Author Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Aeolus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2017, 03:07:07 AM »
IMO the animations on Caeda and especially Tiki are embarrassingly bad. Not that the game looked that good to begin with.

I dunno, maybe it's just streamed videos being fuzzy unfocused crapheaps but I feel like Hyrule Warriors looked so much better than this. The mooks and the PCs look like they took assets from two separate games and threw them together.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2017, 09:33:47 AM »
IMO the animations on Caeda and especially Tiki are embarrassingly bad. Not that the game looked that good to begin with.

I dunno, maybe it's just streamed videos being fuzzy unfocused crapheaps but I feel like Hyrule Warriors looked so much better than this. The mooks and the PCs look like they took assets from two separate games and threw them together.

From what I've been hearing, this game is also going to be a clonefest as well. Lyn fights with two swords much like Ryoma does and Navarre is rumored to as well, Celica and Marth are basically running Zelda's moveset from HW, Caeda is basically Lance using Peg Knight no. 3, Elise is Faux Leo, Sakura is Takumini, and we're getting 1 Robin and Corrin for the price of 2. At least the Promotion Mechanic might shake things up (or it might not).

As for the visuals, nevermind the mooks, the weapon models are just awful looking in general.

Also, Azura has been deconfirmed. There will be no PC Lance using Infantry or Armored Knights in the base game (although there's always DLC ).

And yet, even as an awful Warriors/Musou game (seriously, where the hell is Camus or someone else not to pursue?), its still a better crossover than fucking TMS was.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2017, 06:35:39 PM »

From what I've been hearing, this game is also going to be a clonefest as well. Lyn fights with two swords much like Ryoma does and Navarre is rumored to as well, Celica and Marth are basically running Zelda's moveset from HW, Caeda is basically Lance using Peg Knight no. 3, Elise is Faux Leo, Sakura is Takumini, and we're getting 1 Robin and Corrin for the price of 2. At least the Promotion Mechanic might shake things up (or it might not).

As for the visuals, nevermind the mooks, the weapon models are just awful looking in general.

Also, Azura has been deconfirmed. There will be no PC Lance using Infantry or Armored Knights in the base game (although there's always DLC ).

And yet, even as an awful Warriors/Musou game (seriously, where the hell is Camus or someone else not to pursue?), its still a better crossover than fucking TMS was.
Okay lets break these down.

Lyn using two swords- I have no problem with this since she has two legendary weapons that were meant as a set. It makes sense for her to use both and in fact back before she was confirmed for the game, I thought her having two swords for her would make sense as her weapon (ideally with her swapping between the two swords based on heavy versus light attacks). However...

Ryoma using two swords- Wtf? I remember dual wielding was a thing for Swordmasters in Fates, but I'm 99.99% certain that his Prf weapon did not have it. So yeah fuck, Lyn doesn't have two swords because it makes sense for her but because that is the generic swordmaster moveset. That's lame.

Celica and Marth are basically running Zelda's moveset- Oh god damn it. That is one of the least interesting movesets from HW. Ugh. Oh HW, by the sounds of what I am reading you were a much better crossover game than this is shaping up to be.

Caeda is basically Lance using Peg Knight no. 3- I'd feel more outraged about them being clones if I could think of any fighting style characteristics that should give the three of them distinctions...but I can't.

Elise is Faux Leo, Sakura is Takumini- This game has so much wasted potential. They could have done interesting things with Elise and Sakura. And instead we have clones. Are there multiple teams at Koei-Tecmo that work on Warriors games? I feel like this has to be a different team then the one that made the freaking Zora Scale into a visually interesting weapon.

At least the Promotion Mechanic might shake things up (or it might not)- Considering the number of clones, I'm getting the feeling that any sort of class changing is just going to give you access to a generic moveset. >.>

There will be no PC Lance using Infantry or Armored Knights in the base game- So our only spear users are pegasi? Or am I forgetting someone. Also I am noticing a complete lack of armored infantry period.

The sheer number of clones really makes me hesitant to get this (assuming all this is true).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
Welp. TGS has basically come and gone and all we're left with in regards to this topic is the inevitable DLC. Looks like Navarre really won't be available for the base game, so his status as a clone to somebody is all but confirmed at this point (unless he's a background filling NPC in the base game). There'll be three packs to add in characters beyond the starters starting with Shadow Dragon, then Fates and finally Awakening. Additionally, Lucina will invoke her PXZ2 magical girl transformation powers to unleash Bride Lucina upon those who're willing to pay for it.

It's kinda unfortunate that this is the note this ends on, but not entirely unexpected as KT has basically mishandled the marketing for this game from the word go. But then, making a good FE crossover game just doesn't seem to be possible really.

Basically FEW2 when?

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2017, 12:29:43 PM »
I can still hold out hope that they'll throw in a character (like Ike) in those DLC packs for some fun. But yes, unfortunate that there is no immediate confirmation of such a thing in those DLC packs and just getting more of the same.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »
Welp. TGS has basically come and gone and all we're left with in regards to this topic is the inevitable DLC. Looks like Navarre really won't be available for the base game, so his status as a clone to somebody is all but confirmed at this point (unless he's a background filling NPC in the base game). There'll be three packs to add in characters beyond the starters starting with Shadow Dragon, then Fates and finally Awakening. Additionally, Lucina will invoke her PXZ2 magical girl transformation powers to unleash Bride Lucina upon those who're willing to pay for it.

