Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1095 on: January 27, 2018, 07:28:25 AM »
I myself beat Lyon with an ultimate Voltron team of Fire Emblem Heroes cheese, by which I mean I used Reinhardt, Nino, Leon and a dancer. Only way to improve (worsen?) it is to have a good Bridal Cordelia in there instead of Leon, but alas, the one I have is -ATK. I tried using Nino + 3 Dancers before that (which works for the majority of the game) but there's a decent number of high-RES enemies in this one including Lyon himself, and even with a charged special Nino couldn't do her best on him.

As for Lyon himself, I don't think his DEF being lower than Sophia's is that big a deal because it's still higher than pretty much every other Red mage (well, except Henry but you don't want to be Henry) and standard Raven builds mean you'll give him skills to compensate for that anyway (plus I think it's better for Sophia to run +ATK than +DEF to secure KOs anyway so Lyon is basically just that). It just really sucks they gave him such a terrible base set. Drive RES is okay but not worth eating a copy of him for, and ATK/RES does compliment him but his stat spread screams triangle adept or distant defense- kinda wish they had given him the latter since they gave Close Defense to Joshua and all.

The weapon update is a pleasant surprise, though F to pay respect is necessary for any fans of these characters who fed them all kinds of weapons, particularly people who gave Kitty Paddle to Felicia. My Raven and Hinoka both still use their native Brave weapons since they already work really well with them, but I welcome giving them new life because both of them fall into the "really good, but are just outclassed" slot. In Hinoka's case Cordelia is basically just her with more speed, and Cherche can do most of what you want Raven to except while flying. Weird that Camilla's not included too, but she's doing pretty well in CYL and she already has like 3 seasonal variants so I guess that balances out somewhat.

Looking forward to the Eggs-sax and Falchion upgrades too. Surprised they didn't separate Chrom and Lucina's upgrades if they were going to separate them at all seeing as how they play completely differently. They should get around to doing the Binding Blade, Sieglinde and Askran starter upgrades before people riot though.

Sets an interesting precedent in any case, I've already said that I would like to see personal skills on every unit if possible if only to make sure every unit always has something unique to offer- hope they don't limit themselves to weapons though, since you still want the generic weapons to have a use.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:34:07 AM by Hathen »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 27, 2018, 09:54:30 AM »
I just found out I have a +spd -hp 4* Raven. I've decided to level him up and hoard SP. If Basilikos is awesome, he'll get to be a 5*. ... Actually, I'll probably promote him eventually anyway, because a shitton of speed and a Brave weapon are a LOT of fun.

Then I looked at my Felicia, and she is also +spd and -hp. Could be worse.

My Lucina? +spd but, wait for it, -def!

I think I spotted a trend...

(I also have a +spd, -def Chrom, but fortunately he is not the only Chrom I have. Meanwhile, my Alm is -spd and +res, and I'm just going to pretend this makes him more effective at killing dragons.)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 27, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »
It works out for me since my Raven is +Res/-Atk so he couldn't leverage his Brave Axe+ for shit.

It also means that now I've got to look at and promote one of my Felicias (probably should wait until I see what her Fire Emblem Collector's Plate does since it'll need to do a lot to shore up her awful Atk or shorten her Iceberg special, not that I have much of a choice as both of mine are Neutral) and Caedas (of course my choices here are +HP/-Res or +Spd/-Def). Still don't have a Hinoka or anybody capable of using a Falchion that isn't also wearing a Mask (I'll be pissed if Super Famicom does away with the Renewal effect and/or makes MM's Combat Medic status obsolete).

Hopefully Zephiel's X-Sex gains Distant Counter or someshit since he's no longer competing with Draug alone but with the same DC Sword Armor twice over, an X-Striking Brick Shithouse, and Bikini Party Winter (and hell, Armor March alone made his baked in Threaten Def fairly obsolete, nevermind the Atk Smoke or Atk/Def Ploy Seals).

