Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1035 on: December 27, 2017, 06:19:56 AM »
All 3 new seals are absurdly good. Iote's Shield is self-explanatory, and it makes flying mages even worse than they already were. Yet again Arena Assault gets worse because you can't just cheese them with some random Gordin you have sitting around anymore. Tanky fliers like Michalis, Beruka and Subaki will be able to laugh off archers too (Subaki in particular can now play around with Berkut's Lance to patch up his RES if he wants for a mixed tank build).

Sharena could run a triple debuff build, but I've already put Threaten SPD on her C slot so I guess I could instead stick it on Raven, who already has Threaten DEF.

With Heavy Blade as a  Sacred Seal I guess I could just make all my Ikes eat each other now, though I dunno if I should leave one of them sitting around in case some weird build calls for it.

Anyway I promoted one of my 3* Fredericks to 4*. Apparently I had a -HP +ATK one just sitting around. I fed him a variety of skills, most notably Brave Axe, Reposition and Drag Back, so he's doing pretty nicely with a cheapo build.

This TT is pretty awful though, especially since I'm forced to use an armor (preferably 2 so Armor March goes off). With Masked Lucina as my healer it means I'm not running any 2-range units, and this wastes a lot of turns on the final map as well as the one where the enemies start in a fort.

Honestly though, more copies of Masked Marth isn't so bad, I think I prefer her over Tobin, who's still mediocre, or Clive, who's an okay physical tank but is completely outclassed by Camus and now Berkut. More copies of BK or Joshua would be nice but I doubt we'll get them anytime soon.

And we have out second Legendary Hero coming, and it's Fjorm's oneechan as expected, although it bothers the hell out of my OCD that she's a princess of an Ice Kingdom wielding an Ice tome and special but is considered our Wind hero (Yeah I know Blizzard has been a Wind tome before, but still). That B-slot skill on her is just absurd, there's no HP or positional requirements at all and it's likely your lowest-DEF unit will be your high-RES counter for Reinhardt, and we all know we're just going to be seeing a team of her alongside Reinhardt and Lyn everywhere (especially if we get one of her for free...but the trailer seems to indicate otherwise).

The rest of the banner is...actually kinda underwhelming. 8% is nice, but we have lots of good units but not any "great" ones IMO. I'll probably still dump my orbs though, if only for a chance at some seasonal units I don't own (or maybe even a better Spring Chrom).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 27, 2017, 06:46:16 AM »
Hah, I did the same with some random +atk Frederick I had sitting around! Only I promoted him to 5* for collection reasons. He's running along side Nowi, "Marth" and Lucina. The bonus may only be 20% but a fully boosted team makes this T_T a piece of cake.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows banner. I have over 180 orbs saved up and aside from Fjorm and Elise I don't have any of those characters.

With Heavy Blade as a  Sacred Seal I guess I could just make all my Ikes eat each other now, though I dunno if I should leave one of them sitting around in case some weird build calls for it.

Fill in that survey and beg for trading so you can give one to me. My Soren is sad that I'm too good a tactician to let him hang out with Brave Ike all the time. I'm sorry, Soren, but fielding two greens rarely makes sense.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 27, 2017, 04:45:57 PM »
Oh hey, powercreeped Cecilia. I was hoping for one of those. I might even start to care about Arena Assault with a second hard counter to Bowlyns and Reinhardts (now I just need 5 more Green Tome Calvary to cover the rest of the spread).

As for the rest of the banner, I already have many of the units, including the important ones of Spring Lucina, Bride Lyn, Amelia, Brave Roy and two Fjorm. Sigurd, Elise, Charlotte and of course Gunnthra would be ideal to pull, but the odds aren't looking good and I'm still sitting on a painful 4.0 pity rate for the Seasonal units. Unfortunately, Gunnthra (or really, any Green Cav Mages) is basically essential as dealing with the Reinhardt/Bowlyn combo still makes or breaks the meta right now and I highly doubt that we'll be so lucky to get her for free.

Edit: Better make my going pity rates 4.25% and 8.50% respectfully (and nothing to show for it; even the Jagen and Gwendolyn I got were 3 stars). Dammit, what the hell was that Trashumi for if I'm still pulling up trash?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:49:15 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 28, 2017, 03:36:25 AM »
Pulled some units from the Legendary banner. Got Brave Roy, Amelia and a decent amount of fodder.

MORE IMPORTANTLY

SEE THAT FIRST ONE? I NEED THAT

Seriously. Half of the time in the castle he's talking about soup and how we should make some and then I'm like, yeah, soup for dinner is nice and a day later the traditional erwtensoep is done and my neighbour drops by to pick up her package and I'm like "I have soup. Would you like some soup?" and she's like "Sure!" and now we're friends.

I think I'll make soup today.

Well, tomorrow. Those peas need to soak overnight first.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 28, 2017, 05:11:56 AM »
I see they got the king of pretty men (Tobi) to draw Takumi this time. Seeing Takumi with lots of RES feels weird though. Anyway he pretty much deposes every other dagger and comes with a really good weapon (I think it's kinda lame to bar what's essentially the Slaying Dagger behind an event unit though).

Me though, I'm gonna go for Azura of course. Aside from being a pretty lady she's a flying dancer (and she comes with Hone Fliers if that wasn't reason enough)- guess it was only a matter of time before they started adding those. Let's just hope horse dancers never become a thing.

With the New Years banner being so disgustingly good I only did one pull session in the new Legendary banner, but I got pretty lucky (?) by pulling both a Ryoma and Fjorm. Ryoma is -SPD and Fjorm is -DEF so they're both basically useless. I'll probably merge the Fjorm and Ryoma has no interesting skills to pass on so I guess he can sit around and shoot lightning at birds in the castle courtyard or whatever.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 28, 2017, 05:38:45 AM »
I'm just happy he looks happy for once.

Actually, I'm happy with most of the banner. Except Camilla. She had her time in the seasonal spotlight already and look, she's smuggling melons from the summer banner. Any other Nohrian royal would have been better.

Elise - There's no way this couldn't have been adorable and wholesome.
Leo - He got kind of screwed over last time (especially compared to Spingmilla, who's definitely part of the meta)
Xander - To complete Xander Emblem! And to have a Hoshido Xander before the return of actual normal regular Nohrian Xander!

Or, you know, no Nohrian scum ruining the soup. Where's Hinoka? Ryoma?!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 28, 2017, 06:02:55 AM »
Oh hey, we needed more Red Sword Fliers (and Axe using Azuras). Sucks to be F2P right now though between Christmas Armors, Legendary 2 and now this.

Also, lol at a 2 Range Sword and Axe. Also fuck these people for making a Flying Dancer(Singer), and all the Whales who'll be fielding her along with Meta Emblem. At least they're also bringing Flier Emblem buffs in the continued quest to finally show some love to Fliers and Armors.

Meanwhile Takumi got a Killer/Slayer Dagger which, apparently, nobody had yet (I'd argue that Neko Sakura is better than him due to Mages being annoying assholes but he's better on a general basis), and Corrin got screwed (he Auras and Buffs like all hell, but its all in Def/Res; at least he's the first playable Archer to finally have Generics' stat spread).

Edit: Part of me is pissed that I failed a Lunatic 7 Run during one of the day's bonus multiplier runs. Then I recall that the run started with Sanaki, Delthea, Reinhardt and Genny tucked away in that awful Fort, and the subsequent stages only went downhill from there.

New Years Edit: Lol, Corrin's so bad, they're giving him away (and actually, I'll be glad if they really are curtailing seasonal banners from four units down to three as it means fewer missed opportunities for F2Pers who might get one or two, and less instances of 'one really good unit; three units I rather do without versus breaking my pity rate').
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:52:55 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 29, 2017, 05:01:35 AM »
Well, happy news for Tomara I guess, she can get pity broken by Mist or someone instead of Corrin.

