Re: Fire Emblem Echoes
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 02:09:30 AM »
Ok so there's a

Fire Emblem Echoes
Fire Emblem Heroes
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia

and

Fire Emblem Warriors

All in like a... 4 months period? Is that right... I guess that's what I'm seeing...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:50 AM »
It's Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, so there instead of four.

Heroes was released in februari and is a mobile title. Echoes was releases in May on 3DS and is a remake of an old main series installment. Fire Emblem Warriors for Wii U won't be released until autumn and is a Muso style game.

They're all very different game on very different platforms

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 02:40:27 AM »
It's Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, so there instead of four.

Heroes was released in februari and is a mobile title. Echoes was releases in May on 3DS and is a remake of an old main series installment. Fire Emblem Warriors for Wii U won't be released until autumn and is a Muso style game.

They're all very different game on very different platforms

For Wii U? Not the Switch?

I see Echoes is a remake, so that's why "Echoes" seemed to be like an old school FE, because it literally is one...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 02:56:31 AM »
Sorry, Switch. Somehow I keep forgetting they repackaged that hardware.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2017, 03:03:10 AM »
Sorry, Switch. Somehow I keep forgetting they repackaged that hardware.

Zam! Tomato-chan you seem a bit mad and it makes me sad =-(

Is it rad that I'm that bad with rhymes? It should be a crime!

Water falls
Quickly to the console
I go

Haiku by Artimicia

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 03:26:28 AM »
It Artimicia...

Also, there's a mainline title on the way for the Switch, as well as a N3/2DS version of FE:Warriors.

So in total you have:
FE:Heroes released in February
FE:Echoes released in May
FE:Warriors released in Fall
FE:Switch released in TBD

That's still a shitload of activity for this series (compared to back in the day when you could only hope for a new installment once every couple of years).

Also also, Art.
Your Haiku skills need work.
Its Five, Seven, Five.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2017, 12:53:34 PM »
It Artimicia...

Also, there's a mainline title on the way for the Switch, as well as a N3/2DS version of FE:Warriors.

So in total you have:

That's still a shitload of activity for this series (compared to back in the day when you could only hope for a new installment once every couple of years).

Also also, Art.
Its Five, Seven, Five.

Yeah I was wondering how it was because I went back and FE wasn't even in the US and then they had Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn which were years apart if I'm not mistaken.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »
It Artimicia...

So in total you have:

Also also, Art.
Its Five, Seven, Five.

Yeah I was wondering how it was because I went back and FE wasn't even in the US and then they had Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn which were years apart if I'm not mistaken.

2 Years. 2005 was PoR and 2007 was RD. Additionally Shadow Dragon came out in 2009, New Mystery of the Emblem got skipped (but would've come out in late 2010/early 2011), Awakening came out in 2012 in Japan and early 2013 in NA, and Fates came out in mid 2015 in Japan and early 2016 in NA.

Going backwards: Sacred Stones came out in 2004 in Japan/early 2005 in NA, and Blazing Sword came out in 2003 for both regions.

For Japan Only: Binding Blade came out in 2002 (right after SSBM no less), Thracia 776 came out in 2000 (on the motherfucking Super Famicom no less), the BS chapters came out in 1997, Genealogy came out in 1996, OG Mystery of the Emblem came out in 1992, Gaiden (the game that Echoes is a remake of) came out in 1991, and OG Shadow Dragon came out in 1990.

Generally, after the Super Famicom era (and the Sacred Stones exception), FE games have been coming out once every 2 years. Now we've got four of them within the same year. Its kinda crazy (and no I'm not counting TMS because I'm counting FE games, not Persona games, I'd be here all day if I tried researching and listing all of those release dates because once I go through Persona I'd have to list the other SMT games and their spinoffs and so on).

(And the "Just because I'm this deep already and to be fucking pedantic" games: Tear Ring Saga came out in 2001, Berwick Saga came out in 2005, and Vestaria Saga 'part 1' came out in 2016.)

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 03:53:14 AM »
It Artimicia...

So in total you have:

Also also, Art.
Its Five, Seven, Five.

2 Years. 2005 was PoR and 2007 was RD. Additionally Shadow Dragon came out in 2009, New Mystery of the Emblem got skipped (but would've come out in late 2010/early 2011), Awakening came out in 2012 in Japan and early 2013 in NA, and Fates came out in mid 2015 in Japan and early 2016 in NA.

Going backwards: Sacred Stones came out in 2004 in Japan/early 2005 in NA, and Blazing Sword came out in 2003 for both regions.

For Japan Only: Binding Blade came out in 2002 (right after SSBM no less), Thracia 776 came out in 2000 (on the motherfucking Super Famicom no less), the BS chapters came out in 1997, Genealogy came out in 1996, OG Mystery of the Emblem came out in 1992, Gaiden (the game that Echoes is a remake of) came out in 1991, and OG Shadow Dragon came out in 1990.

Generally, after the Super Famicom era (and the Sacred Stones exception), FE games have been coming out once every 2 years. Now we've got four of them within the same year. Its kinda crazy (and no I'm not counting TMS because I'm counting FE games, not Persona games, I'd be here all day if I tried researching and listing all of those release dates because once I go through Persona I'd have to list the other SMT games and their spinoffs and so on).

(And the "Just because I'm this deep already and to be fucking pedantic" games: Tear Ring Saga came out in 2001, Berwick Saga came out in 2005, and Vestaria Saga 'part 1' came out in 2016.)

Yeah my Haiku skills suck, it's been too many years, ah well.

But yeah your knowledge skills are impressive *fierce bowing*

But I still think my instinct that there's a lot of activity with FE is correct... cause they have the old games to remaster that never came out here and are basically just doing that now.

I saw a mention on gamefaqs they might also do Blinding Blade.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »
Yo, anyone got some advice on when to promote your units? Should I be waiting until level 20 for every unit or promote as soon as I can? I've noticed that there is a pretty decent experience drop off after reaching level 10. Is it worth getting those last 10 levels then promoting or promoting and being able to level up faster. I've been promoting my physical characters at around level 10 and my mages at level 20 since the mages seem to keep up with the enemy units better than the physical units do. The physical units tend to start falling behind the enemies until promoted.

Any input would be dope!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »
Yo, anyone got some advice on when to promote your units? Should I be waiting until level 20 for every unit or promote as soon as I can? I've noticed that there is a pretty decent experience drop off after reaching level 10. Is it worth getting those last 10 levels then promoting or promoting and being able to level up faster. I've been promoting my physical characters at around level 10 and my mages at level 20 since the mages seem to keep up with the enemy units better than the physical units do. The physical units tend to start falling behind the enemies until promoted.

Any input would be dope!

Generally you should promote when you can since promotion gains in this game only raise a character's stats to the base stat of the Class that they are promoting into. For instance, if you are promoting a Level 7 Soldier with 24 HP, 13 Str and 8 Def into a Knight, that character will gain +10 HP, + 3 Str and + 4 Def (on top of any other differences). If you promote a Level 17 Soldier with 30 HP, 16 Str and 11 Def into a Knight, that character will gain +4 HP and +1 Def. The only reason to really hold off is if you want to gamble on getting stats outside of their Class specialty (i.e. Skill and Spd for a Soldier/Knight/Baron, Str and Def for a Mercenary/Myrmidon/Dread Fighter, HP and Def for Mages/Sages or Mages/Priestesses/Princess, Anything but Luck and Res for Clerics/Saints). I should also mention that if a character's stats are better than their promoted Class's bases across the board, then their promotion gains will consist of +1 HP.

The only exceptions to consider are Chapter 6 (which is a post-game challenge mode and is designed around you level grinding to keep up) and your Lords Alm and Celica due to their plot promotions (they only get the one outside of DLC so they'll appreciate whatever stats they can get their hands on (of course, they've fixed Celica's promotion gains so that she isn't just getting +1 HP as the consolation promo gain)).

