Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1245 on: June 19, 2018, 04:45:26 PM »
This summer banner is one I will be skipping. None of them are my favourites and I don't 'need' any of them for gameplay reasons, so I'll just spend 15 orbs for one full summon and leave it at that. Besides, skipping banners like this make Legendary banners a little more worthwhile, because there will be more units on there that will be new to me.

Back onto the subject of FEH, I don't know what's worse. Noire as done by Rob Leifield or the fact that she's armed with a lovely bunch of coconuts (diddle le dee)

They milked Tharja for all she's worth (though I guess they could stick a fanservicy Rhajat somewhere someday), guess they felt it was time to move on to her daughter.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 25, 2018, 03:24:38 AM »
Well my impatience was kinda rewarded with a +Atk/-Def Summer Inn. Not the best of Banes but a Def forge will fix that right up. And he only took 75 Orbs to pull (with most of the rest of my pulls amounting to trash like Saizos and Marias).

Unfortunately, they're also rerunning last year's Summer banners to further bleed me of Orbs. Failed to get anything useful out of either of them even if they got 9 Orbs out of me (I really wanted that Summer Leo).

Apparently this GCN will be Valentia themed, but really, that generally means nothing at this point (unless they include a free 3 star Tobin or finally bring in the Kliff). It also might mean that the next Legendary is Fire Alm (although he doesn't fit the Res buff all that well (nor does any other Valentite, lol)).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 25, 2018, 01:26:16 PM »
Summer Leo's only good as a trophy anyway. The one I pulled way back turned out to have a really good IV set even though initially I thought it was bad (-SPD +RES) and he does some work occasionally in Arena Assault, but he was already feeling the heat when Arvis was released shortly thereafter. He still tanked magic ever so slightly better though- then Julius came out and now he's outclassed everywhere pretty much. Still has some of a funniest quotes in the game though.

Anyway, not much to show for on all these free pulls, but I did get a 4* Ares on the one from the Death Blow banner which was nice. Bad IV set so I guess someone will get to have a shiny new Brazen Skill. Still pinching my Orbs successfully, but if we get a Legendary Armor then Hector might have to wait. Hoping the trailer drops tomorrow, it being Green and probably Fire still says FE6 Hector to me (and they might go out of order with the stat and just make him +ATK instead of +RES). Another idea I saw floated was Garon with his Bolverk, and with Grima being Legendary Hero it'd make just about as much sense anyway. They really painted themselves into a corner with this thing, because having some ultimate version of a character not wielding their main weapon just feels weird, and like 90% of the leads in the series have swords as that, including Alm. Hell, sometimes it happens more than once per game like with Alm's Royal Sword. But hey, Edelgard uses both swords and axes so at least they planned ahead this time!

Also in other Fire Emblem addiction news, I cleared PoR and I'm already on Part 3 of RD. I'm really liking how RD is basically FE plot cliche deconstruction hour, although it still occasionally falls into the trap of things like ugly people = evil. I'd like to see some Fire Emblem character someday cackling like a maniac in a cutscene but then it turns out they were just trying to feed the war orphans or some shit (I guess Gonzales fills in half a point though).

RD would also be really, really hard if it weren't for the fact that the game always seems to provide about 4 different Jagens for you to curbstomp everything- and on that note, I didn't use Shinon or Haar in PoR but I'm using both of them in RD, especially Haar. Goddamn this guy is broken. To balance that out I spent a lot of time trying to use Ilyana since she's the first mage you get, and she's all kinds of terrible even if after giving her lots of levels for free. I also dunno if I got stat screwed on her, but Nephenee was a pretty big disappointment too, whether its PoR or RD. Her stats just constantly get stuck in awkward ranges where she can't deal or take a lot of punishment (and Wrath is way too risky to stay in all the time so you can't cheese whole armies with Vantage+Wrath like you can with Arthur/Tine). I tag team her with Brom and he makes up for her though.

As for how that translates back to Heroes, they actually added most of the major players already, but I guess I'd like to see Haar and Brom get in (we need way more generic armors anyway). Both Davdan and Danved are welcome too. I really didn't use any Laguz characters in PoR (aside from Reyson of course, who is ridiculous) because I honestly found them really inconvenient to use, but RD really fixes a lot of the gripes I had with them.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 25, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't looking for Leo as anything more than a trophy at this point. I went in for Summer Corn, got 1 Blue Orb, 2 Red Orbs and 2 Colorless Orbs and said "Why not?" and immediately regretted it (at least that went better than have no Colorless Orbs for the Summer Gaius & Frederick I'm still missing). As for the upcoming Legendaries, we're pretty much guaranteed a Sword Wyvern Xander at some point, and I feel that a Red Bow Alm might still be possible (maybe with the Luna Bow), plus we're also due the male Nifl sibling. Roy is the other strong contender for this month's Legendary banner since he's pretty damn Fire aligned, and as demonstrated last month, whatever the GCN/+_+ does doesn't always have any bearing on Banners.

As for Radiant Dawn, ever since I first played RD in 07, I've taken to referring to Haar as General Haar Solo due to his 2-E performance. Although it helps a lot when you're overpowered in an incredibly overpowered class in a game that decided that your particular class doesn't need effective damage risk to balance it.

Which of course is one of the biggest problems with Ilyana, since on top of Tellus mages sucking in general, they decided for RD to go the extra mile and turbo nerf Thunder magic (it ties with Dark magic for the worst magic type in RD). Of course her growths tend to focus on Str over other important stats like Spd or Skill. So much for the Finn of Tellus (she does get a Prf at least in Rexbolt, but it comes so late and in RD is so underpowered that its really not the selling point it could've been).

Not sure if you're aware of this Hathen, but RD can be made easier thanks to an issue with Bonus Exp (namely, to prevent players from fishing for perfect levels on the preparations screen, you're limited to just 3 stat ups per BExp level; of course this works out to mean that it also guarantees 3 stat ups per level, which is really helpful when your character starts ramming their higher growth stat caps; so if you want Micaiah to have some HP or Def, just wait for her to ram her Mag, Spd and Lck and start dumping the BExp). Its one of the main reasons why the Greil Mercenaries are so fucking overpowered in RD (that, and they aren't forced to gain 50% of their levels in just 1~3 stages that exist as nothing more than Exp treadmills that your underpowered team can barely keep up on and still hate your Cavs and Armors with a passion).

But hey, Edelgard uses both swords and axes so at least they planned ahead this time!

Also Magic of some kind. She's amazingly well rounded all things considered (which will be good on her hunt for the Crests).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 26, 2018, 11:36:07 PM »
The only person capable of powercreeping Hector is Hector, and the only person capable of powercreeping powercrept Hector is Hector. CYL Hector's coming eventually to powercreep x3 and he'll probably have DC too since apparently that's solely his thing now.

Gotta say, I was expecting Hector yet I was disappointed anyway. At least put the beard on him guys. Expecting CYL Hector to not have it either. I really hope they at least make him a sword or lance unit to at least do something different, but they haven't used Wolf Beil or Hector's Axe yet.

Regardless with this Legendary announcement I guess I'll be putting my orbs to get Hector instead of putting my orbs to get Hector. Greens are especially stacked this time- Myrrh, Steady Breath, and Hector? The other colors have some units I want, but I might just ignore all that because Green just completely eclipses everything else this time.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:42:06 PM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 27, 2018, 03:55:33 AM »
Yeah, sure. Why not? Its not like we needed such things like rhyme or reason. I'd say make Eliwood a Water Legendary, but that would imply including every FE7 lord and that makes too much fucking sense. At least Hector Emblem is now a thing.

Also fuuuuuuuuccccccccck! This is a good banner. Myrrh, Winter Tharja, BookLyn, Lief, F!Morgan, Elise, Brave Ike, and hell even a possible Bow Roy with not aggressively terrible traits and a F!Grima. The only upside is that I already have copies of two of the three seasonals, so it won't hurt that much if my luck tanks yet again. I really wish I had held off on the Summer Banner until now (this looks like a job for cashing in on those Chain Challenges/Squad Assaults still sitting in my backlog).

Also, Thunder Hector is tailor made for a Tactics team, on top of having everything a goddamn whale Armor wants. He's going to be really fucking shitty to fight next week though (bet the map's going to be based upon one of the Ostian maps and not just be Light for the fourth goddamn time; watch me be wrong yet again).

Sadly, my luck in regards to the GCN is already pretty bad as I've got a pretty lazy/non-existent team this time around Nevermind. They were all just sleeping. I made a cool 4.9k for my luck this round (although they're not nearly as lazy as this Valentia theme; I mean, what's the goddamn point?).

Legendary Edit: After three rounds of pulling, I've claimed two more Lords for the pile with Lief and Thunder Hector (both Neutral which is okay) with a fourth round yielding my first Elise (+Res/-Def, probably optimal at this point, woot!). Not bad with all said and done, though it does put me past the halfway mark for draws. Still want to go for Winter Tharja, Myrrh, BIke and F!Grima despite that though.

Incidentally, I may have cleared Chain Challenge Prologues 7 & 8 and 9 & 10 as well as Chapter 7 & 8 on Lunatic. Having my current Flier Emblem team is making this far easier than when I last attempted them back in August.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:59:07 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 28, 2018, 12:00:22 PM »
Well, to contrast your 3 5*s in 80 Orbs, I dumped my ~300 Orbs and came out with only 4 5*s. True that I sniped Green so I was less efficient, but that's still a pretty bad rate. At least I didn't get any off-color 5*s despite getting lots of boards with no greens though, so I got 2 BIkes, and 1 of Myrrh and Hector. Didn't really get any good fodder either, I only got 1 Barst in all this and like 6 Gunters and 5 Bartres to annoy me. At least a merged 4* Bartre will kill Effie and Hardin really well though.

Anyway for some reason the game thinks I really want an army of -DEF BIkes so both the ones I pulled were that, along with the other -DEF BIke I pulled way back during CYL. That probably means two lucky people will be getting Steady Breath, but gonna have a hard time deciding who.

My Myrrh came as +ATK -SPD which is crazy good, probably only beaten by +DEF if you really care about the Great Flame effect. Her base DEF is already 36 though so she'll probably have it activate on most things that matter. Didn't realize she had Fury in her base set though, I actually think it's kinda wasted on her since the main reason you'd want to run Fury on a tank is to avoid doubles (otherwise the 6HP recoil just cancels out the 3DEF/RES you get from it anyway), but the whole point of her is that she shouldn't get doubled with Great Flame. Don't have anything else to really put on her though- fliers can't take that delicious Steady Breath food I just got so I guess I should give her +3 DEF or something in the meantime.

The Hector I got was -HP +RES, which isn't optimal but certainly not a terrible set. The guy is good no matter what set you get on him, though +ATK -SPD would be best since ISIS decided an ATK superboon was a good idea on a guy with 40 base ATK (again)- it even shoves him up into the next BST bracket (again). I'm actually kinda considering making +10 of this guy as a long term project since with Legendaries we're guaranteed they'll show up once every so often as opposed to someone deciding they want to +10 their waifu Linde and then finding out they have to wait over a year before she shows up on a banner again. It's not gonna happen anytime soon if I keep getting these crappy pull rates though.

On that note, it's basically confirmed the next Legendary will be Blue, since we know Ryoma, Lyn, and Robin will be here for July. Unless it's another OC I'm honestly really drawing a blank here on who it could be because the obvious choices have already been done. I guess you could stick a lance on the Knight Lords of the series or use Micaiah again.

The one after that in August is likely Red (along with Fjorm, Gunnthra and Robin), meaning Robin's going on to be the colorless Legendary for at least half a year. Makes me wonder if they decided not to even bother with Colorless legendaries anymore, though Micaiah would work as a staff unit too I guess.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 28, 2018, 06:54:43 PM »
Did Infernal Lector, though unfortunately, I took a second look at his Ostia's Pulse skill and it only works on the first turn (so its not as shenanigans as I thought it was; at least its still useful for CC/SA/+_+). Took a few tries since I had to work out a way for my all Melee team to safely draw aggro without getting nuked by three stat inflated attacks, and some more tries to work out where all the reinforcements show up from, but after that it went pretty smoothly.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 29, 2018, 06:36:00 AM »
*spends 160 orbs and gets 2 LHectors, 3 Myrrhs, and 1 BIke* Eh a decent haul, although I did not get any optimal Boons. >.>

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 29, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »
New VG role call is up and lol at the sausage party. I know some petty misogynists who'll be very briefly assuaged by this turn of events (before getting all up in arms two minutes later over all the tits getting shoved into their faces at every other turn). For the rest of us, this is should be a tolerable VG just on meme potential (will Marth get chased onto a boat, will Arvis get to invite everyone to his barbecue, will Ephraim get duped again or will Ike bring a Hammer).

Oh well.

Anyways, my free pull for the VG banner netted me a 4 star Shigure so that's something useful.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:06:19 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 29, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
Legendary Banner was super nice to me. I invested 55 orbs and walked away with Lector (+res, - def, which may seem far from ideal, but 29 res is nice to have on an armour and he still has 38 def with his default weapon equiped), Grima (a merge for my current +spd one) and a "Winter" Tharja (+atk, -hp). I also got some good fodder (Barst, Shanna, Fae, Selena) and another Soren (finally!).

On the other hand... The game still refuses to give a Leo! I threw some orbs at Summer Leo and only got terrible things.

Speaking of people with names like sound like 'leon', I'll be supporting Lyon because he needs a hug and I need multipliers.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 30, 2018, 04:41:58 AM »
For the VG, I'm supporting Arvis first for the meme potential (its summertime dammit, and I've got to barbecue).

Also, the July update was announced and Titania, Nephenee and Katarina are next in line for Prf-ings while Eldigan gets an update to his Prf (I suppose to tide him over until the Fury SS finally comes out). That's every available Tellus character with a Prf except Oscar, Mist, Oliver and Bride Sanaki.

Also also, they're letting us revisit past event scenes like Masked Marth fretting over that T_T that one time, or like with Loki dunked on Masked Marth over a T_T that one time. And you can turn off battle music for battle scenes, if, for some reason, you're still playing with them on.

They're also adding a mode that's basically the Advance Wars 1 A Rank playthrough in spirit.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 30, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »
I wanted a summer Leo. I now have: Summer Xander, Kana, Minerva, New Eirika, Ike, Lyn. Aka, a bunch of units that are (much) more useful than the one I actually want.

Now I'm just not sure what to feel. On the one hand, what I got for my orbs, well, it's great value. Aside from the (new!) 5 stars I also got things like Hinatas and several merges for my projects. On the other, I didn't get what I wanted and my orb stash is almost gone.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 04, 2018, 08:59:50 AM »
I'm supporting Ike because I'm feeling lazy and just going along for the ride this time.

Anyway last day of the Legendary Banner. Spent every single Orb I could get and I came out with another Steady Breath (-ATK) and Lector (+DEF -SPD, literally took my last orbs so I'm sitting at 0). I'd say that set is better than the -HP +RES I pulled earlier so I merged into it. Aside from that I also got a Legault with bad IVs so free Attack Tactic, hurray.

Anyway since I decided I'll work on Lector over trying to promote and +10 merge a Sheena, I decided to take my huge stockpile of feathers and go nuts with promotions for some 4*s I've been working on for a while. So far I've promoted Lloyd, Hana (complete with Firesweep Sword+), Soleil, Julius, Lyon, Saias, Legion, Titania (+1'd her since I had 2 4*s I was juggling between), Boey, and Clarine (+1'd her as well, as well as 5*'d an Azama to give her Pain). Lots of reds there but most of the game is red so not much to say there. Titania is just in time though, she's probably become my favorite character from Tellius so I'm ready to play with whatever they give for her reforge. Settled on a -HP +DEF one because she gets +4 from a DEF boon, and it evens her stats out really nicely.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 04, 2018, 10:51:15 PM »
I'm supporting Ike because I'm feeling lazy and just going along for the ride this time.

Hell,

I got to ride the insane Arvis multiplier train last round so I'm hopeful for some Victory Feathers on the side as well (otherwise its back to Red Nerds with Lyon).

Anyways, after sinking 100 more Orbs, I managed a second Shigure and a second LIke (+Atk/-HP), along with a bunch of crap like Lissas and Raighs. All in all, one of my better banner performances (even if I still couldn't manage a Winter Tharja or a Female Grima).

Edit: I know that some of you are waiting for CYL2 with baited breath, but I for one am not. Namely because I do not like the idea of having to face off with three goddamn powercreeped Hectors and a BK/Zelgius with my Eliwood everytime I go into the Arena (just to try to stay at 18.5 rank).

Edit 2 The Next Edit: Well so much for Ike. At least I made it to the top 1k this time around, and without needing too much effort either. I'm going Lyon next round since I have him, so I fully expect him to lose to Hardin.

Edit 33 and a Third: Lyon wins the VG where the only thing of interest is that the final two have a possession off. Meanwhile the new banner silhouette is up and its Linde and Camilla (the latter now has enough alts for Camilla Emblem).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:41:43 PM by Aeolus »