I'm actually wondering if I should dump my orbs into the Legendary banner and then spend orbs from January into the New Years banner since it lasts much longer. Of course, there's supposedly another Legendary banner at the end of January.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 29, 2017, 06:05:12 AM »
The best thing about being pity broken by Mist is that her name perfectly describes both the situation and her value as a unit.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 30, 2017, 02:01:17 AM »
The best thing about being pity broken by Mist is that her name perfectly describes both the situation and her value as a unit.

Ehh, she was okay for the Tellus T_T when all I had was her, Titania and eventually Bonkey Kong for bonus units, and since I already have her, the recent Staffbot upgrade made her not totally garbage.

That said, I wouldn't wish her on anybody at this point. Especially since Bride Lyn's back and Genny is still the preferable staffbot pity breaker.

Edit: Also of course as soon as I post, the game updates and we're now graced with a new BHeB. Yes, they sound kinda like a couple, and yes, we're finally seeing the devs use those upgraded staffs in their challenges.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:13:14 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 30, 2017, 04:21:03 AM »
Edit: Also of course as soon as I post, the game updates and we're now graced with a new BHeB. Yes, they sound kinda like a couple, and yes, we're finally seeing the devs use those upgraded staffs in their challenges.

But Klein's Harem is still the solution. Oh well.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 30, 2017, 09:10:55 AM »
Haven't done the new BHB, but I did take my free pull and got a 4* Maria with bad stats.

Also went and sunk 60 more orbs into the Legendary banner. First two sessions gave me some okay fodder (and a third Tailtiu with bad stats still), but my third pull was pretty magical because aside from another 4* Bartre to put in a pile, I got a Brave Roy (+HP -RES) and the prize pull Gunnthra (+DEF -SPD). Neither of them are a good set but at least they're not unsalvageable ones, and that's good enough for me.

EDIT: Perhaps as punishment for my moderately good luck on the Legendary banner, I dumped all my ~120 orbs into the New Years banner today and have come out pretty much empty-handed. Lots of sessions with no greens whatsoever like usual, and no 5*s so far, so my pity rate's at 4.25%. January starts tomorrow and lots of time left on the banner though, so I'll probably be able to get something, at least.

Didn't get too many interesting fodder units either, though I did get a -SPD +DEF Beruka, who might be fun to build at some point. I also got a -HP +DEF Lukas, but with all the units I'd like to play with I'd probably wait for one with -SPD or -RES before I bother.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:30:02 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 31, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »
I really hope Ryoma wins this VG just to spite all of the seasonal units. And the game's lack of love for the Prince of Dorkness continues to grow more apparent by his lack of relevance to upcoming events.

Also, what the crap? They're running a VG concurrently with a T_T? Why the hell?

That said, I went and pulled today and its a Christmas Miracle (on New Year's Eve) as I managed to salvage my pity rate and finally pull a Christmas Robin and Lissa (and Lissa's traits don't suck even, she trades Res for more Def, but I think their weapons can be forged to make her into Sheena mk2; Robin wasn't as lucky as he trades Def for more HP which is just a bad trade all around). Now if we weren't half way into the T_T their 40%ing (I guess its still better than the alternative; plus, now I've got two horses for the VG race; too bad neither have even a Santa's Little Helper's chance of winning).

NY Banner can wait due to that one lasting an entire month (unlike the fucking Whalemas or Legends of Not-Happening-for-F2P-Scum Twomorrow Banners), plus I'd rather wait and see what kind of hot garbage they spring on us in regards to the NYCorrin.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 01, 2018, 03:05:51 AM »
You guys ruin everything and I hate you ;_;

Oh well. Guess you haven't lived until Maria ruined your day. Might as well level a confession out of her...

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 01, 2018, 03:15:34 AM »
Well, Maria is probably the best infantry healer (aside from Bridal Lyn) so you might get some use out of her, at least?

If it makes you feel any better, my pity rate also just put out and gave me Minerva with noodle arms (+HP -ATK), so she can sit there and look cool in her armor alongside that -SPD Ryoma I pulled earlier.