It's kinda unfortunate that this is the note this ends on, but not entirely unexpected as KT has basically mishandled the marketing for this game from the word go. But then, making a good FE crossover game just doesn't seem to be possible really.

Basically FEW2 when?
Well it could be the opposite regarding Navarre. The mook swordmasters could use an incomplete version of his (incomplete) moveset. Thus they end up being the clones of him. Although I can't say I particularly cared about Navarre one way or another, so I'm not too sad to see that he is (inevitable) DLC.

And those DLC packs do not interest me in the slightest because I can not recall any characters that have particularly interesting attributes that could be used to make a moveset who are not already in the game...and what I am reading in this thread is making me think they didn't take advantage of those interesting attributes.

I disagree about it not being possible to make a good FE crossover game. It is certainly possible. Making a roster that satisfies everyone? Okay that is impossible. What they needed to focus on was what characters can you build interesting move sets around (and throw in some "expected" characters). Instead we just got "who is popular right now, except Ike because he doesn't count." While they could certainly build unique and interesting movesets around a lot of these characters, they apparently put in too many. >.>

Can't say I have high expectations for FEW2.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
You know what I think would make for a good crossover FE game? If they were to make a FE game in the style of Advance Wars or a RTS game. That would be something worth playing.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2017, 02:32:23 AM »
A few more characters that may or may not be playable.

Darius (the new original guy that's been seen hanging out with the twins)
Navarre
Owain
Oboro
Niles

Well, I'm glad they included Owain and Oboro. They're two of my favourites from their respective games.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2017, 06:27:57 AM »
A few more characters that may or may not be playable.

Darius (the new original guy that's been seen hanging out with the twins)
Navarre
Owain
Oboro
Niles

Well, I'm glad they included Owain and Oboro. They're two of my favourites from their respective games.

Sounds like we're also getting some villains as well in
Spoiler: show
Darius, Gharnef, Validar and Iago.

Well well. Looks like we got our Lance Infantry, Dio, and resident Do Not Pursue Proc Pursuit, even if they're non-starters.

Also, a preview of the game's promotion mechanic:

Nice job at finding a way to wear more armor that covers even less of you Camilla.

Guess this confirms that Marth's finally getting a promotion after 25+ years, and he's going to look Dynasty Warriors as fuck.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2017, 11:02:51 AM »
Do we have Nephenee or Oscar, yet?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 06:17:57 PM »
Unfortunately, no. I highly doubt we'll see any PoR or RD characters in this game. MAYBE Ike as DLC but that will be it.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2017, 10:41:05 PM »
Unfortunately, no. I highly doubt we'll see any PoR or RD characters in this game. MAYBE Ike as DLC but that will be it.

They're in Heroes though if you're up for that.

Unfortunately, we're probably not going to see anybody from Tellus, Jugdral or Magvel until FEW2.

Also, with the game out in Japan, gamers are blazing through the content to see the important shit like what everyone looks like with their promoted forms.

Unfortunately, its pretty obvious that Fates got the most love in this regard. Namely because most everyone from Awakening was unpromoted so all they got was their canon promoted form, while Archanea got the short end of the stick in this regard too. So while Marth finally promotes in this, all they gave him is a breastplate and shouldpads to wear over his usual outfit. Meanwhile Caeda got almost a full suit of plate mail to wear on her Wyvern Falcon and Tiki got some added gold bits and an underskirt for added frills action. Whereas Fates got Kings Ryoma and Xander, along with Heavy Metal Leo and the afore-pictured Dynasty Warriors Camilla. Lyn got better treatment compared to some of the others due to her status as Ms. Olde Skool Fanservice with more straps, some armor bits, more fitted form and less fabric overall (although, much like FEH, this is probably and primarily due to her confused ingame sprites in FE7). That said, the OCs surprisingly didn't fare all that well either.

Link for pics.

Other things to note: Even enemy Cavs and Pallies are Sword-locked; Jagens and Camuses need not apply. Though there are Enemy Armors and Halberdiers, the latter of which is what Oboro's a clone of (or vice-versa).

The game really smacks of KT overreaching and running out of time.

Numbers Edit: http://gematsu.com/2017/10/media-create-sales-92517-10117

Release numbers for this game's launch. Best described as 'Okay'. Better than some of the most recent Musou crossover games (including Musou Stars...barely), but the way KT went about this game is doing a number on it. It'll be another full week before we see where this goes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:52:17 PM by Aeolus »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
I'm impressed. I was considering this an auto-buy for me when it was first announced, and yet I just dropped my preorder earlier this week, which probably means I won't end up getting it long term. Just everything I have been hearing has managed to make me less hyped for the game.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2017, 09:12:50 AM »
Not be "that guy", but I'm kinda glad: I really didn't want more pressure to get a Switch.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons