Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1425 on: February 16, 2019, 01:52:51 PM »
Meanwhile, I have everybody on that list, including a +1 Wyndis, plus a spare, and 3 Dumas (two with fairly optimal IVs), so a Fyrrh would be my best pick due to her suboptimal IVs (+Spd/-Def). Lazura also has suboptimal IVs but nobody cares about her stats.

And yeah, Winter Tharja's one of the 3 Tome armors currently available in the game, and the only Ranged Red Armor to boot, so she would've been a better pick for optimal whale bait, but who cares about that when a 180 BST Dragon Armor Trainee is on the line. Also disappointed that Fall Mia didn't do as well as she could've as she's still the only flying Staffbot to shit over PVE with (but at least she was up against the only Colorless Dragon Armor currently available and he's got AR bullshit behind him). I'm also amused that more people wasted their votes on Pancho Tiki than those who wasted their votes for everyone who fell into the last 94 places combined.

Meanwhile, in Tap Battle, I was amused by Chrom going down like a chump and getting replaced by Marth.

And with this, so ends FEH's 2nd year anniversary special in the only way that it could. Being full of dumb shit.

Feb Edit: So while getting a new character banner in February was a surprise, the units on said banner are not. Time for Beast Rush pt 2, the ones you've been waiting for Edition. All of the Fateswakening Beasts save Yarne will be in (Panne is looking to the the GHeB for this month). Keaton is basically Reinhardt 2018 except without the horse weakness or sword classification and better skills plus baked in Wo Dao some of the time. Velouria gets Pair Up Pulse (-2 to cooldown on turn 1 to her and support partner) and Ward Beast plus that Wo Dao business. Kaden gets Reverse Siglinde's Refine effect where buffs on him are passed around and also the ability to inflict Atk/Def -4 and negates follow-ups instead of the ability to move 3 spaces only some of the time (he and Selkie are classified as Mounted Beasts, which is likely how they're going to separate Cat Laguz from Lions, Tigers and Wolves) and also Goad Beasts for good measure. Selkie likewise gains the ability to fucking wreck any Melee weapon user provided that her Res is better than her opponent's (if her Res is greater, she gains half the difference between her stats and her opponent's stats up to +8, jfc), and she also gains an ability to also inflict -7 Atk ala a massively gimped version of Aversa's Tome just for good measure.

If there's a demote coming out of that, it'll be Velouria. Selkie's right out and both Dads have more desirable skills (Close Def has fallen off significantly since Stances/Breaths and Forth Tier skills have come out).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:31:28 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 18, 2019, 04:14:01 AM »
I'm surprised at the level of restraint on this banner. Yeah the weapons are powercreeped as hell, but no alts and 4 skills on 3 of the units? I guess it might just be them wising up to people automatically guessing the demote every time (even though there's still a pretty likely candidate this time around).

Keaton's kinda unique with his Meisterfang, but even with all the other goodies built into his weapon he's not going to be another Reinhardt pretty much due to mobility alone (+1 move from transforming >>> wo tooth). He also doesn't have a 2-range weapon and hits on DEF. IMO Tibarn's still going to be way worse to deal with, a 3-move flier with guaranteed all-breaker provided he's the first to reach your team, which he probably will be. It's too bad Valor marks him for unlikely demote, because Special Spiral on a demote would've been so damn sweet.

Even though Velouria's pretty likely as a demote (on top of the aforementioned Close Def 3 being powercrept, it's also available from Grails via Joshua. Wards are just sorta niche in general aside from armors), her unique weapon guarantees her as someone worth investing in. Funny for them to instantly powercreep the onsen weapons like 2 weeks after they came out, but whatever. Aside from the obvious instant Moonbow shenanigans (she's also infantry so she can get Pulsed), first thing I'm thinking? Galeforce teams. The fact that her weapon also has SPD+3 leads me to think she'll have at moderate SPD. Sure it's a waste of the Wo Dao effect on her fang, but with her support partner you can walk into a match with two Heavy Blade Galeforces ready to charge without taking any counters, which can be very valuable for people who put nothing but mages and whatnot. Downside to that is that she's infantry, so you have to support her with a cavalry, teleport her in with WoM, or Smite her in.

Kaden himself will be a worse Green Tibarn with his follow-up prevention and likely-to-be high SPD. Trades in the guaranteed follow-up and flying over shit for moving 3 spaces all the time and very annoying support capabilities. I'm pretty sure some people will opt to actually keep him around on a horse emblem team untransformed all the time just to give out the extra +6 to everything on everyone (because only whales are going to be running beast emblem so far).

Selkie is of course the obvious whalebait, and Christ not only is that weapon really OP, but it's also going to be a PitA to calculate shit when facing her. For SPD it makes it slightly easier for her to double, but makes it so you need to beat her speed by 10 before you can double her. Since she looks like she's going to be a RES unit Reinhardt probably isn't going to the save the day, and most physical hitters are probably going to trigger +8 DEF on her by default if she has rock bottom DEF so she might be able to tank a Brave Sword or Lance even. Really depends on how her stat line shakes out but that's a pretty insane weapon. Sabotage Attack is okay I guess.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 20, 2019, 06:17:25 AM »
New banner is up, and surprise surprise, Infantry got BST bumped again (the D.Flowers, they do nothing!). Now Keaton rocks 167 BST and Velouria rocks 168 while Kaden, Selkie and Panne remain at Gen 2 Horse BST.

Keaton, on top of being his expected min/maxed brick shithouse self, has a Superboon on his already staggering 41 Atk which means that only Reinhardt 2's mobility keeps him from getting completely shafted. Velouria's far more balanced, which continues to suggest that she's gonna be our demote (assuming there is one), although Kaden is also fairly balanced with horse stats so he might get the demote instead. Selkie to no one's surprise has min/maxed Spd and Res and fortunately, due to being stuck with Gen 2 Horse BST, really crappy Atk for this point of the game, although her weapon and skills make up for it, it does keep her from being too obscene (also, I was wrong about her weapon effect, she gains half the difference between her Res to her opponent's Res to every stat, its even more obscene because she ties Jagen for highest Horse Res, and the average is generally in the mid 20s). Panne unfortunately also shares Selkie's pitiful 29 Atk, but her Spd, physical bulk and weapon make up for it by giving +3 to every stat as long as she's not adjacent to beasts/dragons on top of horse effective damage. She also comes with Astra, Chill Spd and Def Smoke so something's getting sorta demoted.

As for pulls, I did pretty well all things considered. Got a neutral Keaton off of the first ticket (although, like a goddamn idiot I kept pulling on a virgin 3.0 multiplier, the reason why it was 3.0 and not 3.25 was because my second pull was a +Spd/-Def Ylgr). The rest of the tickets got me a high enough multiplier to pull a spare Dorcas (+HP/-Spd) out of as well. So a few pity breakers, a few wasted Orbs and at least one on banner unit with not terrible IVs is just right.

The FB this time around is amusing at least, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the game's actual plot and the dipshit driving it.

Edit: Leg got leaked and its Roy. The good news is that we 'might' not have to worry about getting a repeat of the Sacred Stones banner from last year if the designated Roy Alt is getting sprung on us now (though the threat of a repeat of last year's Thracia 776 banner remains ever present).

Incidentally, looking over my notes, now that the Fateswakening beasts (Yarne aside) are in, that leaves Anna, Severa, Naga, Nah and Emmeryn from Awakening and Rinkah, Anna, Lilith, Nyx and Forrest as the top five yet to make it in respectfully across both 2018's and 2019's CYLs. Naga and Emmeryn didn't do terribly well during Awakening's CYL1 which is why the remaining two were Kellam and Cynthia, meanwhile, Lilith got edged out of Fates' CYL1's top five absentees because Caeldori is nothing, if not consistent in her placement.

Incidental to that, I had to travel down to rank 40 in Fates to get the top 5 absentees, and rank 33 for Awakening's in CYL1. In CYL2, I only had to descend to rank 32 for Fates and rank 29 for Awakening. And in CYL3, I only needed to reach ranks 24 and 20 respectfully. And if you think those numbers are deep (well they are comparatively speaking), Awakening's least popular entry CYL1's and 3's were Walhart at ranks 48 and 54 respectfully while CYL2's was Sully at rank 52. On the Fates' side of things, both CYL1's Siegbert and CYL2's Gunter ranked 74th within Fates' roster, with CYL3 going back to Siegbert at rank 80.

Also, holy shit were the GCN teams bullshit this month. Only one round did more than dismally (at least I got to rank high in Army for those matches at 1st and 10th respectfully; fucking 3rd round tryhards all had at least 230k in score despite the team never occupying more than 5 territories in a given round).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:25:38 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 22, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »
I had a round where my team ended up with a final score of like, 15. Only had like 2 areas at the end. I mean, if you don't have 2 or 3 people on your team to spam lances at the right times and carry everyone that's what will happen. Round 3 tends to be pretty consistent because the everyone around the world procrastinates so we all wait until then to spam our lances. Personally I find it worthwhile to go for the Rank 4-10 bracket in the first two rounds (top 3 is usually people dumping everything) and then emptying out on the last round.

Also, Legendary Roy won't save us from another Hector or Lilina alt. Lilina is designated FE6 waifu and Hector is second designated husbando of the franchise (after Ike). I doubt they'll resist the urge to put in beard Hector even though Lector really should've been that (and despite the fact everyone in the community will bellyache, secretly they'll be happy about it). WIldcard choice is a Shanna alt for a very belated celebration of her VG victory, but I don't think that'll happen.

RIP in peace Gustav. Place your bets on whether Sharena or Henriette gets it next. And yeah, Forging Bonds really has improved since they decided that it's a good vehicle for either character development or slice-of-life shenanigans with the Askrs rather than having the characters try to get into Kiran's pants the whole time. Although I want to say with Fates characters they're a lot better at preserving their character traits than they were with the Tellius beasts. Not too surprising I guess.

My free pull luck has ended it seems, since none of my summoning tickets got me anything shiny. Also after that free demonstration of Selkie's skill I've realized she's even more broken than I thought she was. At first I thought she would compare each stat individually for the bonuses, but instead it's just "lol just stack res for statblob".

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 22, 2019, 09:58:58 PM »
My Gamecube strategy is to go all in on either Horses and/or Fliers (since they get really good bonuses and I've got a fairly solid Horse Barracks going, though my Flier Barracks is in pretty bad shape right now and needs to be overhauled) and nope the hell out of Infantry (although with beasts like Keaton, I might be encouraged to shed off some of my Year 1 losers clogging the ranks), as I try to aim for the rank 25 rewards over any Army participation. Now if in my grind to rank 25, I score in the 1-3 tier on one of the first two rounds (or 4-10 on a round 3 like this one if I bother at all), then all the better, but I'm not grinding on whale lords for half a day non-stop to participate in that rat race (even with horses and a couple easy to clear map scoring 16k per battle). Admittedly, this would be a lot easier to do with some friended whales, but the biggest spender on my list is you Hathen, and by a wide margin. The stronger players I run afoul of in the Arena/AA and send friend requests to end up either ignoring me or loading me down with shitty reps and its another of the myriad of issues I have with the game.

As for Gustav, on the up side, at least getting horribly immolated hasn't stopped Gunnthra and Laegjarn from joining, performing well in CYL or in getting alts/FB coverage, so a Scythe to the chest shouldn't impact his playability too much. Although how many alternate Askrs are there for Gustav alts to pop in from? I think the bigger issue is that all this really accomplished is establishing Hel's actual motivation of having to show up every 20 years or so to drop another Askr king. All Alfonse managed to accomplish was extending his deadline from 9 days to 20 years. Meanwhile, if anybody's going to end up on the chopping block sooner rather than later, it'll be Kiran, who'll naturally manage to bullshit their way out of whatever death-clock contract Hel has planned for them.

For FE6's banner, the five highest ranking characters in the CYL polls still absent are Idunn, Rutger, Dieck, Lugh and either Wolt, Gonzalez or Percival. Given the general trend towards gender parity, and that Sue and Echidna are the highest females outside of Idunn, I suspect our next banner should consist of Rutger, Dieck, Sue and Echidna with Idunn as either a GHeB or a Mystic and Wolt as the T_T reward character. Now watch it either be more Lilina, Hector alts; Marcus, Wolt, and Alance with Tithe as the T_T reward character (and Idunn as the Mystic because come on), or Wolt, Bors, Lalum and Thite with Lugh as the T_T reward, Thite as the obvious demote and Bearded Hector as the Mystic (because fuck Int Syst).

Welp Edit: This week's bid for Tier 20 just got fucking murdered by running afoul of Whale Privilege. Nothing like taking on a weak composition and getting utterly owned purely by the fact that the mode rewards whales with more building materials, making getting across certain powerlevel thresholds like Level 4 Def Forts both quicker and easier than dolphins/F2Pers. When you have matchups like Reinhardt (with no Reverse Affinity) versus Cecilia (with TA and is +5) and Cecilia can't drop Reinhardt even with a fully charged AoE special or that same Cecilia versus a Beronica and Beronica can outright counter kill Cecilia, also without needing to waste a B slot on RA, its just fucking bullshit. And of course I was out of Escape Hatches because it takes forever to advance a rank and this isn't the first time I've run afoul of Level 4 Def Forts this week. That means that nearly a full week of hard playing and rather effective Def wins minimizing losses just went down the motherfucking shitter. It also likely means another couple of weeks of outright coasting because fuck me for even goddamn trying until I can catch up in the Fort development (and March is likely to also carry some additional Whale Privileges in AR).

