.
Geebus! I feel like I've seen the face that Elise is making in the preview thumbnail for her announcement trailer in a horror movie before. Her blank eyes are just staring into my soul waiting for me to blink so that she can eat it. o.o

Wait a sec, we were missing three royals? I know we were missing Sakura and Elise, but who else? Wait has Azura not been announced yet? Huh, weird.

I'd say that he needs melee moves, but I've played Dynasty Warriors post weapon reshuffling, so I know they can make bow movesets without throwing in non-bow attacks. And while Legolas attacks can be awesome, I can't help but feel energy arrows would hurt to grab at the sides. >.> Also if Takumi uses energy arrows as part of his attack string, then I'm guessing we are going to be using a non-weapon equipment like Pirate Warriors and Warriors All-Stars instead of weapon equipment like the main games and Hyrule Warriors. That's disappointing if true as I like weapons visuals improving as you advance.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »

Geebus! I feel like I've seen the face that Elise is making in the preview thumbnail for her announcement trailer in a horror movie before. Her blank eyes are just staring into my soul waiting for me to blink so that she can eat it. o.o

Wait a sec, we were missing three royals? I know we were missing Sakura and Elise, but who else? Wait has Azura not been announced yet? Huh, weird.

I'd say that he needs melee moves, but I've played Dynasty Warriors post weapon reshuffling, so I know they can make bow movesets without throwing in non-bow attacks. And while Legolas attacks can be awesome, I can't help but feel energy arrows would hurt to grab at the sides. >.> Also if Takumi uses energy arrows as part of his attack string, then I'm guessing we are going to be using a non-weapon equipment like Pirate Warriors and Warriors All-Stars instead of weapon equipment like the main games and Hyrule Warriors. That's disappointing if true as I like weapons visuals improving as you advance.

I suppose they were going for a reference to his Close Counter skill in Conquest and Heroes. And in regards to non-weapon equipment, HW's Ruto had her Scales that were basically arm baubles rather than proper weapons, but that didn't stop the rest of the cast from having visually gaudier improved weapons. And especially considering that weapons like Frederick's Axe are ugly as sin (plus we've already seen Xander toting around a Bronze Sword, so I can believe that if not personally improving weapons, then weapons from a combined pool that only certain class types can equip (ala the FE series), it'd mesh well with what we've seen of the inventory screen at least).

As for Fates current absentees, it was let slip by Azura's English VA that she was voicing Azura for Heroes and other projects. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume its for Warriors (or the secretly announced anime project; oh, btw, they secretly announced some kind of anime project in Heroes; thanks CYL Lucina).

Edit: And on that note, http://gematsu.com/2017/09/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-sakura

Bow Sakura confirmed to the surprise of nobody. Also hi ingame rendered Male Corrin, I'm betting you're joining us too.

Dual Strike Edit: https://serenesforest.net/2017/09/05/warriors-history-mode-skills-class-change/#more-41535

Leaked information about some of the other features in the game, including Class Changes, Skills and HW Badges, Validar, and something that's actually worth caring about, History Mode (which looks to be similar to HW's Adventure Mode).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:41:39 AM by Aeolus »

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 01:44:22 PM »
History mode makes this game much more interesting. I loved Adventure mode from Hyrule Warriors, so glad to see it return for FE Warriors.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
So with the announcement of Lyn's presence in today's Nintendo Direct, this leak has pretty much been confirmed which means that A) Omega Force isn't limiting themselves to just the DS and 3DS FE games like they said they would at the start, and B) we pretty much know the base game's full playable roster now.

On the one hand, I'm kinda disappointed that they really didn't go for more than three Archanea characters (four if you squint in regards to Celica and Valentia's proximity to Archanea) or that they won't be including any playable Armors (other than maybe Frederick), on the other hand this confirms it as a better FE game than TMS was.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »
I am certainly surprised by the last two. Still don't care for the roster (and I don't think it is possible for them to make a "good" roster), but I'm content with being wrong. Betting Lyn and Celica are not part of the main story though. :p

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:45 PM »
Welp. No sooner do I post my comment on a confirmed roster, does EU comes along to prove me right/wrong yet again.

https://serenesforest.net/2017/09/13/warriors-lyn-fe7-confirmed/

Caeda and Navarre also confirmed via widescreen trailer bombing (although Navarre's playability status remains unconfirmed). Lol.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2017, 06:44:03 PM »
I'm happy to see Lyn included, but I still want more of the GBA/GC era characters included. I may get this, for 3DS as I'm not ready for a Switch yet, but we'll see. I may see about getting a 2DS XL for this game since I'll still be able to play all of my DS/3DS games on it.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2017, 02:00:21 AM »
Celica was just announced for Fire Emblem Warriors. That rumour was right after all.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2017, 06:34:13 AM »
Anna was also more or less confirmed as well with this.

If the 25 character rumor is true (and they really aren't counting F!Robin and M!Corrin), then all that remains is Young Tiki, Caeda, Navarre and one other PC (if the 25 unit roster is true but they are also counting F!Robin and M!Corrin, then Navarre was probably NPCing it up in the background or something since the trailer didn't necessarily confirm his playability, only his presence).

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »
History Mode shows that they have a Blazing Blade map and a believe an Echoes map as well.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2017, 12:47:37 AM »
And there's Tiki and Caeda to round out the roster. That should be everyone.