Author Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Echoes
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2017, 04:35:47 AM »
You can spend your time cutting grass, or you can sell wine and stuff.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:07:56 AM by Starmongoose »

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
You can spend your time cutting grass, or you can sell wine and stuff.

Of course they completely disabled the Alcohol Consumption. I'm honestly surprised they didn't bother to relabel the spirits into things like Coffee and Tea, as you go down to the various Cafes to nick the stuff. Either way though, you can either sell them or burn them at Mila Statues to restore Stamina.

Also, it seems that you don't actually need to fully forge your weapons to evolve them.

Also also, I'm liking the VA thus far. I can only hope that the other characters are as well done.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
Yeah, you can just forge for level 1 for like 10 silver and then evolve.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

eightbitsamurai

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2017, 05:18:24 PM »
For people like me who might miss it and want to save themselves a headache in Act III:

Spoiler: show
Go back to the port after finishing the mission with the Pegasus Sisters. They'll be there...not further ahead. Not sure if there's a cut-off point to recruiting them but I had to go back and fight people on the way to get to them when I could have easily taken two steps back after that mission and gotten them immediately. They'll make the assault on the desert fortress further on MUCH easier.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
I almost got tempted to buy this game on Saturday, but...then I saw this article and decided to wait it out. I'm not against season passes on principle, but I kind of draw the line at charging more for the pass than the game inself. Granted it looks like a lot of stuff, but if there's a chance that they'll re-release it with all the previous content, I'll take it. I waited a long time for Fire Emblem Gaiden to come to the US, and I can wait another year or two to play it if it means getting more content at an affordable price...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
I almost got tempted to buy this game on Saturday, but...then I saw this article and decided to wait it out. I'm not against season passes on principle, but I kind of draw the line at charging more for the pass than the game inself. Granted it looks like a lot of stuff, but if there's a chance that they'll re-release it with all the previous content, I'll take it. I waited a long time for Fire Emblem Gaiden to come to the US, and I can wait another year or two to play it if it means getting more content at an affordable price...
Has Nintendo really ever done a "complete edition" of a game? The closest I can think of would be the recent Mario Kart which had all the DLC when ported to the Switch, but I wouldn't really expect Echoes to get a port a year from now since there is a new FE coming for the Switch. So I'd put the chances of them doing a rerelease with all DLC at 0%. If you want to try to wait it out for a price drop, that is your business, but I wouldn't recommend waiting on something that isn't going to happen.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2017, 11:16:13 PM »

That wasn't the case for me, although I went and got the Special Edition. But then if you count the Amiibo as DLC then yeah, I spent more on the DLC than the game. Though to be fair, if this was 1993, I could see myself spending upwards to $90-$100 90s bux on the NES cart (had that actually happened (or I were capable of collecting and spending $100+ bux on a videogame by then (it took a joint effort to get my hands on Megaman X3 and that didn't cost as much (but then I would've probably had missed it altogether back then and I probably would've gotten it through a retro videogame store for like $30 00's bux instead (no I wouldn't, because of that one NP article detailing Zigudo's Holy War would've caught my attention just the same and I would've tracked down Gaiden as a close enough deal, even if I had to have spent Snatcher levels of money on getting it (then again I was stupid enough to walk away from a $30 bux copy of Shining Force CD and I still haven't lived that one down yet (retrogaming is hard))))))).

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2017, 11:30:15 PM »
Has Nintendo really ever done a "complete edition" of a game? The closest I can think of would be the recent Mario Kart which had all the DLC when ported to the Switch, but I wouldn't really expect Echoes to get a port a year from now since there is a new FE coming for the Switch. So I'd put the chances of them doing a rerelease with all DLC at 0%. If you want to try to wait it out for a price drop, that is your business, but I wouldn't recommend waiting on something that isn't going to happen.

MK is proof enough for me. But yeah, I'll wait as long as it takes, because I have better things to spend $45 on, yet I find it hard to get into a game when I know I'm financially incentivized against loving it.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 06:40:56 AM »

MK is proof enough for me. But yeah, I'll wait as long as it takes, because I have better things to spend $45 on, yet I find it hard to get into a game when I know I'm financially incentivized against loving it.
Well alright, enjoy never playing the game then?

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »

Well alright, enjoy never playing the game then?

...Not gonna be that hard, now that I think about it. *Points to backlog* I guess eveything works out in the end, so...carry on. ;;<_<

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 05:49:10 PM »
I bought this game over the weekend and put about 5 hours in. I'm enjoying the lack of a weapons triangle gameplay (not that I want to trash it but its a nice change of pace). It feels like I'm playing a new Shining Force game which I only wanted to play for almost 2 decades now. Plus thankfully your mages and clerics can actually take a punch now.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »
One thing that should be mentioned is that Valentia seems to run on a Hyrule Economy. Be prepared to cut some grass/boxes/jars/coral/etc... for Silver Marks and Side-Quest items.

Also currently heading into Part 3.

The term Hyrule economy cracks me up.  Indeed, the country's deficit seems to be in jars. :P
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 11:34:18 PM »
Well the difficulty just got turned up in Act 3.

I get the feeling that Faye is going to go Yandere. I did make her a Paladin and she's just annilinating enemy ranks. She's probably my strongest character right now.

On the Celica side, Mae is the one doing all the work.

I keep thinking Saber is voiced by Denis Leary. They sound exactly alike (its actually the same VA as Shindo from P5).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:39:46 PM by Rook »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »
Well the difficulty just got turned up in Act 3.

I get the feeling that Faye is going to go Yandere. I did make her a Paladin and she's just annilinating enemy ranks. She's probably my strongest character right now.

On the Celica side, Mae is the one doing all the work.

Faye, being the new character, isn't as tied down to preexisting Growths as the other units are, so she's allowed to go overboard on them (which is especially noticeable since the Angel Ring got hella nerfed (still pretty fucking broken as +20 Luck is still a noticeable amount in terms of affecting Avoid rates) and Gaiden's growths by and large sucked).

Mae's even more beastly now in Echoes since everybody got better growths (now you can actually proc Res and not have to rely entirely upon gear, Lionhead Fountain bonuses or Dreadfighters for your anti-Witch needs) and Mages are still broke ass motherfuckers even in spite of the nerfs. Though her biggest issue still remains (Watch your HP Meter).

Anyways, I went with Sonya even in spite of her taking the nerf bat since Deen is still a dork and would be Celica's fifth goddamn Mercenary/Myrmidon/Dreadfighter, while they gave her Rewarp and a good redesign.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2017, 04:15:52 PM »
25 hours in. I'm enjoying the tactics more than previous FEs. I no longer have to be worried that my say Pegasus Knight is going to get obliterated by 1 freaking arrow and it still has a very decent challenge to it.

There was also a cutscene with Forsyth after he died in previous act.