As for the most recent GHeB, its a lot easier than some of our more recent ones (*cough*Aversa and Gharnef*cough*).

2nd Anniversary Edit: Lmao, I love how the wailords of SF were plotting to use the Orb select sound to try to distinguish between units when the devs have been long since ahead of them in that regard. Meanwhile, I pulled a +Spd/-HP Wyndis because fuck me I guess. Also our next VG will be between advisors/tacticians. Here's hoping that Jagen wins it all (at least I won't go hungry for options this time around, unless it comes down to Innes versus either F!Morgan or Katarina; actually, I can't even go for Cecilia as she's already maxed out on HM; FFFFFFFFFFFFFF....).

Leg Edit: Lamo, wow. Apparently Roy is hella racist as his Leg version gets a skill that buffs him and all non-subhuman allies (on top of another skill that straight up doubles those buffs, everybody, but especially Bladetome users, are going to be hella hungry for that one, even Abyssal enemies would get straight up one-shot by a unit running +60 Atk and +12 Spd just to make sure), and beyond that, we're finally getting the expansion that explains how and why Valentia and Jugdral Lords are gonna manage to fit into the current Leg roster. Dragonbind is very much Binding Blade proper, and as such its gonna be hella broken against the current Dragon Armor Trainee meta as it combines the best of Breath of Fog and Lightning Breath (non-adaptive damage aside). Beyond that though, his banner also carries, Dancer Miccy and Hrid for Red; Lephraim, Male Azura Cosplay Corrin, and Spoopy Niles for Blue; Female Azura Cosplay Corrin, Gunnthra and Surtr for Green; Xandancer, MIKOTOOOO!!! and the triumphant return of Female Grima for colorless (would've been hella hilarious if DUUUUMA! got back in this month; way to waste your votes on that shitty 2nd year anniversary banner asshats).

Addendum: Apparently, Bonus Doubler doesn't actually 'double' bonuses so much as give an passive buff ala Wards, Spurs, Eirika's Refine, etc, so nevermind. Roy is pretty thoroughly meh since Beast Meta is going to quickly outpace Dragon Meta anyways and his Racism skill is locked to him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:26:54 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 26, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »
Probably worth pointing that Roy "Rip the gizzards off the lizards" of Pherae's Dragonbind+A slot is actually categorically worse than Larth's Exalted Falchion + Distant Counter, because Larth gets the extra +3 SPD on top. Regardless that A slot is still pretty damn good even without doubling bonuses themselves. Good setup and you have double the stats from a Fury A slot without the recoil. I might dump everything into red this time around, since aside from our boy there's Distant Counter Hrid and Hoshidan Micaiah, one of the best anti-meta units in the game. Blue is looking pretty good for skills too, between Null Follow-up and ATK/SPD Link. Colorless has Close Counter and Flash is kinda good. Green has Cancer Man of course.

Anyway for the free piece of coal I got in my stocking was -ATK Duma. I mean, the IV sucks but I kinda wanted him when he was released so I guess I get to have one for free now. Next AR season I'll just put him with a bunch of Legendaries and get a free -20 to my score losses I guess. Let's see if anyone will actually lose units to the team, because if they don't it's actually more effective to actually make a good defense team. I get to be lazy though, so there's that.

I'd be surprised if I was the highest spender on your friends list, personally. I've spent way more than I should have on this game (probably something like $70 total), but given the price of orbs it's probably only enough to pull like 3 or 4 5*s on average. Shit's way too overpriced. I have wasted way too many goddamn feathers on building meta shit that's pointless now though. My merged up budget armors for Arena score are quickly becoming pointless (Effie's still pretty good, but it's still dumb that there are infantries with equal stats to them now. Draug desperately needs a refined weapon of some kind.), and while Winter Cecilia is still a decent unit in AR for me, armor slayers are really, really common on defense teams nowadays and it's really risky to be running her.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 27, 2019, 04:07:50 AM »
So Elroy sucks, but that's not the real news. The real disaster report is that ol' L-Roy here is priming for yet another ultra predatory mode for Int Syst to further squeeze the Whales caught in their money grubbing nets.