Shipping Edit: Now that I've finally caught up with my backlog, it just occurred to me that the game was trying to tell me something when I pulled both Nu Eirika and L'Arachel together, so now they're building a Support Rank together. Pretty solid synergy gameplay wise since I could slot both of them into Mounted Emblem with some modifications, and its thematic as well since they were pretty damn close to each other in FE8. Poor Seth is going to have to wait for Brave Eirika before he can become the first guy in Eirika's Shoujo Adventures again (my other Eirika is supporting Ephraim despite it being mechanically sub-optimal as all hell), and Lyon's gonna have to wait until Summer Eirika or something to get his share (while Nu Eirika is basically the 'Seduced to the Lyon-side of the Formortis' variant, he doesn't have enough going for him to Raven support her). Of course, this might all change if I get my hands on a Tana.

New Years Edit: Dropped an Orb to give it one more go and finally got a unit off of the NY banner. A neutral Pazura. Also scored a Camilla, but the wrong one (also 4 stars so no chance to update my current one). A 4 star Sheena and a two Hanas rounded out the rest of the pull. Now I can put this one on ignore too.

That said, they recently announced a 15 minute Feh Channel later today (or tomorrow if you're still stuck on a Monday). So expect deets on the First Anniversary events, CYL mk II's results, the new L'Aforge, the next Story Modo chapter (possibly with a free Gunnthra since it seems the plot (such as it is) is getting there), the Legendary Banner, the next t_t, and maybe the next actual Banner (or possibly a long overdue overhaul on the Common Pool; I got a good feeling that we might finally see such luminaries as Castor, Matthis, Julian, Lena, Astohl, Hugh, Dorothy, Garret, Vaike, Miriel, Maribelle, Libra, Charlotte, Benny, Nyx, Hayato and some other jobbers).

Happy Anniversary Edit: Well the above was an almost complete swing and a miss. We got our next Legendary: Ike the 3rd (what? you expected an OC? giving him Earth to match his busted PoR/RD Affinity was a nice touch?), and some Anniversary events (like a week of repeat GHeBs, topping off with our first Xander ReGHeB and some kind of Elite GHeB, or a bunch of Daily Prologue Maps, and 50 Orbs dumped onto our laps), but everything else consisted of more voting (you know, replacing VGs with something that'll net you a free 5 star character would actually be a solid improvement; though we'd lose out on the Poprocks and Coins from doing the VGs 15 times; honestly, its not a terrible loss), a Harmoknight Defense Clicker (not lighting my fire emblem, especially since its a timed event and my phone's touch screen sucks), Training Maps (this could actually be good, or a poor man's substitute for the Warriors Maps), Heroes Fest 4 (even more Ike, with Sigurd, Nephenee and Bowlyn along for the ride) and some more Dev Maps. Even Anna's appearance was little more than to eat caik alongside the Askr siblings, Fjorm and Effie. The saddest part was that the video started while I was listening to Trump talk about a North Korean refugee in the background (talk about mood whiplash; not that I wasn't already suffering from mood whiplash from his talk about MS-13, Gitmo II: Electrified Bungalow and the New Mexico Opioid Messiah, but switching gears from #thirdworldproblems to #firstworldproblems made me feel like an ass).

At least the Legendary Banner is relevant to my interests (since its either new units or units with possibly better Traits; Blue aside, since I've got two Bikini Party Robins and three Fjorms already) as is Heroes Fest.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:44:05 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 31, 2018, 06:17:40 AM »
I'm pretty okay with the announcements. A new Ike just means another Ike I probably won't get. Rhythm game? I'll have someone else play it for me while I clear some strategic challenges for them, because that's what friends are for.

One good thing though: I dropped about 30 orbs into the new Legendary Banner and got:
- Summer Xander (+def, - res)
- Siegbert (+atk, - hp)
- Summer Frederick (don't know, don't care)

On top of that I got my first Soleil and then another Soleil with better stats. I also got my very first Jakob.

