Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1440 on: March 11, 2019, 10:05:24 PM »
March is looking pretty barren, dunno what's with that given that our supposed new mode or whatever LRoy is made for will be coming out in April. Anyway that seems to be a bad choice when half the community is still salty from the removed orbs. Others are putting their expectations onto whatever is coming from April. I mean, at the end of the day they've removed a total of like 20 orbs or whatever, and it's not a big deal when we get something like 250-300 per month these days, it just makes no sense to be doing something like that when all it does is irritate everybody.

Also Rutger's map was pretty annoying, tiny space to maneuver, lots of trees and trenches. Fliers obviously need not apply but it also favors armors, so I basically soloed the damn thing with Lector and a healer. Too bad Rutger's really meh (Gen 3 BST does him some favors but I doubt that'll last more than a few months), but free ATK/DEF Bond at 4* is pretty nice to have.

Also I unfortunately screwed up too hard on AR this week and only made it to the 1001-3000 bracket. RIP in peace 5 extra grails.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 15, 2019, 02:39:44 PM »
Nothing like repeating November's dry spell to help push a few more stragglers off the wagon. At least this time they didn't start the month with a banner full of goddamn Fates Alts (and Mikoto) after spending nearly an entire year slipping in Fates Alts, on top of shoving wave after wave of powercreeping OCs in our general direction.

Looking back at 2018's March, we were still settling in on the implementation of Legendaries with the advent of the Blessed Gardens and our first round of Leg Battles with F!Grima, and there was the last of the FEW DLC crosspromotion event battles, plus a couple of extra quests (like a 3 Heroes, and the year long GHeB quests). So while March '18 wasn't amazing, its still far more interesting compared to this year's nothingburger of a month.

As for AR bullshit, I've finally implemented my double Duma defense, complete with dual Anima blessings on Aversa and Reinhardt and support from Lazura (who gets to Tactics buff everybody as I have two horses, two fliers and two armors), so at worst, I'm only hemorrhaging 50 points every 20 hours over 80 (and any kills my team manages knocks that number further down by 20 a head). I'm actually doing kinda well so far with it (only one round ended on a full 50 loss and that team had a 4+1 Offensive Fort compared to my 3+1 Def Fort) so hopefully I can finally claw my way up to tier 20 this week.

Meanwhile the most recent GCN's intro got a chuckle out of me.
Miccy: "Lets have a battle....for good relation's sake."
Snacky: "Sure thing sis."
Burger King: "Why am I even here?"

Incidentally, I also finally got around to clearing F!Robin Abyssal earlier this week with a team of Celica, Lazura, Gronnlwen and Ursula. Just Xander left to go before I'm ready for the next round of ReGHeB Abyssals.

Also:

Welp! :V

Edit: Meanwhile, more Bunny Alts. At first I thought the female bunny was Micaiah, but her hair looks to be off and the male doesn't look like Sothe (also too soon), then I thought that could be Eirika and Innes, and then I recall how Ayra was reduced to pallet swapped Eirika and that could be Quan, and now I realize that there really isn't a lot to go on due to how Seasonals give no fucks and we could get both Micaiah and Innes, or Eirika and Quan, or even Karla and Harken and screw the rules.

Bundit: So instead of any of the above, we got Spring 2018 mk 2 instead. Palla instead of Catria, Bruno and Veronica instead of Alfonse and Sharena, Marisa instead of Kagero for the popular whalebait choice, and also Loki instead of letting Anna get an alt. I'm almost impressed by my disappointment (granted Palla and Marisa are great choices and should've gotten alts sooner, and finally a playable Bruno, but even then the methodology of this particular banner is awe-inspiring in its uninspired selection) At least we're getting a free flying Bow user out of the deal.

As for the skills, some serious whalebait again with AR Trap Dismantle, G Flier Duel, and moar Dazzle for Wrazzle Dazzle shenanigans, but beyond Pegasus's Carrot, another instance of Guidance and Grail locked 4 star Flier Formation, the rest are thoroughly meh to lame (Hone Fliers got somewhat less premium locked thanks to the otherwise worthless Towel Camilla). The characters themselves aren't too much to write home about though. Bruno and Loki have amazing/semi-amazing Def for their weapon/move types (lol at Bruno being built like a brick shithouse) but Staffbots don't really need huge Def scores (Azama cries in a corner somewhere), and high Def doesn't save fliers from Bows on their own (so Loki can expertly facetank Daggers and ...). Palla's solid though, Marisa has Sword Infantry stats on a Pegasus while holding a Lance, and Veronica is basically Sky Nino but with a different flavor of busted Green Tome Prfage.

Edit Hops Again!: And I've finally clawed my way into AR tier 20. Fucking finally.

T_T Edit: Yeah, even the Seals are mediocre. Spd/Res Bond is the top this time around followed HP/Spd as that can be used on Aversa with Warding Stance bringing up the rear. Also, hope you weren't counting on your Year 1 Spring Seasonals to get the job done as its Years 2 and 3 Springs only (minus the Ninjabbit because she'd be too good?). This just further emphasizes the need to expand the bonus unit choices to 12 per T_T/Arena season/AR week.

Bun Bun Edit: Well it took me every Orb I had on hand, but I managed to snag a Bunorinca (+Atk/-Def even). Of course while pulling for her, I managed to snag a spare 4 star Shigure and fuck all else worth mentioning.

Also, I've reeditted my Bunny Edits because they were all hopping all over each other and not cutting to the core of the meh of this month's seasonal.

These Edits are Multiplying like Bunnies: Welp. That answers that question about seeing Gen 1 seasonal reruns this year. My free pulls brought in a +1 to my Minerva (which in turn gave her +5 goddamn HP due to fixing a superbane on one of the +merge stats) and trash.

Like pulling an Edit outta my hat: Got Xander Abyssal done yesterday. Admittedly, I couldn't really describe what I did to actually win it over my previous attempts other than Dancers can in fact tank as long as its not against color, a fully charged special or Gen 2 or 3 bullshit. And with that, all of them finally done and dusted. Maybe I'll soon be ready to challenge the future that is the Leg/Myst Abyssals (not that I haven't gotten a few of them done already). Also started dipping back into my Lunatic CC battle backlog again. Also got robbed of sub-10k rank in AR this week. All in all, I'm beginning to get back out of the winter slump (albeit no thanks to whatever fresh hell the devs have up next for us).

Suddenly Dragons Edit: Let me know what how that Dragila X FEH crossover does because it looks one way.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 01:58:47 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 27, 2019, 11:39:30 PM »
Dragalia's going through its 6-month celebration, and so far what they've announced really makes what FEH did for a 2nd anniversary look even worse. To be fair, them giving out more summoning tickets isn't that big of an advantage since Dragalia's gacha rates are much shittier than FEH's, but the real meat is that they're adding a sizable amount of content with the celebration (The third major endgame boss encounter of the game, along with a number of minibosses).

Also, Yune intensifies. People who wanted their score boosted on Astra/Anima week will have to wait another 2 months. This banner is crazy stacked everywhere but I have dick all for orbs.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 28, 2019, 03:01:10 AM »
I've been grinding some of my CC backlog just in case, but this is a pretty ridiculous set of units and I don't have nearly enough Orbs. Yune to deal with AR tier 21 dogshit; W!Mia, Ophelia, Lewyn for solid units, Brave Lyn and Celica and Spoopy Myrrh for merging shenanigans, and Drunk Kagero and Lyoma to fill a dex gap/+8 D.Flowers. A good way to end a dry month.