As for why Loy sucks, he currently doesn't have a Leg bonus beyond temporarily gaining a BST Duel 4 skill (which lets him, and only him, score like a Gen 2 Armor rather than a Gen 3 Infantry) and +3 HP to anyone sharing a Blessing with him that week/month, on top of his weak inheritance and super racism exclusive skill. And of course Bonus Doubler is Infantry locked, but fortunately(?) its an A-skill that Staffbots can inherit making them and Bladetomers the ones who want the skill most (until it gets powercreeped a few months from now).

On the plus side, my pulls from his otherwise mediocre banner netted me a +Spd/-Def F!Grima, a +HP/-Res Red Thani Dancer, and a +Def/-HP Spoopy Niles. As I already had Xandancer, I'm now good on all of the available Seasonals from this one along with a way to scrub that -Def off my +Atk/-Def F!Grima (or perhaps she wants the +Spd to be harder to double).

As for L-Roy's maps, I rolled over his Lunatic one with my Arena team easily enough. Unfortunately, that Green Archer shuts down my Flier Emblem team hard, so I'm going to have to work on that if I want to use them or run to the Brazen 8 Celica strategy.

Also:

Fuck off Int Syst. This isn't funny and you know it.

Edit: Supporting Saias for perpetual multipliers because F!Morgan is beating the pants off of him 20 to 1 (plus he'll appreciate the extra HM).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 04:31:56 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 01, 2019, 02:49:34 AM »
Both versions of her have been greatly helpful in being anti meta cancer for me, so I'm on Team Cecilia beating the crap out of Jagen.

Meanwhile, I've put about 280 orbs into "Second Scouring or Bust" banner and not doing so hot once again. Sniped Red and so far I've come out with 4 5*s and I'm sitting at a 9.5% rate. Not doing too hot with the fodder either, only got 1 Draug with bad IVs and 1 Ares who I wouldn't mind building at some point if he wasn't -ATK. Red pool's too damn bloated. On the bright side the 5*s I did pull actually came out okay, I got:

1x "Lay low all the Geckos" (+ATK -DEF)
1x Frolicking Xander (+DEF -SPD)
2x Smug Smile Micaiah (+ATK -DEF) (+HP -DEF)

That's basically perfect IVs on Xander and one of those Micaiahs which is pretty crazy. Though Micaiah really has no crazy fodder so I'll probably just end up merging the second copy in. I would be eating Xander for Close Counter + QR3 too if those IVs weren't so good. -DEF on Loy kinda sucks, but at least I got him. Just sucks I didn't get any Distant Counter fodder to hand out.

I'll keep going until I reset the rate or the banner ends I guess. On that note, once again our free orb count has gone down with the release of the newest monthly quests. Fuck off IS. I don't get wtf they're even doing, how is it worth nickel-and-diming their playerbase out of these measly FTP orbs when this game makes millions? Considered uninstalling the game as soon as I saw that to be honest, it's only like 5 orbs or whatever, but this is just another checkmark on top of all the other shit they've been doing.

At least we got news on the weapons for the next update. They kinda cheated with the image this time, made it look like 6 refines but they double dipped with the characters sharing Dark Aura/Dark Excalibur. At least Klein and Sophia are getting some love alongside the Binding Blade banner, those two were really good units near the beginning, but they've been kinda forgotten with all the powercreep.

Also they're powering up Dark/Anima Mythics to make them reduce score loss even more. I'm guessing people with crazy defenses still won't find them worth it, but I guess I'll take a random buff to that free Duma I got.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 02, 2019, 03:44:53 AM »
I could accept the loss of the 5 Orbs if they had substituted them with something of similar value (like the tickets in FaceBond), but instead we're getting more AR Rocks, which means that everyone's going to have those high end buildings/traps that disable units with 50 HP or less (i.e. almost everybody since only Arden, Zephiel, OG Hector and Winter Chrom had >50 HP at base) sooner than before. Grails, Tickets, Dew, even Coins? Nope, can't be bothered with those. Couldn't even be bothered with Dragon Flowers. Fucking hell Int Syst.

As for the Forges, at least Klein and Sonya are getting some love. Plus I had just gotten around to promoting Sophia to 5 stars so she'll have a nice weapon to upgrade to when all is said and done.

And for the VG, now that Saias got horribly smoked, its time for the other Jugdral character to get thrashed by Awakening scum as I continue farming up my overall rank with Lewyn.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 05, 2019, 05:41:17 AM »
Same hell killed Cecilia, but I hopped in with Soren who has been giving me lots of opportunities to spend my flags. Hopefully he'll blue shell that useless daughteru.

Cashed in on my pity rate, but unfortunately got another Micaiah. Another Roy or Hrid would've been much preferable, but whatever.

Next banner has been leaked due to people playing around with urls. Confirmed units are

Spoiler: show
Lugh: Green with Gronnserpent. About time another Serpent tome showed up.
Rutger: Duh.
Sue: Hurray for third bow cav cheese. I want to say they might make her colored to make her more unique, but if they go for color parity she'd be blue, which doesn't really fit her. If anything she'd be green. She does seem to get a new bow though, so we might be getting a Wo Bow, but I'm more expecting a Prf because of waifu factor. That and Lugh already gives us our inheritable weapon quota for the banner.
Idunn: Also an obvious choice, but I'm surprised that she has low odds at being a Mythic Hero (otherwise she probably wouldn't get uploaded so early). I guess she's not strictly God-like when you think about it since she's just a corrupted Divine Dragon, but I can't think of much else in Elibe that comes close.

So they pretty much played it 100% safe here. I don't think it's unlikely a TT and/or GHB will come along with this banner so it's likely there might be one or even two heroes not found while people were digging around. Of course an alt is kinda likely.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 05, 2019, 07:06:19 AM »
Not sure how I feel about this. Until I'm certain that no alts are getting in, I can't say that this banner did right by me. Its a good spread of high ranking units though, but Idunn being part of the banner and not a Mystic or even a GHeB is unconventional to say the least (and I'm pretty sure this is going to be the case, as its too soon for another GHeB after Panne, and its unlikely that FE6 is getting both a Leg and a Myst in the space of one month, not like they're beholden to running a Leg/Myth along a monthly banner theme as Duma can attest; a T_T unit is our most likely Grail unit this month and the one alternate path for Idunn). At least FE6 could still run St. Elimine or Hartmut, especially since the former has already been depicted before and the latter was the previous wielder of the Binding Blade.

The real Myst question though is which game are they actually going to use March's likely Mystic banner (as Duma wasn't exactly from the Tellius games during January's Laguz focus, and Loy is already covering FE6's Leg reppage this month)?

As for the VG, I waited too long to jump into round 3 so I joined with Soren instead of Forgan. Hopefully the disparity is enough to keep us away from Same hell for too long (not that I'm terribly worried about it since I did extremely well on round 1 and fairly well on round 2). (Edit: And then of course I slept through most of round 3 due to burnout so there goes my overall rank.)

Edit: Lol, goddammit Int Syst. Rutger's the GHeB (and that's a pretty goddamn fast GHeB turnaround to boot). Lmfao. Thea will be joining Lugh's banner harem as well as be the most likely demote. Sue's a Green Horse Bow which is pretty meh. And of course Idunn is another Red Armored Dragon (but will she have 180 BST like Spoopy Myrrh?). All in all, a 'safe' banner, much like January's and February's.

Also, hi Zombie Dad. Guess that's bad news for Askr Mom then.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:22:12 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 06, 2019, 01:35:58 AM »
They did decent on the hero choices, but there's a lot of little annoyances in this banner (guess it wouldn't be FEH otherwise though).

Rutger is likely doomed to be mediocre, but that's just sword infantry in general (although the leak seemed to show him with a possible Prf so he might be salvageable at least). I feel like another recruitable enemy like Gonzales would've been more interesting, but I guess they went with the popular choice.

I like Sue as a colored horse bow personally. I mean, it's a rare movement/weapon combination to begin with so she would've been just fine as colorless too. Of course she has crazy fodder in almost every single slot so she'll definitely stay 5*-locked.

Some people hate Lugh's art, but personally I really like that they got the same Etrian Odyssey guy to do both Raigh and Lugh. Only thing is that I feel like Raigh's eyes should be a bit sharper. Also Lugh sounds like he's 16 or something when he's supposed to be like 12. Personally think they should've gotten a female VA for him. I want to say Lugh might get demoted because his kit is kind of underwhelming, but because of Thea, Serpent Tomes will likely stay 5*-locked and we won't get an easy-access Rally+ skill.

Thea getting in brings some hope for characters lower in popularity polls I guess (though probably only if they're waifus), but goddamn is that skill kit some kind of joke? It's like they realized "shit we haven't added all the seal skill combinations yet" so just randomly threw one on an obvious demote character. She'll be basically worthless even as fodder, we already have Steady Posture from Reyson and Vanguard is a niche weapon at best. If they don't demote both Thea and Lugh it'll actually be worse than having no demote at all, because all Thea will do is clog up the fodder pool when you could've gotten Silas or her desperately better sister instead.

I fucking love how Idunn is basically a hard Surtr counter (watch her have just enough SPD to double Surtr past Wary Fighter with her Vengeful). At least for once the armored Dragon designation makes a bit of sense. Biggest disappointment? Why is her battle sprite only her head? We're not going to get the claw animation where she gently touches someone and does 30 HP damage?

also lol zombie gustav

at least the plot is progressing

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 06, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
Shanna's Alt at least has a better/inheritable version of vanilla Vidonif, but the rest of that skill set is early Gen 1 bad (I guess she's looking to usurp Subaki as Blue Flying Tank, but unless she's rocking Gen 3 flier BST (and she's not), or is an airborne Silas, she's going to be redundant even as an uncommon demote).

And yeah, Lugh should be demoted, but likely won't be because of course Int Syst is going to let greed win out in the end (and the Gen 3 BST seals this deal regardless).

Also, it amuses me to see just how many effects are stacked onto Idunn's Prf. She gets Def +3, Armor Effective damage, the ability to null any debuffs laid onto her, +4 across the board should she be either debuffed or damaged, and the usual Dragon's adaptive damage. The fact that she even comes with a tier 4 skill along with her other major slots filled is just icing on the whale bait.

And hell, Sue would've been a headliner with that set a few months back. Too bad about that powercreep.

Basically, this banner confirms what I've been feeling from the game as of late. Tepid with a dash of underhanded whaling, keeping me from either dropping it outright or forgiving anything from the last several months of bullshit.

As for minor, nice try to escape my notice, they've upped the number of Blessings awarded per AR session from 1 to 2 (they've once again condensed the awarded stones now down to 45 per every second and fourth days AR is played per session).

Edit: Update's through now. The new weapons provide Sophia with Naglfar (now making her femslash Lyon, lol) and Klein with Amiti Bow (pretty much the winner just for this; although Klein isn't exactly that fast, even without the Brave Spd penalty, but we did just get that Darting Blow Seal). As for the refines, Argent Bow gains Chill Def 3 (which is a solid buff given its utility value alone), Eternal Tome gets +4 Def/Res when attacked (Male Sophia just got powercrept hard), Dark Excalibur gets Scarlet Sword's refine effect (which is okay on its own, but needs a cooldown booster like Special Spiral to really shine; kinda sucks that Soyna's getting joined at the hip with Merric on this though), and Dark Aura gets +5 Atk/Spd when standing next to Melee users that also gain the Tome's original buff effect (this on the other hand benefits both Linde and Delthea equally).

As for stats, Idunn is indeed a Dragon Trainee Armor just to complete the Gen 3 whale bait. Sue is green Bowlyn. Lugh is our first clear Gen 3 Mage. Thea is the Catria of Binding Blade to Shanna's Caeda Palla (because we all know Juno gets Est; I wouldn't be surprised if by 2022 Int Syst would bring back Jagen's/Gunter's BST rating penalty for her). And Rutger is Gen 3 Navarre down to his being like every other Red Sword Infantry that exists and gets styled upon by better/more interesting Sord Lords than him. BTW, Rutger's skills are Slaying Edge+, Vengeance, Atk/Def Bond and Vantage (ZZZ...).

Meanwhile Zombdad continues to shit on his kids with his Axe Glitnir which grants him Atk+3, Death Blow 3 against Melee units and a guaranteed follow up attack on initiation with no other strings attached.

Further Edit: So something that's come up in the 3.3 datamine was changes made to VG's voting system now allowing for the use of a mode specific 'stamina' instead of forcing players to wait 30 mins to 'cast a vote.' Currently, the information isn't clear as to what the exact effects are, but it's more than likely going to suck before they 'fix' it so that it becomes yet another Whale Privilege.

And this is to Edit even further: So if you were wondering if Velouria might not have been good enough to remain 5 star locked, well she was, so nobody gets demoted from February (the last time this happened with a non-seasonal/special event banner was the Fallen Heroes banner a year ago, which is now the only other time this has happened). To add to the bleh, my lucky pull this month was of a +Res/-Spd Thea (at least I'll have a chance to fix this several months from now, assuming I'm still playing by then). Edit: And then it took another 4 tickets and 100 Orbs to pull a +HP/-Res Idunn because letting a 4.0 multiplier go sucks, and that's how Tickets get you to spend on a drawpool available banner with an obvious demote.

As for the plot,
Spoiler: show
its okay Alfonse, your dad was secretly 2 days from retirement dying of anime sickness all along so your fuck up didn't even change a thing (aside from your dad getting zombified; that one's still all on you). Also I'm willing to bet good Feathers that 'dead branch' becomes Alf's Prf evolution to replace his current meh one (and no, I'm not referring to an actual "Sword of Bravery" but an actual 'dead branch').