All things considered, that's pretty amazing.

However, that means I can't really justify pulling from this banner again. Well, maybe green would be okay, since I want both Gunthra and P!Azura, but red is just too dangerous right now because I already have Sanaki and Siegbert. I guess I should just hope everyone likes Like enough to convince IntSys we need one for free.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 31, 2018, 07:24:55 AM »
The Feh Channel was total bullshit and we should all flood ISIS's inbox with how Feh deserves a makeup cake. Also it was actually pretty disappointingly short on new info.

Anyway I'll take other other Ike over getting an OC character who wasn't even introduced in the story until after the unit was added. Ideally they'd introduce OC characters and then add them as Legendaries or whatever, but they wanted to have their dumb blessing mechanic to catch whales.

I'm expecting a free Hector from the not-CYL, which I think everyone should be a-ok with even if they already have a copy of him because I doubt Distant Counter will ever drop to 4*.

As for pulls, apparently my bad luck is still going because I decided to try for a unit from the Sacred Stones banner before going into the Legendary banner, but it took me about 130 orbs before I got myself a L'Arachel with +HP -ATK. Pretty shitty IV but I guess it's not -SPD at least. I then put the other ~100 orbs I had into the Legendary banner and only came out with one 5*- Summer Robin, with -HP +RES which is...okay, I guess? Free 50 orbs tomorrow though so I can try for more disappointment.

At the very least I got a handful of interesting 4*s though. I got a -HP +SPD Lilina who I might consider leveling up (the only annoying thing is that I kinda want to give her Raourowl, but for whatever reason that tome is 5*-locked), as well as a -HP +SPD Jeorge. I also got new characters in both Athena and Sothe. I kinda wanted Athena's Wo Dao, but she came as +SPD -RES so I might just have to keep her. Sothe came as -ATK +SPD though so I might sacrifice him for his shiny Life and Death.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 31, 2018, 10:32:54 PM »
Took three rounds of pulling, but I got a Siegbert (+HP/-Spd; I knew my luck would run out sooner or later). Fake Edit: Then on my fourth pull I got me both an Axzura and a Gunnthra (both -Atk though, Gunnthra's at least +Spd, Axzura's fuckin +Res). At least that's one previously missed Seasonal down, and I suppose that Gunnthra's salvageable once I feed her a Nino but she's not replacing Cecilia any time soon, and both should be a quick grind in the t_t oven.

Also yeah, I think everyone can agree that Effie and the Askrs are complete assholes. I'm surprised that the Summoner wasn't with them because according to the FEH 4-Koma, he's willing to SI fodder Sharena's besty Wrys.

Meanwhile, the t_t is all kinds of fucked up as its nothing but Legendaries and Axzura for the 40%, 20% is Marisa, Bikini Party Robin, Nohrian Scummer Xander, and Lancina. If it weren't for Fjorm being a free unit that anyone can get, this would be somehow even worse than a typical T_T list. The Seals aren't much to write home about either, sure we're finally getting Hone Atk, but most of the best buff bots already buff Atk somehow; Poison Blow is great for a Lucius/Azama Pain+ Train gimmick build, but kinda useless for anything in the meta because of how much rocket tag everyone is playing; and Drive Def is actually kinda decent. Also, no Blessings this time (fuck you if you want to build a Gunnthra team). The stages aren't awful, but not amazing either, final stage is a snore sadly (same Book II battle theme and all and the terrain doesn't even make any sense).

On the other hand, thanks to both Summer Robin and Fjorm being bonus units this time around, they're both racking up 24 SP per KO. I've started grinding some of my other Fjorms just to spread some of the love around.

I for one am glad that RDIke was the latest Legendary since it means fewer OCs (not to say that I don't want new characters, but this game just isn't interesting enough to warrant too many OCs) and isn't taking up room on legit banners like Zelgius or Nu Eirika. Now watch the Fire Legendary be Old Lyn or someshit (or fucking Priam because fuck all of us; I'm actually kinda disappoint that he didn't place during the midvote tweet for CYL2, just because that would've been a hilarious dickmove on the gamer base's end).

CYL2: Electric Bugaloo Edit: And they're in. First place went to Hector followed by runner-up Celica then Ephraim in third and Veronica in fourth. Top ten also includes:
5th Marth (poor guy can't catch a break as he would've come in second place had it not been for his split vote)
6th Camilla (if and when they do a followup to the the CYL1 Runners up banner, Camilla Emblem will be complete)
7th Eirika (she'll at least get to piggyback on the Runners up as well I suppose)
8th Azura (FEH participation makes a huge difference for most of these results)
9th Alm (Echoes coming out recently, though less so)
10th Loki (ahahaha, we couldn't escape her overdone grasp)

Other noteworthy entries include:
11th Reinhardt (teh Rein of Hardt strikes back, no Holy Sword for him though)
13th Micaiah (highest Tellus character)
15th Chrom (highest Ylisse character, I guess FEW has been his redemption hour; that or he finally had a chance to escape his far more popular daughter's shadow)
20th Leif (second highest Thracia character and most wanted absentee Lord)
21st Selkie (highest Gen 2 character and highest Gen 2 for Fates)
22nd Female Morgan (highest Gen 2 Awakening character)
24th (New) MotE Marth (there's the other chunk of his votes)
25th Lilina (highest BB character)
29th Laevatein (third highest Heroes OC, I'm sensing a trend)
33rd Kliff (most wanted Echoes character after the Lords)
37, 39, 40 Alfonse, Fjorm, Sharena (respectfully)
43 Ishtar (most wanted Genealogy character)
45 Ayra (most wanted Genealogy repeat)
48 Sigurd (formerly the most wanted Genealogy character)
55 Hinoka (formerly the least popular Fates Royal)
62 Surtr (Heroes villain)
68, 75, 133, 308, 536 All the Annas (Awakening, Heroes, Fates, Shadow Dragon, New/Mystery respectfully)
71 Bruno (Mars; translated as Marth for the west)
78 Sakura (least popular Fates Royal, quite a slide from CYL 1)
84 Male Corrin (even harder hit than Sakura)
101 BB Hector (the other Hector coming in at 100 and 1st place)
103 Gunnthra (last call for FEH)
169 Larcei (bit of a slide, but the noteworthiness comes later)
187 Lachesis (this one's for you Hathen)
212 Brigand Boss (here lies Brigand Boss; he never scored)
261 Olwen (still the most popular Thracia female, no new love though)
352 Glade (got redemption zoned hard)
728 Selphina (lowest ranked character I voted for this time around; sorry lady, I tried)
805 Creidne (lowest ranked female, accept no substitutes)
817/818 Garth Bloom (Bloom was simply a mistranslation of Brooks, either way they're the bottom of the barrel this time around at 7 votes apiece)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:29:50 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 01, 2018, 06:50:09 AM »
Looking forward to 2025 when we get Brave Lachesis as a rainbow-colored unit.

Personally I'm not big on the Heroes characters placing as high as they did because of how thin their characters are (especially Loki since we all know there's only one- well, two- reasons she's that high up), but to be fair I guess their characterizations are on par with like, Archanea characters at least. Plus they can pretty much go wild with what they do with CYL Veronica. I'm guessing she'll end up being colorless dagger or something since the others will probably slot in as Beloved Zofia Celica, Reginleif Ephraim on a horse, and Wolf Beil Hector.

Also Gonzales was one of the highest-scoring Binding Blade characters who isn't already in the game (and the highest-scoring Axe user just barely beating out Lot- well, unless you count Dieck), so fingers crossed we'll get his pretty face in the game when FE6 gets its turn. I'm hoping Lilina will be one of the units up next to get a retrofitted Prf weapon, alongside Seth and maybe a healer like Sakura or something.

Meanwhile the t_t's not too bad for me since I have a flood of bonus units to choose from- I had Axura, Gunnthra, Lancina to start with, pulled Summer Robin yesterday and got Marisa today. FTR -ATK on Gunnthra does not matter at all, especially with +SPD. I don't recommend feeding her a Bladetome if that's your plan because her base set makes her pretty much as powerful as any bladetome without the need of a support attaching themselves to her at all times.

So my bad luck came to an end, kinda, in the worst possible way- I pulled two copies of Summer Xander within 20 orbs. More Bonus Units, hurray? They're both -SPD which kinda sucks since his SPD would otherwise be kinda serviceable, but at least one has +ATK and the other has +DEF which are both nice on him. I really, really would've preferred more copies of Axura or Gunnthra if I had to get a Green unit from this banner, but I guess I have a copy of Infantry Pulse to give out if I ever want that.

I also pulled two 4* Felicias, one with -HP +SPD and one with -DEF +ATK, to compliment the -HP +RES one I already had. Just in time to give me lots of options when we see what her Prf actually does.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 02, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »
CYH is up and no we can't vote for anyone locked to story modo. They're dividing it up into two rounds where the first round concludes with four finalists and the second concludes with a free Distant Counter skill. :V

Also pulled from Legendary again and walked away with a Scummer Xander (+Atk/-Res, good traits on a Legendary Banner pull? unpossible). I'm declaring victory at this point since I've cleaned up Green nicely and I have enough of the other units to not feel the need to burn more Orbs in the hunt. It helps that I have 3 of the 4 seasonal exclusives available and R-Dike will be available later somehow.

Edit: Hero Fest IV: The Voyage Home is up. Two rounds of pulls ended up with me getting Pity Broken by a +Spd/-HP Minerva. Its high time I get this Flier Emblem boat on the road IN SPAAAAACE!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:16:03 AM by Aeolus »

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 02, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
I love how we can't vote for story characters in the CYH poll. They learned their lesson from CYL lol

I got four 5* in one pull during the legendary banner (my first Sanaki after 4 times going for her in the other focus banners, Axura, Siegbert, and Brave Lucina), but when I decided I wanted Legendary Ike, that's when I burned the rest of my Orbs. I had been saving for quite a while, and now I'll just have to rely on the free 100 Orbs to pull on the Hero Fest banner.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 02, 2018, 01:14:52 PM »
When you get a pull like that, you need to stop. That's the jackpot. It's not going to get any better.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 03, 2018, 01:07:31 AM »
I know I should have stopped, but Ike is my favourite FE character, so my desire was strong and the game sensed it.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 04, 2018, 05:36:26 AM »
I put 15 orbs into Hero Fest and came out with Nephenee (+HP, -DEF). Bad stats but at least that's the one unit from the banner I didn't already have.

I spent a bunch of stamina potions to get all the orbs in the monthly quests and the all the new maps that went up today, and dumped them all into the Legendary banner. I got up to 12% pity rate before the game decided to be generous. I got another Gunnthra with the exact same goddamn stats as my last one (+DEF, -SPD), another Summer Robin (+DEF, -HP), and (with apologies to Smash) a Legendary Ike (+HP, -ATK). Given that I have regular Ike with +SPD I doubt the Legendary one will see much use with those IVs. I can admire those biceps though I suppose.

Overall, this Legendary banner gave me bad stats everywhere and lots of repeat heroes. No idea what to do with the repeats too, because they're not even really good as skill fodder. Infantry Pulse from the second Xander I got will be kinda nice if I figure out a unit to use it on, Res Ploy's not really worth eating Gunnthra for, and Deft Harpoon kinda sucks.