My beef with the Dragilia Lost thing is that I really do hope it stays entirely on their end. We absolutely do not need the devs to have even more excuses to continue not giving FE5 a proper banner (nevermind some of the other neglected games like Archanea or deeper Tellius/Magvel coverage). Hell, it took over 2 years just to get FE6 one and if DL idiots start showing up, next there'll be riots for the TMS fuckers (I'd rather have a Smash Bros crossover before the TMS losers) and the few FEW/Cipher OCs to show up as well. And on top of that the 3H Club is basically guaranteed at least two or three banners to get a solid base for them going (with a couple of seasonals because the Three Housekateers will be the new hotness for the foreseeable future), and there's likely an FE7 banner in the works (Louise's commanding CYL3 rank + Pent's solid performance bespeaks a high probability of one in the near future), plus the ever likely Fateswakening banner (because they aren't all in yet) which means there won't be another opportunity for FE5 until Fall or next year even (given how dire late Fall/early Winter gets) assuming the game even makes it that far.

TL;DR: If DL does show up, I'm dropping the game.

Meanwhile, the next VG is villains' week (oh hey, a VG where I have everybody, woot). BTW, don't forget they changed the rules.

Edit: Looking at it. First they're offering a multiplier to stronger teams now as well (only goes up to 3.25x and starts at 1.10x), and second, they changed the participation from every 30 mins to a Stamina system which looks to be slightly more scummier than it originally was. They're also requiring that you have a Friend List at least 10 friends deep for maximum points (lmao).

The short of it is that rather than needing to vote on several multiplier hours to burn your Flags while guessing when a where a Same Hell might strike, you can now effectively do it in two shots per round (+2 to get rid of that excess 130 Flags). The stronger team multiplier just means that weaker teams (anything weaker than 3 to 1) are now turbo fucked and exist purely for Feather Mercs.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:23:44 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 28, 2019, 04:09:02 AM »
Most importantly, Surtr banner. Unfortunately my free pull had no Greens and all I got was another copy of Male Robin. Anyway I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the VG changes. At least it means I don't have to check my phone every fucking half hour if I just dump all 8 tickets at once I guess, but some flaws I spot immediately:

1. It should be like 10-15 max instead of 8, your obligatory "pressure people to play three times a day" gacha shit should be thrown in the trash where it belongs.

2. You will need to stick around for at least an hour at the start of a match. You spend 1 ticket for the first hour, and then hope your side gets a multiplier the next hour so you can dump the 8 (7 plus the 1 you recovered). If your side is winning, you have to wait another hour. If you don't do this and just dump your 8 tickets, you'll be behind right from the get-go by a sizable amount.

3. They upped the amount of flags you can spend at once to 800, which is another nice change for people who don't want to be looking at their phones while they're off doing actually important things, but this further incentivizes hoarding your flags until the very final moment so you can cash them in on the highest multiplier possible. Basically you'll be playing a game of chicken towards the end hoping you won't either get a double opponent multiplier or same hell to screw your plans over (this was already sort of happening, but its much higher risk now).

4. I don't entirely get the purpose of adding a multiplier for the winning team as well. I guess this might increase Shanna-style wins, but lowering the losing multiplier probably would've done the same.

I'd say its an improvement overall though.

I'm still a bit torn where I should focus my efforts for the upcoming Mythic. I have close to 200 orbs at this point which isn't really enough to guarantee pulling anything specific. I guess Colorless is the easiest for me to ignore since I have both Eir and Lyn (Witchy Wand would be really nice but not worth pulling if I want just that one unit), but the other 3 all have something I want.

Red: I've wanted Brave Celica for a long time, I don't have HMyrrh, and Ryoma is arguably the best sword flier in the game (and the one I have is decidedly -ATK).
Blue: The evil AR cancer trinity needs no introduction.
Green: Yune, Special Spiral and HKagero with her Bottled Juice and Bold Fighter.

I guess I might ignore red because I could always wait for another Brave Celica banner. I'll probably pull green praying for Yune to show up, then dump the rest into blue.

