Author Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Warriors
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/01/fire-emblem-warriors-announced-switch

Oh hey, there it is. Looks Awakening heavy though.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:38:06 AM »
Wouldn't it be Fates heavy since it has three legendary weapons from it? Which is kind of understandable since it is the most recent entry, but I will be disappointed if we only have characters from Original FE, Awakening, and Fates.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »
Wouldn't it be Fates heavy since it has three legendary weapons from it? Which is kind of understandable since it is the most recent entry, but I will be disappointed if we only have characters from Original FE, Awakening, and Fates.

Well they have to save some content for Fire Emblem Warriors Legacy

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »
You know..... this is going to be awesome.  Calling it now.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »
I guess we're just gonna do a musou game with every franchise now. Fate/excella and berserk ones comin out soon.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 12:25:35 PM »
I, for one, would only want a Final Fantasy Warriors more than Fire Emblem, I think.

How much can I realistically hope for playable Nephenee in this release?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »
Lol! That's all I can think of right now...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
So after having the better part of a day to mull it over, here is my roster prediction (assuming 15+4 DLC and no OC):

Fire Emblem
1. Marth
2. Caeda
3. Tiki (could be Awakening version instead)

Awakening
4. Chrom
5. Robin
6. Lucina
7. Tharja

Fates
8. Corrin
9. Azura
10. Xander
11. Ryoma

12-14. A villain from each of the game's...Although not sure which

General
15. Anna

DLC
1. Ike
2. One of the shape changers from either Fates or Ike's games
3. Hector (this might just be wishful thinking because I think he could have a great moveset based on his legendary weapon...Also there is a lack of axe users in my char list)
4. Roy

How much can I realistically hope for playable Nephenee in this release?
Uhh I'd go with 0%. She is probably a mid tier pick from a game that has very low chances of getting any characters in the first release. Best you might be able to hope for would be if they include create a character that has appearance options similar to her.

Problem with this game is no matter how large the roster is, there will be able to be enough character slots for everyone's favorites. One way to solve it would be to have generic movesets for all the major archetypes and robust create a character...but the number of styles they would have to make would basically be a full roster on its own (off the top of my head swordmaster, hero, berserker, soldier, mage, sniper, bow knight, Pegasus knight, wyvern knight, sage, dark mage, assassin, paladin, and general and that is without getting into Fates newly introduced ones). So I am going to be very curious as to how the hell they are going to try and solve this.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »
^ Have you SEEN the size of the roster in the latest Dynasty Warriors games?  I can't think of a single good reason why they can't cram every FE character in there.

And yet, I know you're right and they won't do it.  I am now pre-saddened.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
^ Have you SEEN the size of the roster in the latest Dynasty Warriors games?  I can't think of a single good reason why they can't cram every FE character in there.

And yet, I know you're right and they won't do it.  I am now pre-saddened.
77 in the last main entry. Of those 10 were new. The other 67 were carried over from the most recent entry. It is a large roster, but a lot of them are carry-over move sets. We don't have any carry over from previous FEW entries. Although 15 might be low since I am comparing it to HW which did have 5 (?) additional move sets for existing characters. So we may be getting 15-20 characters to start...still not getting Nephenee though. :p

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
Yeah, but... but I want her.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »
And I want Lynn (With a two sword style) and Hector (With his axe that shakes the earth when he swings it), but I'm sadly not getting either of those anytime soon. :(

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
And I want Lynn (With a two sword style) and Hector (With his axe that shakes the earth when he swings it), but I'm sadly not getting either of those anytime soon. :(

Actually, of all the predictions listed in the thread thus far, this has to be by far the most likely. The immediate question is are they sticking to Lords only, taking a smörgåsbord from the various games to fill Classes/Weapon Types, or are pulling a TMS and only covering Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates? My hope is that it'll pull a number of characters from every game in the series, even if its only the Lords &| Female Leads for a 20-ish character roster.

That being said, Ryoma's taking the Dual Wield style since it only really came up in Fates.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »

Actually, of all the predictions listed in the thread thus far, this has to be by far the most likely. The immediate question is are they sticking to Lords only, taking a smörgåsbord from the various games to fill Classes/Weapon Types, or are pulling a TMS and only covering Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates? My hope is that it'll pull a number of characters from every game in the series, even if its only the Lords &| Female Leads for a 20-ish character roster.

That being said, Ryoma's taking the Dual Wield style since it only really came up in Fates.
I'm thinking three only, but I would love to be wrong on that.

Eh I like the idea of Lynn having a dual wielding fighting style because it is stated in game that her two legendary blades are part of a set and the two of them are drastically different in appearance and characteristics. So if I were to be responsible for designing her move set, I'd have her normal attacks use the smaller lighter blade and her heavy attacks would cause her to switch to the longer second blade (which is basically the length of her body).  I feel like it would be a unique style supported by the lore of FE7.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »
Team Ninja is doing this?

Where are breasts going to fit in the weapons triangle?