Didn't do too hot with my 4* pulls either, though I did get a Cain after not seeing him for a while, and he'll be shortly consumed by one of my dancers. I also got enough pulls to make my first +10 unit, and it's actually not Shockjock Mctinyhands, but rather the little mage who could.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:38:50 AM by Hathen »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 04, 2018, 09:13:19 AM »
More like the little mage who could not be doubled. 49 speed is just... yikes!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 04, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
More like the little mage who could not be doubled. 49 speed is just... yikes!

On the other hand, 34 HP means that she's still going down in one or two hits to any melee unit and some Red Mages can still one round her with Green Tomebreaker (not Henry, never Henry, perhaps not even Halloween Henry).

I'd rate Deft Harpoon as more 'underwhelming' than 'sucks' since its basically a weird Fury 1.5 function (and there are special weapons with worse traits *cough*Regal Blade*cough*). Melon Crusher is actually pretty decent, but then that's mostly due to being on Summer Tiki who, with the right traits, can end up as a Green Wall with a weapon forge and comes with Sol to help with the HP draining thing. The problem is that there aren't many units that want a wierd Fury 1.5 strapped to their Lance (its kinda disappointing that forging these didn't just give them Fury 1.5 because that would've upped their value by a significant amount without actually changing much).

Also, goddamn. 4700 isn't even enough to keep me in Rank 18 anymore (fortunately, I can push upwards to 4800 but it seems like my Arena team may be reaching their limit without several Merges or serious SI engineering; Fake Edit: nevermind, putting in the extra 90 points was enough to shoot me up about 7000 ranks, so I'm back to well within my comfort zone).

Edit: Finally got around to pulling on the 4 star banner. I pulled for a Setsuna, I got a 4 star Fae and Abel and a second 5 star Eirika (not Nu Eirika) instead (also a 3 star Donnel and 4 star Niles). The EirX-78 I just pulled is +Res/-Atk so she's been symmetrically docked to my current OG Eirika.

Double Edit: Movement Banner is up and lol my luck finally ran out as my freebie pull had to be made in Colorless Hell. Took my 4 star Serra and went home (not too fussed about it as I already have an Amelia, either Tana or Elincia would've been cool, but alas) Also silhouettes are out for the next Seasonal and it looks like we might finally be getting some non-Fateswakening units again.

2.2.0 Edit: Is up (or at least you can force it up). Big news is that Valentine's Day Seasonal Banner is all Elibe. That means Bow Knight Roy, Green Mage Knight Lilina, Axe Armor Hector and Blue Mage Armor Lyn along with a T_T reward Lance Armor Eliwood (Lyn Emblem is a go, better luck next time Chrom/Camilla/Xander).

As for the new Weapon Forges. Basilikos, Wing Sword, Hinoka's Lance, and Felicia's Plate are all added directly to their respective units' Learnable Skill lists at 400 SP apiece. Basilikos has Killer effect, Wing Sword is Effective versus both Armor and Cavalry, Hinoka's Lance gains a +4 Atk/Spd buff around Infantry or Fliers, and Felicia's Plate combines the debuff effect of her Forged Silver Dagger+ with hitting the lesser of Def/Res with no strings attached (beyond using Felicia).

Forges themselves do the following:
Basilikos: Life or Death 3 (lol @ unbuffed 63/45 [60/48] Atk/Spd)
Wing Sword: Flashing Blade 3 (slap Galeforce on her and stand back)
Hinoka's Lance: Guidance 3 (no longer discount Cordelia, but now Tana+)
Felicia's Plate: Cooldown +1 versus Mage Enemies (Kitty Paddle+ is still better)
Marth's Falchion: Renewal 3 + Drive Spectrum (i.e. +2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res for all allies within 2 spaces of him; he'll make for a fine Aura bot)
Alm's Falchion: Renewal 3 + Double Lion (i.e. Brave effect at 100% HP and no Spd penalty, using the effect costs 5 HP ala Ragnarok)
Chrom's/Lucina's/MM's Falchion: Renewal 3 + Spectrum Bond (i.e. +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res when standing next to someone)
Zephiel's Eckesachs: Distant Def 3 + Def -6 Debuff (but Dragons are now unaffected by it; uhn what?).