As for Dragalia, obviously since I've been mostly enjoying that game (though to be fair, FEH had positive vibes most of its first year too) I wouldn't mind Dragalia characters getting some one-off crossover event in FEH (I mean, they're animu fantasy characters with swords, axes and lances, so at least they wouldn't look out of place), but I agree it should really be something done as a bonus that doesn't intrude on stuff otherwise going on. Come to think of it, they could just have them in place of a seasonal banner and have a New Hero running that same month and I think it'd be fine. As for further crossovers, I'd be more concerned about people subsequently demanding that other Fantasy-themed Nintendorks like Link or Pit show up.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 28, 2019, 05:17:45 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a replaced seasonal banner with a DL one either, but so far they've been unwilling to deviate from their preestablished order (beyond adding a Hotsprings one over a second Jan banner) and I don't imagine them doing so now either.

As for Lyoma, I thought Laegjarn was the current top Red Flying Sword (what with the silliness of Niu and all on top of being in the general draw pool versus Leg/Myst locked, she just needs to inherit Distant Counter and she can flies circles around Lyoma)? If Raijinto got a refine buff though, I could see him pulling ahead of her.

My prediction for VG abuse is that people wait until they see how the first hour shakes out (since nobody gets a multiplier in the first hour), then you spend 2 or 3 stamina on the hour of your chosen team's first multiplier, and then 2 more until you reach either the 3.5 or 3.4 multiplier (whichever team gets it first), and then take a stamina dump before walking away for 8 hours to do it again until the 6.7/6.6 multiplier hour where you take your first almighty Flag dump followed by the vaunted 7.5 (or sucks to be you 7.4) multiplier hour to take your second almighty Flag dump for the round.

The stronger team multiplier effect is most likely a Same Hell buster insomuch as to prevent Same Hell from forming (unless of course your teams manage to get stuck in Same Hell in which case the change is beyond useless), but what it really does is weaken the Weaker Team multipliers' strength. Instead of having their votes stand from 310% to 750% stronger than a stronger team's votes, it'll only ever stand from 200% to 295% stronger with the effect's strength decreasing rather than increasing. Its basically to prevent cases like the Brave Veronica vs. Brave Ephraim outcome. Its also why I mentioned the 3 to 1 ratio being a death sentence to weaker teams, its not mathematically possible to overcome a 3 to 1 advantage with the new multiplier barring an influx of late joiners, feather mercs and serious shenanigans.

And with that all said, I agree that its an overall improvement just by reducing the participation mandate from 30 minutes per vote to 8 hours per vote, but also need to mention that it just goes to show just how fucked up the VG has always been, and always will be, that something that so grants such an easier to leverage action could be considered an improvement without the need of quotation marks to denote sarcasm.

As for my VG banner pull, all I got was another piece of Brash Assault 2/Fury 1/Hammer&|Smite fodder.

Now that I think about it, I'm sure as hell glad I didn't waste my Skyloft Dew on that added 50 Stamina over the season transition. Not when the game is doling out these AR whale friendly banners. The sooner I get a tier 5 Offensive Fort the better.

Datamine Edit: Welp crap. Yune has crappy Spd and Gen 2 stats which means that Bunroncia is almost straight up better outside of Chaos Named and Aversa's generally better at mass debuffing anyways.

As for my pulls, I did the best I could but sadly no Yune for me (I did net a spare Eir though so I could try for a doubled up Light Blessing for my next climb attempt, +Atk/-Def for maximum minmaxing, a third Eir will eventually fix this one's IVs). Also pulled a spare Lewyn with shitty IVs (I'll see what I can try to inherit both Special Spiral and Swift Sparrow off of him onto Sonya for maximum nuking shenanigans), and a spare Brave Celica also with shitty IVs (but I haven't merged my first Belica yet so my current one gets some extra Def, HP and Spd). Also picked up a spare Ares (my first since his original banner before it turned out that he was the demotion instead of Lene) and my first Legault (now only Reyson eludes my grasp on full Uncommon coverage). Unfortunately, because the Ares I got has good IVs, Vanilla Celica's gonna have to continue waiting for maximum Brazen, moreover, Legault didn't which means I have to wait for a good one of him to come along as well.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:31:29 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 29, 2019, 03:48:26 AM »
Doesn't really change the fact that Mythics give the whole team lots of stats and have lots of useful unique skills themselves. Even if their stats end up lackluster they're still interesting to use if nothing else. Having guaranteed doubles with that low-but-not-totally-dumped SPD stat means Yune can also double the odd Wary Fighter tank, which is sure to piss off FTPs who don't have easy access to the whale Fighter skills.

BTW for Lyoma vs Leg-yarn: Thigh-thread is a really unique unit with Niu and punishes people in PvP for buffing like crazy so she has niche use, but Lyoma has the highest speed stat of all Red fliers and has pseudo-Wrath, which fliers can't learn. The funny thing is that Raijinto is actually dumpster garbage for him because his defenses are laughable. Pretty much all the good Lyoma builds are the usual Firesweep hit-and-run flier cheese builds. I'd like very much to stick with his spiffy lightning sword, but they would need to refine it with something interesting to justify it because Lyoma does not have the spread for enemy phase builds at all. Can't tank mages because of that terribad RES and he explodes to archers without wasting a seal slot.

So after having bad to mediocre results on the last two Legendary banners (as well as constant pity breakers while pulling Langrisser Mobile), I can say that the results I got this time can be considered cleaning house. I ended up pulling basically whatever colors I felt like because I accomplished my initial goals pretty fast. With just ~195 orbs I obtained:

Yune (Neutral): On the first free pull too.
WAH (+SPD -HP): Perfect IVs I think? Whatever the case I think I should start trying to integrate her into my teams to stop those godawful Infantry Pulse teams.
Yune (+DEF -ATK): Worst IVs possible, but I'm not going to complain about getting 2 of her within the first 50 orbs or so.
Drunk Kagero (-DEF +RES): Meh IVs but she adds another FEHdex entry.
LAzura (+RES -DEF): Don't think I'll be needing the Duel skill, so probably merging.
Spooky Myrrh (+HP -DEF): Ouch, -DEF is the worst thing on her. Oh well, FEHDex entry and free feathers when I get around to grinding.
Lewyn (+SPD -DEF): Perfect IVs coming at an inopportune time, already got 1 merge for the guy. Special Spiral it is.
THEE ENNY MEE (+DEF -SPD): Her skills are all pretty common at this point, so I guess I get to +2 her.

Didn't get Celica, Lucina, or Ophelia, so I guess I might try a few more if they give us orbs the next couple days. I'm definitely happy with what I got though.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 01, 2019, 04:46:28 AM »
In regards to your points towards Code Lyoma versus Princess Leja, while on paper Air Hoshido has better base Spd over L-jarn, but in reality the two are tied due to Niu's passive +3 Spd buff leaving Sky Lobster only +2 Atk and +3 Res over and -8 Def under with no help coming from Raijinto or Firesweep+. As for Sudo-Wrath, any House of Flying Daggers unit can also gain this trait (provided they're fed a fatty Ninjabbit, which is admittedly not a cheap or easy investment to make and your selection is limited to Sweaty Camilla, Bun Bun ImPalla, HiSoaka, Air (with her already better Prf) and said Ninjabbit) or bring in your resident Hauteclare users (with a bonus for a Killing Edge effect and better availability...?). And in the specific case of the Big Bro Ryo comparison to Big Sis Muspell, they basically come out even since Bonfire can do the equivalent with an in battle Def buff (like Steady Stance, Armored Strike or Atk/Def Bond) without giving up LJ's B-slot, while Legyoma has to choose either something small like Moonbow or Glimmer for a similar effect, or go big with Astra or Aether, which requires some additional heavy investments to get the most out of (the fact that Flashing Blade is Infantry/Refine exclusive continues to be hot bullshit).

Anyways, rumor has it that we may be getting another RD banner sooner than later. According to some sources, there's a discrepancy involving the id markers of the game's field sprite images. This discrepancy specifically invovles a sizable gap between Yune's and Nailah's id markers (specifically Yune's is #15 while Nailah's is #9), meanwhile, no such gap exists between Duma's and Kliff's id markers. The significance of this lies in the fact that these id numbers are ordered by game of origin and implementation within FEH. That's enough for a banner plus either a GHeB or another T_T reward unit.

And as for our Leg/Myth battles, I finally got revenge on Infernal Lazura on top of taking out Infernal Yune et all. I'm also looking at maybe reaching the 6k Feather mark at somewhere around 85k points in T_T. I've made one last attempt at filling my pokedex on this 7 day banner and got screwed by a spare Legcina with also shitty IVs instead (a choice between +Res or +Def with either fixing the other's HP bane, Distant Guard's a bit too meh to burn a potential +1 merge on and everybody and their sister has Swift Sparrow (and if it hadn't come out when it did and on the units it did, WoM would've been a hella premium skill and would likely remain so to this day)). At least I'm not leaving a pity rate behind. -_-;

You know, I might have been more amused by Feh's antics for this year's April FEH-ools (this is how you pun game; what the fuck is FEHpril Fools?) if we weren't getting painfully reminded about the continued loss of another 5 Orbs this month (and March ended on 287 Orbs, which is 3 less Orbs than last November, i.e. the worst month for Orbs in 2018; in fact we were averaging 328 Orbs a month last year and we're currently down 60 Orbs compared to where we were in 2018). At least they didn't fuck us over with the VG quests (they've actually gotten better too, less grinding the Arena and refreshing for color coverage; hell, they even went back and readjusted the daily Flags from 5 to 50 leading to a full 2000 Flags per session).

As for the VG, I'm joining team 1500 victoly feathers with Idunn. Only M!Grima stands a chance as he's only getting smoked by less than 2:1 (why am I not even remotely surprised at these numbers). Important info: The Ballot Stamina counter neither starts full or filling from zero from when you join. Instead, it starts filling from the very start of the Round so its perfectly viable to wait to start rather than needing to jump in at hour 1 to maximize voting potential (it also means that you can maximize your minimal mode interaction by only voting 6 times; with one ballot being only 5x Strength instead of 8x).

Edit: So Round 1 is over and now Round 'Forgone Conclusion' begins. At least the people on team Garon who didn't have Slime Dad back in round 1 can now fill a pokedex slot while picking a new team to back, while the rest of us gets a few orbs and to save a few Grails that nobody was going to spend as Gooron blows.

Golden Week Edit: FEH Channel incoming. Probably dissin the new mode and El Roy's Leg Blessing gimmick as well as stuffs related to Golden Week (most of which will be JP only). If we're really lucky, they won't announce any Dragilia Lost or other series' crossovers to further bog upcoming banners down with.

FEH Channel Edit: *loud wet faaaaaaaart sounds*
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:49:44 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 05, 2019, 01:46:30 AM »
FEH Channel was shit. Not the shit, just plain ol' regular shit.
-Pair Up sounds broken but its only usable in modes that don't matter (aside from the newest one). It's not even all single-player content or anything, you can't do Abyssals and such with it.
-Allegiance battle reusing Arena score calculation makes it DOA. But it gives feathers and flowers so I guess you can do your one fight per season or whatever. But now we know people who thought the reduced monthly orb count meant we'd get compensated in this new mode can get fucked.
-Aether Resort would've been fine as a stupid fluff mode where you poke your heroes, but then they had to go ruin it with orb premium features and linking it to gaining power.
-The summoning pool change is fucking garbage. Seriously, IS? Overall pity breaker quality has gone up, but no more Takumi/Hector and the 3-4* pool is even more bloated now. Also people who actually wanted to merge their favorite Gen 1 unit now has to choose to pull on garbage banners. There's no reason not to demote trash units like Luke or Mist, and even good ones like Infantry Ryoma should get demoted because nobody cares about Defiant ATK.
-Where's the refines? Hopefully they just left them off the channel and we'll get some, it'd be the only thing worth anything in this next update.

Also goings-on:
-Another 60 orbs into b8% gave me nothing, which kinda evens out my luck (well actually I think it's still pretty good on the whole, but dat pity rate tho)
-I joined team Child of Satan but the new system appears to once again favor whoever has the most supporters. But after a year+ of blue shell shenanigans I think I'm okay with it just going back to being a popularity contest now. I'd go with Idunn for the final round if I actually had her, but I guess Grima it is.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 05, 2019, 04:00:00 AM »
That was my impression of it. They made the changes I expected, but not the changes we needed.

Poorly describing what any of their upcoming changes actually mean to anyone aside, it looks like greed won the day as this was definitely a telling blow.

Pair-up is fucking worthless. Full stop.

Allegiance making it a ranking based system just like T_T, VG, GCN, A/AA/AR, and all the rest means it can go straight to hell. Especially since they decided to tie DFs to the rank instead of Feathers (as DFs fucks over all of the match making scoring systems in this awful game). Also, its the only place where Pair-Ups exists and fuck that shit.

The stupidest part of the demotion/banishment is the fact that while Tailtiu is now at common rarity, Sigurd has been banished to the money grubbing zone along with Ayra and Deirdre (the punchline being that Sigurd still currently has the highest BST of any cavalry unit in the game; even moreso than the Gen 3 beastformers). Another fun consequence of the mass banishment is that there's now jack all for Lance Infantry in the pool. Its now literally Shiro or bust (well unless you want to project Fjorm, good luck with her being Leg locked and all; there's also Lukas, Donnel and Oboro but they've fallen off so badly not even Oboro's refine salvages her).

Hardin is now the only Archanea 5 star left in the general pool, with the two Gen 2 Celicas being Valentia's survivors. FE9 doesn't even have a single 5 star left to its name either. Every other game has up to 3 5 stars left in the pool aside from the Fateswakening games (because of course), FE4's 4 units and the beasts of FE10 (unless of course Thea doesn't demote because fuck us).

If you're wondering where the refines were, they're here and our lucky recipients this time are Cain, Abel, Peri and Hana (note the distinct lack of anyone from the former 5 star pool). That said, I strongly suspect we'll be seeing fewer weapon refinements (especially to 5 star locked units) as a follow up to this.

I had just toppled Ryoma Abyssal last night with Gen 1 Celica despite her Atk bane because of the insanity of her refine/Lazura buffing the shit outta her. My hopes of being able to fix that bane to make future Abyssal attempts easier are basically dashed now, outside of getting lucky on a filler banner.

And yeah, the Resort sounds like a total tourist trap (I love the fact that the picture advertising it has both Alm and Genny in it).

And one more cherry on top is that AR is getting an adjustment too. Now if you're below rank 12, your Offensive Fort is automatically considered to be +4 its current strength (in case of assholes who chose not to climb to Rank 11 but are still bothering to upgrade their Defensive fortifications; off-accounts being the most likely source).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 05, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »
Refines for old 5*s can go either way IMO. It's possible they could be completely ignored from now on, but I think it's more likely they'll continue making refines for them to not just entice people to waste their orbs on focus banners for old units, but also continue encouraging people to +10 their favorite character. It's not like it takes a ton of dev power to make one extra weapon a month.

As for what we actually got, the original Christmas Knights getting their weapons is long overdue (Abel's lance looks like a fucking shovel for some reason though). I've been hesitant to promote either of them since I wasn't sure if +ATK or +SPD would end up coming out on top if they ever got refines (well, that and they're just lackluster in general). Hoping they'll get something more creative than just PRF Brave Weapons, but I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Hana's a common unit that's aged pretty well through these 2 years (can't really beat Nino/Reinhardt). Soleil generally outclasses her but Hana still has that extra 1 point of SPD which can matter sometimes. I gave mine a Firesweep Sword a while back and she does just fine with it. A PRF Armorslayer would be nice, but not really necessary, she shouldn't really be having any issues killing Surtr or whatever already with the vanilla kind. Copying her weapon from Fates would probably be a terrible idea (+ATK when countering), but I guess if they stack it with Vantage it'd have some weird use. Firesweep is probably still better though. Unless they give her a PRF Firesweep of course, then I can go punch a wall somewhere.

Peri's one of the worst FE characters ever so who cares.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 05, 2019, 09:22:16 PM »
It doesn't help that Cain has one of the worst Cav BSTs outside of Ranged/Veterans. I've had a 5 star Cain since forever ago, but he came up -Atk when he pity broke me and instead of bothering to try to fix it, I moved on to Eliwood instead. Meanwhile it took til last year's mass demotion for me to finally get my hands on an Abel, so I had no strong attachment to him either (outside of Lancebreaker fodder). As for Hana, I gave her a shake back in year 1 and have recently been thinking about revisiting her to try again (especially since I wanted to try to bring up the remaining female Myrms to 5 stars), but I spent my resources on bumping my Arena team up a notch instead, as I was nearly muscled out of tier 18 last week. And I also concur about Peri in general (she's pretty much the single worst character from Fates), but objectively speaking, she could've been Blue Eliwood had she had a weapon worth a damn prior to this (its kinda too late for her now, and admittedly her stat line was wasted on her over Mathilda who got royally screwed in FEH).

Actually, thinking about Peri reminds me of how badly squandered Xander ended up being, both in Fates and in FEH. Fates could never decide whether he was the glory seeking son of a military dictator, an oppressed pragmatist, a doting brother trying to keep his failing family together to the bitter end, or a stuffy 'Honor before Reason' fightman that manages to hold stats on par with your own recruits, and ultimately settled on all-of-the-above instead. In FEH, he's so far the only FE character to openly not side with Askr once beaten in the plot, and even goes so far as to cry foul on Askr's behavior towards plot vanquished foes. Unfortunately, he's so far the only time that's ever happened. Despite all of the potential Embla backers or units who'd just as easily form their own faction, with Blackjack and Camilla Alts, nobody's been given the 5 seconds to go "Wait? Since when does 'liberation' mean getting press-ganged into your 'benevolent' faction Summoner?" Hell, outside of that one time Xander popped up in Book 2 just to get brutally owned, he and his quandary have been a complete non-factor here as well.

But then, this is a mobage, and was doomed to plot failure from the start.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 10, 2019, 09:15:02 PM »
I sense a disturbance. As if millions of Tellius fans cheered in joy at first, and were suddenly silenced when they realized that Haar is a shittier Gerome.

And his skills suck.

also Fjorm wtf are you doing in bonds, you're dead

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 11, 2019, 06:12:31 AM »
Well fuck. The writers are finally actually bothering to do something for once, and just as I'm about to drop this game like a bad habit. Doesn't help that on 30 Orbs I managed to pull both a +Spd/-Res Nailah and a +Spd/-HP Lethe (as if the game's trying to dig its claws back into me).

I really don't want to continue playing at this point (especially now that this powercreep has turned into a powerslide and the devs have gotten greedy as fuck), but I do want to see how this stupidity ends now.

Edit: Grilling/Picnic Seasonal? Sure Devs. Why not. At least its not DL and maybe you'll be cool and give Arvis an alt for this one (although the one on the left is highly likely to be Genny). PISS OFF INT SYST!

Edit 2: This goddamn game knows how pissed off I am as it let me free pull Sue off this garbage seasonal banner. Doesn't help the fact that I spent yesterday beating my head against the ever tedious GCN and its million Armor march. At least with the flier day done, all I need to do now is coast through the Infantry and Armor rounds because I hate playing them. Also lol at the T_T seals this time around. They're finally getting around to doling out Chill seals and I don't need to bother with the Garbage Day seasonal because I already have Alm and Faye.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:35:00 AM by Aeolus »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 22, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »
I've done it. I've hit uninstall. Thank god I'm free at last.