Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1275 on: July 18, 2018, 01:24:41 AM »
Warning! Incoming FEH Channel!

I was hoping that the next new character banner would be for FE6 (since it hasn't received a proper banner yet), but given the timing and the upcoming 18th month anniversary, I could see this either be CYL2 or Leftovers Squad 2.

Edit: FEH JP are disavowing the rumor of this being CYL2 related. Well, if that's the case, then bring on the proper FE6 banner.

I'm stockpiling orbs again myself. Actually not that interested in any of the new summer units, though I am amused by the blatant powercreep of Camilla vs Corrin, which makes me wonder a bit about the long-term health of the game. I hear power creep in this game is actually incredibly tame by gacha kusomobage standards compared to stuff like FFRK and such though, so I guess most people have much higher tolerances for this sort of thing than I do.

As for falling off the wagon, I've bought a few of the monthly deals they've been doing myself. As far as I know in terms of Orbs they really haven't been any cheaper than the usual price, but spending ~$10 on the game every month doesn't seem too bad if I think of it as being similar to a subscription MMO- I've probably played it about as much as one given how much I play the game on public transport. Anyway with Tomara joining the dark side, FTP torch is yours alone now Aeolus.

Annoyingly, almost all of my chance-pulled summer units from last year or Legendary banners are not bonus units for the ++. Masked Marth was already nearly capped on HM too, but in a twist, one of the Summer Gaiuses I locked in the torture basement of my barracks gets to be vindicated.

Getting Masked Marth yet again is a bore, but a free merge for a cheap Arena Assault Dragon Strangler is at least usable. They got 2 for 3 with the seals too, Flashing Blade and SPD Ploy are nice. Getting another double-stat seal actually would've been nice but they chose like the worst combo possible. HP paired with basically any other stat would be a nice seal to put on popular Infantry Pulse runners like Marisa, Seliph or Bartre, but RES is the one stat none of them need more of. The only imaginable use I can think of it is for a unit that runs Water Boost, but oops- it's locked to Berkut and nobody's going to sacrifice the guy for anything but his Lance.

The problem with FEH in particular is that there was going to be no way to avoid the powercreep since there aren't enough variables for all 800~ish characters in the series. Hell, with all the Alts, we've only made it to just a quarter of the way there.

As for HP/Res seal, I could see myself using it to replace someone's current version of the skill with Fury and using the seal to keep the effect. At least it only costs 100 coins to fully forge rather than 150. But yes, I've already sunk 50 coins on Spd Ploy because now, and finally, I'm certain that Arvis/Saias is now complete (especially since that was the last Ploy seal).

As for the FTP torch, I'd sooner drop the game cold turkey rather than drop that. Hell, they already threw Ayra, Ishtar, two Olwens and 5 Lyns at us, there's nothing they can do to me now (especially since of the female Sordlords, we're just short Larcei, Creidne, Malice, Eyvel, Mareeta, Machyua, Echidna (ehh, they'd probably make her an Axe Infantry), either Lucia, Female Kris, Say'ri, Flavia, Severa (because you know they would), Yuzu, Niamh (or whatever her name will end up being), Edgelord or that sordlord she was fighting). :V

Edit: Well, that was completely ruined by the changes to the Arena and GCN. We do not need more rewards for whales, and GCN went from "Can I make it to tier 25?" to "FUCK EVERYTHING FOREVAR IF I DON'T SCORE MAX POINTS ON INFERNAL AND NEVER WASTE A LANCE!!!!!!! :blarg:". I'm extremely tempted to drop the game outright just from that.

At least the Askr trio can finally get some refines and T_T exclusive units can get some badly needed reruns. I just wish this didn't come with the above in tow.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:00:36 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 20, 2018, 04:42:42 AM »
As long as I still get max orbs from Arena every week, I'm okay with the changes. In fact, this encouragement to use bonus units works out rather well for me, because I have this tendency to build whatever seems fun/interesting.