Also, Wrath got better (it now also works with AoE specials).

Finally, the update also included deets on a new mode that uses only Legendaries and Blessing Units (uggghhhhh; well, I'm not in a terrible position for this, but still; uggghhhhh) as well as mention of GHeB quests that'll run the length of the year, while a Datamine also revealed the next BHeB featuring Male Corn and Azura.

Final Edit I Swear: Pulled once more from Heroes Banner and walked away with a Nephenee for my troubles. +Spd/-Def is an interesting trade since she's bulky as hell normally but the Spd is more useful in the long run. At least I'm finally satisfied with the banner now since that's 50% coverage.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:21:56 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 08, 2018, 06:37:52 AM »
Movement banner gave me Bartre. I still haven't pulled one with +ATK.

It's nice to finally get a seasonal banner without a single Fateswakening character in sight, but I'm completely out of orbs (well, I have about 20 from the last few days, but not worth pulling with that obviously). Plus I'm not sure I'd pull on this banner even if I did have orbs. Well, Hector's being a manly man as usual, Lilina's cute as a button and it's nice to get Wada Sachiko as the artist for Lyn again (who doesn't do that thing Yamada Kotaro does in overemphasizing her boobs). Not quite seeing the relevance to Valentines or any other holiday of the month though. Was actually kinda hoping they'd do either a groom banner to balance out the brides banner from last year, or do something completely different and go for a Lunar New Year theme.

As units I'm just not interested in pulling for even more armors when the main reason I ever play it is for Arena score, and that's not going anywhere with limited availability units. Hector got powercreeped by himself, and even if they introduce the betterer Armads to the Refinery it'd probably not be worth getting because QR shenanigans is all Hector classic has left for him. Roy is pretty terrible with that speed stat but his stats are specialized enough to choose between a cookie cutter Brave Build or a Guard Bow build, and I'll take that lateral expansion over them introducing another Brave Lyn-esque nightmare. I'd say Lyn is the best unit of the banner, and Atk/Spd bond is probably a preferred skill on a ton of units.

The shiny new weapons for old units are great, although it does make me less motivated to invest in units I was interested in before like Lilina, because if they ever got some Prf from a patch, it's possible whatever build I give them immediately becomes obsolete. I'll probably swap the L&D2 and Hit and Run on my Hinoka for Fury/Desperation. At least Raven made it out okay though since he'll still run pretty much the exact same skills. He's pretty ridiculous now, after considering his new L&D effect he's the fastest unit in the game alongside Mia, but with basically half the amount of DEF and RES. Eggs-sacks has a new effect basically tailor made for people who already gave him distant counter, so I guess he goes back on the bench for me.

If I had a decent Caeda I'd probably start building one, but I guess I should first decide if I'm waiting for a +ATK or +SPD one because SPD overload actually has a use on her now. Kitty Paddle is still better for Felicia to do her best work but I think it might be more fun to let her do whatever gimmicky things her plate throwing can allow for and leave all your pet cats alone.

As for Falchions, I'm pretty happy that they were nice enough to redeem this +SPD Chrom I have. With the bond effect active I can get him to 36 SPD without any buffs which is a pretty good "avoiding doubles" speed tier, and Lucina appreciates the same effect for obvious reasons. Alm's is a pretty interesting effect to go with his native Windsweep skill. I'm slightly disappointed that Marth's new effect makes him even less impressive at combat compared to Lucina than before, but I guess it was better they came up with something unique instead of trying to make him compete there. Though I'm surprised none of the Falchions got a "ignore dragon buffs" effect on there somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:44:49 AM by Hathen »