Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Pixel Princess Blitz [ARPG]

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
[KICKSTARTER] Pixel Princess Blitz [ARPG]
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:33 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lanzegames/pixel-princess-blitz-sandbox-roguelike-action-rpg/description
A promising action RPG on Kickstarter right now.  I am a fan of the sprite work, and how aesthetically pleasing everything looks. Usually I am not into games with heavy rouge-like influences, but the sheer ambition of the project has won me over. The creator plans on having PS4,Vita, Xbox One, and Switch ports being available after the PC release.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Pixel Princess Blitz [ARPG]
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »
I've never seen a project in more desperate need of a different title.

That said, it looks charming as anything.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
Usually I am not into games with heavy rouge-like influences, but the sheer ambition of the project has won me over.

I can certainly see that, though it still kind of kills my interest. I mean, I am at the point where any project that puts buzzwords like "Retro" and "Rogue-like" and "open-world sandbox" are breaking their own kneecaps before attempting the 60m Hurdle Race that is my attention span. It's not pretty.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:35:09 PM »
I see estimated delivery just for Early Access is March, 2018. Over a year away just for early access? It will undoubtedly be delayed too (like almost every Kickstarter game). In my experience, I've been a lot less excited about a game I backed 1, 2 or even 3+ years later.

Having said that, it looks cute and interesting and could be fun.