The Grand Conquest addition doesn't seem so bad to me either. It's just another opportunity to earn some more feathers.

As for all the other stuff:
- A whole bunch of free summons! Yay!
- Orbs, orbs and more orbs.
- Tempest Trials units making a comeback! And not all of them are Marth! Nice!
- The grindy new support seems like it could be okay.
- The orbs from the new chapter brought home Summer Leo. That's all I wanted.

Speaking of Summer Leo, guess how low it took me to get one. Seven pity breakers. All of them arguably better than the unit I wanted. Luck is strange sometimes. In any case, a certain ship has set sail for a tropical island!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 20, 2018, 05:34:29 AM »
Found the Feh Channel pretty disappointing myself. Awakening banner was somewhat expected given all the other things going on atm, but the other annoucements are what made it worse. More Whalebait changes to events, underwhelming refines for the Askrs, and a new event that sounds like a snoozefest (I'll reserve my judgment for a bit though). TT unit reruns is nice, although a bit disappointed I can't +1 my Tobin/get a free Armorsmasher+ inherit. Free BK merge though (at this rate it'll still be like 15 years before we can +10 any of these units though).

Awakening Banner: Expected but still kinda boring, because all the characters they decided on are really...safe choices. Cool that we're getting all these new inheritable weapons though. Olivia's appeal is limited to me since I already have lots of dancers, but they went for SI bait too since Bracing Stance is terrible on her but would be loved by a ton of mix tank units. Sumia continues our trend of stupid speed power creeping by being faster than like half the swordmasters in the game, combined with a base skillset that's utterly unsynergistic with that- looking forward to Reprisal Lance Effies and such though. Maribelle is our new best staffbot and surprisingly it looks like Colorless won't be our demote for once with 5 slots in her base set and one of them being the ever-broken Dazzling Staff. Libra's our frontrunner for Demotion and he looks great for SI. Wo Gun (an utterly baffling name because Gun means Club/Staff but the sprite is of an axe anyway) was inevitable, and hopefully Spur ATK/RES as his 4* skill which I can think of a ton of uses for. That aside I really like his even statline- broken armors aside only Camilla really has a similar spread.

All that being said, I took my free colorless roll and got 3* Felicia. Hooray. New story chapters introduced Hrid though, who doesn't look anything like I'd imagined he would. I figured they'd either go for a twinky prettyboy which fits the rest of the family, but he's generic g rizzled good-looking dude which I guess was the next choice. He's also holding a sword so everyone automatically stopped caring about getting him as a unit.

Askr Trio: The base refine for Folkvangr is really great and Alfonse can become a really strong bruiser with it thanks to Ares being available, but TA is a lazy effect to stick on there IMO. He'll almost certainly be better off with an ATK or DEF refine (gets him 2 extra HP too). Anna's refine has limited use but it fits thematically so I'll give it a pass. Fensalir probably has the best refine all-around. Overall they're okay effects but they feel kinda underwhelming considering how long it took for them to come along, and you'd think they'd want to fix the fact they can't be merged somehow alongside introducing them.

Arena changes: There's really nothing I can say that wouldn't be painfully obvious. It sounds like crowns are nothing but bragging points though so I'll give them that at least.

GC: Making it harder for your team to get completely curbstomped is a good change I suppose, team ranks seem really unnecessary though. I guess the point is to encourage people to be active and spend lances each round instead of just at the end. Whatever- think of it as free feathers we wouldn't have gotten otherwise and it's not that bad.

Forging Bonds: Not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, more actual dialogue in the game sounds like the type of change we need, but the stream was kinda vague as to how it works. Really hope we don't need to actually own said units to unlock the conversations, and if they don't use the opportunity for some cross-game conversations it'll be totally pointless. Don't like that they're making accessories part of it either, I would've really rather those things just be stuck as a fluff customization thing instead of yet another equipment menu I have to constantly shuffle around to get my squad ready for play.