There's also one additional wrinkle to consider. Dread Fighters have an unusual trait where they can promote all the way back to Villager. They don't lose anything from the transition beyond the Dread Fighter's battle traits and the character can then promote from Villager to any of the base Classes, including Mercenary again so that they can climb back up to Myrmidon, then Dread Fighter, then back to Villager again and again. Or they can opt to take a different road and become Cavaliers, Soldiers, Archers or Mages (and unlike Gaiden, the Mercenary/Myrmidon characters have better spells to learn beyond Fire, Recover and one other random spell like Excalibur or Sagittae). I should also append this by saying that this only applies to Male Villagers since Female Villagers (i.e. Faye + whomever gets the Pitchfork DLC) cannot become Dread Fighters. Its the only Class the loop applies to.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2017, 01:58:47 AM »
^^^^^^ All of this was very useful by the way. It made the game a lot more fun for me to promote when available. It is just really exciting for some reason.

Ended up beating this game today. I'm glad that I was in the final dungeon because I was getting a bit worn out from this game. Overall I thought it was quite good. The maps were a little lacking, but I found the difficulty pretty challenging in this FE playing on Hard-Classic. The lack of a weapon triangle was refreshing as well. Mila's Turnwheel was an excellent addition to the game and prevented what would have been a shitload of frustration. Only ended up losing 3 units. 2 of them during the final battle and just decided to say "Fuck it" and keep going. The dungeons were fine, could go with or without them honestly.

Good, maybe even great Fire Emblem game. Looking forward to the Switch game that is in development.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
^Glad to help.

Anyways, just beat the game myself not too long ago, and one scene in particular
Spoiler: show
the scene where Alm guts Celica like a fish
got me thinking about three things (two during the actual scene, and one thing humorous enough to get thrown in there).

First is that, I found myself preferring the original final dungeon sequence over Echoes', partly because Celica was less of an idiot in that one, but mostly, I liked the idea of Alm's race against the Celica's Crew's HP clock (even if it was largely cosmetic).

The second is that they've gotten better about doing cutscenes and at that point, I started picturing what some of the other games' major story beats would look like as cutscenes. And then I pictured Yield and its subsequent barbecue and I (let me know if the image isn't working).

And the third was the eventual realization that Alm apparently took a page out of Corrin's book during this scene and learned how to set his sword to stun.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »
I'm at the final battle, and I'm finding it pretty frustrating to say the least. Jedah is such a massive pain. I keep miscounting how many times I've attacked, then attack with the wrong unit when his shield is down. Sigh. Also, what's with the mage up the back who auto takes any unit down to 1HP? Poor Alm didn't stand a chance :( Not to mention Upheval from big boss-man. I feel like there's a lot of trial an error in this battle, which rubs me the wrong way since it's so long. Sigh.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2017, 07:46:37 PM »
I'm at the final battle, and I'm finding it pretty frustrating to say the least. Jedah is such a massive pain. I keep miscounting how many times I've attacked, then attack with the wrong unit when his shield is down. Sigh. Also, what's with the mage up the back who auto takes any unit down to 1HP? Poor Alm didn't stand a chance :( Not to mention Upheval from big boss-man. I feel like there's a lot of trial an error in this battle, which rubs me the wrong way since it's so long. Sigh.

The Medusa Spell is what's dropping your teammate's HP down to 1 when hit by it. Its a spell seen earlier from Nuibaba (presuming you fought that fight). Fortunately Dread Fighters are a hard counter to it as is the Hexlock Shield as they have properties that cut Medusa's effect down to only half of their total health instead of all but a single point of it.

Meanwhile Upheaval only comes up every couple of turns, so you just need to hang back and wait for it to go off before going on the offensive.

Jedah is mostly just a Death and Mogall flinging obstacle. He's dangerous, but he also won't move so you could Warp other combatants past him to clean house and then Alm to finish the job.

Slaying Sonya's sisters will also get rid of their respective Witches, though they are pretty strong.