As for FB, looks like its antics for the Askr trio as Idunn and Lugh paint the town black. It actually kind of incredibly meh, much like the rest of this month's nonsense.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:20:44 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 09, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »
re: no demote- eat a dick IS

Also I put 60 orbs into the newest banner, and I came out with two pities- a Lewyn and a fucking -ATK +SPD Dorcas. At least they're pretty good pity breakers I guess, but I'm really butthurt about that IV on Dorcas. At least with Lewyn I can merge him into the one I had. I'm not sure if I should do that or eat him for either Special Spiral or Odd Attack Wave (for Nino) though.

At least the refines are pretty nice. My built Sophia is actually still 4*, she was a huge MVP for me early on in the game but I've barely touched her in a long while. I will probably promote her though. Sophia's refine is about as uncreative as you can get, but at least it's really good. Some people who like running her with Owltome will contend this refine is worse, but I'm not really seeing it. These days it's a really bad idea to have units standing next to each other most of the time, with Aversa fucking everywhere and danced units sniping backrows.

I'm actually kinda unimpressed with Klein's refine. It's a really good weapon but Klein is let down by his outdated statline. ATK just isn't high enough to match the likes of Leon or Jamke, and SPD is just not high enough for consistent quads even with the lower penalty. At least he has support utility with that chill though, like you said.

I don't think Sonya needs to worry about Merric taking her thunder with Dark Excalibur, because Merric would be terrible with it. To put things in perspective, a +10 Merric with an ATK boon has 1 more ATK than base Sonya. Neutral base Sonya. Sonya, on the other hand, will easily slot into the ranks of Ophelia and Lilina on cancerous turn 1 special one-shot AR teams.

Dark Aura is basically just Refined Aura except for opposite weapon types.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 10, 2019, 04:18:04 AM »
YOU GODDAMN RAT BASTARDS!!! I knew you were going to pull that fucking horse shit and you did!

So Tap Battle is now totally bereft of Orbs, or much else of value (10 Seal Coins and a bunch of Feathers from converting accessories and the daily grind), and on top of the monthly income getting slashed by 5 more, that's a net loss of 14 Orbs per month. Even if the upcoming content is where those Orbs are going into, that'll just make the loss suck even harder due to whatever's cooking being designed for maximum whaling.

Edit: Oh goddammit. Its a fucking encore. So they're literally phoning this one in for the month and potentially other months too. What a goddamn waste of time.

At this rate, I won't be around to see Fodlan hit (which may be for the best if I have to see a bunch of students in their shitty school uniforms all over the place).

Some people who like running her with Owltome will contend this refine is worse, but I'm not really seeing it. These days it's a really bad idea to have units standing next to each other most of the time, with Aversa fucking everywhere and danced units sniping backrows.

Not to mention staff cancer builds like Pain+ or Beronica with double Savage Blow and mass debuffs everywhere. Moreover, Owltome buffs have fallen off the cliff in terms of competitiveness thanks to the efforts of Leg Lyn and others that gain similar buffs from 2 range. Even Drives and Tactics have greatly reduced the need to be standing next to one-another while offering stronger buffs for a similar amount of effort. Bonds have started becoming available as well which means that you only need one person standing next to you rather than the entire team for a similarly sized buff, and Solos and Beast mechanics exist now to further reduce the need to bunch up.

Compared to the above, having TA on two different colors with a TA friendly build is vastly more useful (especially since all that Sophia originally had was a Silver Tome). Doubly so as Ravens have long been relegated to the untouchables bin alongside Braves, Gems Weapons and Bladetomes so more diversity/availability of these will help big in offering team flexibility.

Edit: New calendar is up and now I know why it took so long for them to get it out. Turns out it was to sneak April's New Heroes Summon Banner onto the very end of the calendar. Otherwise March/April is looking mighty thin with its round of usuals (including the newly gimped Tap Battles) and little else. Our next Seasonal Banner is most likely Spring again, and most likely to be inundated with Fateswakening Characters or OGs again (because heaven forbid that a month goes by without yet another Fates Alt getting shoved in).

And there goes another GHeB that my Flier Emblem beat down. I'll admit this much, they did a good job of showing Rutger as being Sord Guy #3201 (as that's what he is outside of FE6 and its horrible Hit% on non-Swords, Axes everywhere, ridiculous Throne bonuses, and a lack of another competent Sword for ages).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:51:11 AM by Aeolus »