The big problem really, is that gameplay-wise it looks like a complete snooze- we're playing through the same maps, again-again. The game's been really stale gameplay-wise for a while now, and all the "look at all these free orbs we're giving you" that takes up so much time in their announcements has been becoming more and more transparent.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 20, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »
What really got me (beyond the P2W horseshit) was just how much time they spent on the themed banners. Because I sure do want to spend all those free orbs you're giving us on what would otherwise qualify as pity breakers. The upside to that though was that at the very least, that's 15 free 3 star Matthews, Lissas, Lon'qus, Saizos, Shannas, Arthurs, Merrics, Raighs, etc... to clog up your barracks with (which they didn't offer a free cap expansion for either).

As for the Awakening banner, Walhart's the big prize here. So far, Axe Cavalry have had to make due on three different Jagen/Olfey archetypes, of which only Frederick really impressed as a hard hitting anti-armor unit, and two limited units (a seasonal and a T_T reward no less), so finally getting an Axe Cav that doesn't fall into either bracket is a win for us. And while Libra is nice (hell, any Axe Infantry user from between FE7's Hawkeye to Fate's Arthur is appreciated), I would've preferred a Sully alt instead (1. because she deserves one, and 2. because we were just that close to having a Chrom's Angels banner). As for what we did get, Sumia is a 'about fucking time' inclusion given how many other Caeda archtypes already fill the skies around here, with Maribelle completing Chrom's waifu set (aside from the random village girl). At least we're almost done with Awakening's Gen 1.

On the subject of Lords' waifus/husbandos, Hector's still missing Farina, Roy's still short Sue and Larum, Ike will never get to be with Ranulf, Elincia's still waiting on Lucia, Micaiah continues to remain forever alone, and Kris is outright MIA.

Edit: Cut a bunch of chaff to make room for my comments on the new Friend Zone mode.

Basically, its where the game now expects you to spend all those accumulated Stamina Potions since cutting back on the B/GHeB tax. It isn't hard, but its grindy as fuck since you can get anywhere from 1 to 3 chests (I haven't gotten into a battle that's left nothing...yet...) per 15 stamina battle that'll contains 12 affection for a given character per chest (having all four required accessories doubles the amount per chest to 24). And considering that the top reward for each character clocks in at 3,500 points a piece....Yeah.

Also a new BHeB came and went. Flier Emblem once again is the solution to everything.

Also also, still no Awakening folks, and I still don't care. I've been sinking all my orbs trying to offset my earlier luck pull a second ASS unit out of my ass. Chances are that I'm not going to care about the next Legendary banner too much (Vector would be nice but he and Horse Lilina are going to be the only ones I can see myself clamoring for; as for the Legendary, unless its olde skoole Celica or something, I doubt I'll care regardless as to how power creepy pasta they get).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 12:41:54 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 24, 2018, 04:19:18 AM »
I figure the trick to the new mode is to aim for 1000 points a day and only play when the bonus is more than just a plan 1x. That's, what, not even a day's worth of stamina? I can do that. It just sucks there's another stamina dump active right now.

I'm actually doing well in +_+. I think I might get 8000 feathers at the end of it I can maintain my rank (shouldn't take me more than two potions). Takumi and Linde have maxed their SP, and even summer Leo, who I've been training using +_+, is looking somewhat decent. 40 res (with his current ultra budget build) makes for effective ploying. But most of all, I just like that he has some hilarious lines. I paired him up with Takumi and their contrasting attitudes make me laugh.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 26, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »
Funny how ridiculously grindy the new mode is, but a quick stamina dump is appreciated for these lulls between Tempests and whatnot. Level also doesn't appear to affect the friendship gains in any way so I can use it to level up whatever units I'm working on (the downside being that you probably need them all to be near in level otherwise the scaling gets all funky).

So with that I've promoted 4 new units to 5*: Florina, Frederick, Cherche, and Fallen Takumi. Theme here is armorslaying weapons (bar the last guy of course), because that's all I ever run into with Arena Assault now. I might have promoted Est instead of Florina if I had a +ATK of her lying around, but the one I've kept around is +SPD who I'll have to replace. Florina is way cuter anyway. As a bonus I got a bunch of Dew from spending the rocks to upgrade their weapons- kinda dumb it's hard to actually find people in my barracks to spend the rocks on so I can get Dew. As for Fallen Takumi, his bow seems like a fun gimmick to screw around with, and he doesn't need Mountain Dew for it to work properly.

Finally, I spent some of my Dew upgrading Chrom and Titania. My Water team's pretty stable with Fjorm/Chrom as core so I probably should've done his Falchion sooner. My Earth team's been my weakest one so I decided I'll rework it with Titania giving support to Ike and the others. I doubt they'll be giving Titania a better refine so I might as well capitalize on her unique support function as a Triple tactics unit.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 26, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
What's really dumb is the unpredictability of the mode. Will the next six hours have a non 1x multiplier? And if so, will it be of a color you haven't maxed yet? And if so, will each battle yield more than 1 chest per run (I'm fucking surprised they didn't make it possible to get chestless battles)? And if so, will said battle have more than 3 enemies to fight (not that I think you get 4 chests in a five man battle, but it seems like its impossible to get a battle where every enemy drops a chest I stand corrected, as I've just had a 3 man battle drop 3 chests, but 3 still seems like the max number of chests per battle)?

At least its an okay way to grind in between (T_Ts), especially for HM since the only requirement is making sure to have the proper accessory equipped (though its good to have a team that can autobattle the maps that come up).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 27, 2018, 06:31:35 AM »
What's really dumb is the unpredictability of the mode. Will the next six hours have a non 1x multiplier? And if so, will it be of a color you haven't maxed yet? And if so, will each battle yield more than 1 chest per run (I'm fucking surprised they didn't make it possible to get chestless battles)? And if so, will said battle have more than 3 enemies to fight (not that I think you get 4 chests in a five man battle, but it seems like its impossible to get a battle where every enemy drops a chest I stand corrected, as I've just had a 3 man battle drop 3 chests, but 3 still seems like the max number of chests per battle)?

At least its an okay way to grind in between (T_Ts), especially for HM since the only requirement is making sure to have the proper accessory equipped (though its good to have a team that can autobattle the maps that come up).
Pretty sure the colors change every hour even when the multiplier doesn't. Also fairly certain I've had chestless battles. >.> I recall having a battle with a ridiculous amounts of points once that might have been because of 4 chests, but I'll admit I wasn't paying attention during the battle.

I do hate the RNG though. I currently have around a 1k gap between my highest character and my lowest character. And of course my highest affection is with Libra, the character I like the least out of this group. >.>

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 28, 2018, 05:37:07 AM »
And its been confirmed. The latest Arena change is a pure 'Pay 2 Win' adjustment (granted, the added bonuses for tier 21 are only 1 extra Orb and 500 feathers, but its still an advantage that no other player can receive). The decline has truly begun (well, it actually began with all of these Alts everywhere, but this has advanced it to the next stage).

There's some other changes listed in the 2.8.0 update post, but mostly its the 15 teams (fucking finally), Askr weapons and smaller QoL changes like letting you set up multiple skill sets (across all selected characters), providing an option to increase Tapper! speeds up to x3 (but do they make the enemies red?), having two favorite status markers per character for slightly easier sorting, and so on.

Also it amuses me that they're adding in a way to raise SP (and Exp and HM) in Rival Domains and Grand Battles, but jump on anything that might actually address the mindless grind like the Retry bug two weeks ago.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 28, 2018, 02:25:00 PM »
It's dumb that this new ranking was probably created specifically to weed out people like me who have spent the majority of their feathers building a budget Armor Arena Core just so I can score high (even when I finish merging my Draug and Lector and get myself some DC fodder I doubt they'll score high enough to break into Tier 21, because my 4th slot is usually going to be a low-merge bonus unit), but honestly, alt paradise has always annoyed me a lot more than missing out on one measly orb per week (that's like one extra Bartre per month). It makes CYL feel pointless- if you're just going to give alts to all the popular characters anyway then there's really nothing special about the CYL alts.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 28, 2018, 07:06:59 PM »
It's dumb that this new ranking was probably created specifically to weed out people like me who have spent the majority of their feathers building a budget Armor Arena Core just so I can score high (even when I finish merging my Draug and Lector and get myself some DC fodder I doubt they'll score high enough to break into Tier 21, because my 4th slot is usually going to be a low-merge bonus unit), but honestly, alt paradise has always annoyed me a lot more than missing out on one measly orb per week (that's like one extra Bartre per month). It makes CYL feel pointless- if you're just going to give alts to all the popular characters anyway then there's really nothing special about the CYL alts.

I really feel that this is the prelude to the inevitable
Spoiler: show
6 star rarity.
Especially since CYL2 is coming up within a month or so and Book 2 nearing conclusion (I would've thought they would've been further along with Legendary units by this point, but I guess they'll have to leave the last couple in the power crept dust; or alternatively just fucking power creep the old Legendaries with the new ones (because obviously the older Nifl brother is the only one that can beat the final boss and save the fucking day, that's why they made him Ice Ike)).

And given how we have at least 4 different kinds of alts (seasonal, legendary, CYL and just plain alternate), exclusive weapon forges (some getting one or two extra sets just because the previous ones weren't enough), seals, twenty different kinds of power crept skills (single blow < double blow < bond < brazen < etc), exclusive specials/skills, and so on... This update is making
6 star rarity
look like the next logical step simply through process of elimination (besides, how else are they going to fix the disparity between the whales who can afford to +10 a hard-to-acquire bonus unit every other week and the whales that can't/are stuck running the unmergeable Askr units?).

Boo!
Ha! Ha! Thought I was going to say SIX STAR RARITY again didn't you?
Wait! Shit!

Edit: Sent some Fliers to the Walhart for some Feathers and a package of some 4 star Horse Axe.

Edit 2: The Adventure of Lucina. We've finally got our second colored Infantry Archer and she isn't Alm (also Lyn is back to being tied with Lucy again for alts). She's coming with a bow that gives her +4 to everything when attacking, Super Swap (the first Swap is a free action), and Distant Guard which gives allies +4 Def/Res versus ranged attacks (i.e. AoE support Distant Defense 2), along with Swift Sparrow and WoM for added cancer. Rest of the banner includes Lyoma, NYCamilla, Horse Chrom, Azura (OG), Ishtar, Wyndis, Winter Lissa, VaLilinatine, F!Grima, Bonkers and Bow Lyn.

Llucy's alright but I already have a +1 Wind Legendary Bow user (although she'd help in the Spd arms race). Red is the strongest color for me since I don't have any of them, but my recent Azura pity break robs Blue a little bit and I'm actually well covered for Green and Colorless. Either way, lots of visitors from the pool and not many missed seasonals kinda makes me okay with not saving up for this one (even if that's a solid list of pool goers).

Edit 3: An Edit to the Post. GCN's gearing up and lol at them adding a new difficulty level that adds back the enemy WoM bullshit just because the devs can't seem to hate on F2Pers hard enough (also easier difficulty levels as well which is amazingly pointless and stupid simply because you couldn't, and still probably can't, earn all of the tier rewards without dipping into Lunatic at the very least).

Edit 4: Lucina's Awakening. Beat Infernal with my previous T_T team of Bonkers, Airzura, MM and ASSTiki. I see your teleporting shenanigans game, and raise you my own. Now if only I could do something about these pity rates.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:03:34 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 01, 2018, 10:28:09 AM »
Tempted a little bit to pull blue to get Ishtar or a better Azura (not that interested in Lucina myself). Bold Fighter from Lissa would be nice too, but I think I'll still aim to pull lots of Lectors in 2 months to build my Arena Score despite the dumb new Tier 21. As far as the new Lucina goes- goddamn is she annoying. The LHB did a good job of showing just how stupid her new assist is. If you don't knock out enemies appropriately the turn after she starts moving, she will almost certainly dance herself so she can snipe some injured unit on your team (or just ORKO a healthy one outright because of how good her offensive stats are). Gonna suck to face her in Arena too given how goddamned annoying the AI already is with assist looping.

So we're past the halfway point for Legendary Heroes now:

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume Hrid and Ylgr will take up two of those slots, so that means there's actually only 5 slots left for other characters (and that's assuming Muspell or Emblian characters don't end up taking even more spaces). I think Roy is probable for one of those spaces (probably alongside whenever we get our first actual Binding Blade banner), which probably means Eliwood gets screwed once again. I'd assume Xander will take a slot to counterbalance Ryoma and I'd be surprised if Corrin didn't also take up a slot. That leaves only two slots, and it'd be a crime if Marth wasn't one of them. Final slot is the wildcard- if there's no Jugdral representation it'd be unsurprising but would probably still piss off a good section of people, Micaiah is the only one who can add some actual variety to colorless by being a staff, Alm/Celica are on the biggest popularity high they'll ever have in the wake of SoV, and in 7 months...would it be that unreasonable to put a Three Houses character at that point?

That, or this box will turn into a 4x4x4 cube and we get even more Legendary whalebait.

For GC, I think it's actually possible to get to the top tier only playing Hard, but only if you play very on-schedule and don't waste too many spears into the void while you're sleeping or actually having a social life. The last few GCs I reached top tier well before the end running whatever the highest difficulty is (and I don't think I had over a 50% complete winrate on maps). I'll give the all-new-but-actually-old Infernal a try when I hit Tier 8 this time but I suspect that my inability to destroy the enemy base because of idiotic teleportation shenanigans will end up with me getting shitall points compared to if I just run Lunatic unless the points are just ridiculously inflated like Lunatic 7 vs Lunatic 5 for +_+. Part of me doesn't mind that they want to re-add really challenging options to the game, but the "everyone gets base WoM" on Rival Domain style maps is often more annoying than challenging.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 02, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »
I feel like Ylgr (provided they add her considering how not-Loki she totally is not) will end up as a Staff user so unless they introduce Colored Staves by then she should finally replace FGrima (not that that's going to happen any time soon).

That said, we still need a Red Bow user at some point (also some kind of colored Bow Breaker skill because boy that was a fun reminder during Llucy's event), and I still feel that Alm has the best chance of it considering how all the other Legs are at least sorta based upon features from their base games (*cough*Sword wielding Kinshi/Mulagir*cough*), but he's looking increasingly unlikely by the month. Regardless, either Eliwood, Jugdral or both are pretty much screwed at this point, and Corrin wouldn't work simply because you'd need two of them or one here and one elsewhere due to their M/F split.

Also, lol. I forgot about the 1.5 anniversary. Hopefully, I can cash in on one of these pity rates I've got going.

Edit: Also GCN Infernal 2 can fucking bite me. Because yeah, sure. I'd like to fight enemy teams with multiple instances of fliers equipped with Iote's Shield Seals and where everybody is on average +5, with jacked up stats due to the difficulty modifier, sporting some kind of broke ass combination of Tactic Buffs, Distant/Close Counter, Fury, Quick Retort, Vantage, Wrath, etc..., have an entire stock of the most cancerous units currently available, and of course that awful WoM horseshit that should've remained banished to the phantom zone for all time. Even my Mounted Emblem Brigade can barely hold the line against these cocksucking asshats, and they can routinely route battles in Infernal 1, even without the bonuses.

Edit +1: Pulled Vilina (+Atk/-HP) from the Leg banner. That's the 50% mark and a missed seasonal for me so I'm good. Whole lotta chaff though with all the Clarines and Saizos about.

And while I'm sorta on the subject, I just want to illustrate just how badly FE6 has been neglected. When the game first started, Elibe had 20 units, tied with Archanea and only surpassed by Fateslandia, of those 11 hailed from Roy's time. Now, not only has FE7 eclipsed FE6 in representation (almost doubling their reppage), but so too have Archanea, Valentia, Jugdral and Ylisse (the latter of which by almost a factor of 3) with Magvel and Tellus tying FE6's count (admittedly, Tellus' and Jugdral's games individually don't outnumber FE6's reppage, but that's of little counsel when they started from nothing compared to FE6's day 1 presence; and then there's Archanea, which is a clusterfuck of 4.5 games being rolled into one). Hell FE6's currently sole non-3 star unit in the pool is Brave Roy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:20:50 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 03, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »
I imagine if Corrin got a legendary, they'd also simultaneously add a non-Legendary variant of the opposite sex, like they did with Grima (so it'd probably be reversed this time with Male Corrin being legendary and Female Corrin being the non-Legendary). Nohr/Hoshido Noble can use Tome/Staff too, and we have a shortage of both those in our Legendaries.

I've been running GCN Infernal 2 myself, with varying levels of success. I've only actually cleared the map a single time (I used a full infantry brigade in round 1 to cash in on all the buffs), but as with Lunatic 7 vs Lunatic 5 in +_+, half-succeeding in the highest difficulty actually gets you higher points even if you had a perfect run of the next highest difficulty- if I get 20 kills and capture a camp, I seem to get a bit north of 12000 points on a x8 boost, whereas Infernal 1 caps points at 11840. The teleporting shenanigans has caused me to have a few runs where I only ended up getting like 9000-10000 points though, so I'm still not sure if it's actually worth running Infernal 2 unless you have a perfectly-tuned whale brigade.

I did manage to get to rank 3 in my Army in round 1 though, but I imagine spending so many lances will cause my rank to drop like a stone in these next two rounds. Plus armors get bonuses this round and my armor brigade is still kinda crappy (got a few decent armors to run on my friends list though).

My weakest team is still fliers though, so with those feathers from round 1 my recent new 5* promote is Michalis. Don't think I want to spend any Mountain Dew on him yet though, but he's pretty good even without it. I guess next in line will probably be Catria, Shanna or Cordelia- it would be nice if they added a 2-range flier that wasn't 5*-locked because I actually really need one of those.

Also they've started the 15 days of blatant money grubbing free pulls, post your disappointments here!

TA: 3* Clair
Vantage: 4* Mathilda
Fury: 4* Marth
Hone Atk: 4* Tharja
QR: 4* Effie (No Reds of course)
L&D: 4* Matthew
Bladetome: 4* Stahl
Threaten DEF: 4* Robin M
Death Blow: 4* Lachesis
Threaten SPD: 4* Gordin
DB: 3* Cain
Wo Bait: 3* Nowi
Refine: 5* Ephraim (+RES -ATK, can't complain about a free 5* I've wanted for a while but come on, really?)
Refine 2: 3* Laslow
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:03:40 AM by Hathen »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 03, 2018, 02:18:50 PM »
Summer Takumi is currently set at my leader, so if you don't have one yourself, well, there you go.

I've been sticking to Infernal 1, only doing Infernal 2 when I need to get rid of 1-2 lances and don't mind the risk. It pays off as long as I can conquer all the camps, but even that can be difficult on some maps.

Also they've started the 15 days of blatant money grubbing free pulls, post your disappointments here!

Day 1: 3* Athena
Day 2: Lute

(And I also got a free Celica from the DD banner earlier, so Leo troubles aside, the game still likes me.)