Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »
That's your worst?!

My worst was... terrible. Takumi was a focus character at the time and the batch of orbs contained four neutrals. I thought: "This is it! The odds will never be better!"

One 3* Wrys (my third), one 3* Matthew and two 3* Virions (my fourth and fifth, IIRC) later, I started to wonder if my phone was feeling suicidal. The blue and final orb was a 4* Oboro and I love her, so it was not a total loss, but still...

I'd say that's about equal.  You got dupes in the same pull, but my one 4* was a healer.  Yours might still be worse, but not by much.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 06:08:56 PM »
Oh hey when I posted earlier I didn't realize that the "new" focus is already up. Wonder what the focus next week is going to be. I have seen a lot of people suggesting we might be getting the poll winners, but I think that is just what they are hoping for.

Anyone cleared the Hard Female Robin map? I'm getting slaughtered with my low-res main team. :P Cleared Normal though...
Yeah, my Hawkeye tanked that room. I think his Res is so high that the only one who could harm him was the red mage due to color triangle advantage. Then I threw in a mage tank to help him slaughter the room. Went in expecting to die like I did with Narcian several times, but I happened to bring a team that worked well on this map.

Female Robin...is adequate? I think best way to describe her is that she is a decent unit with a niche (anti-spear and anti-cavalier) that does not match the current meta (which is red heavy and almost absent any sort of cavalier).

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »
Anyone cleared the Hard Female Robin map? I'm getting slaughtered with my low-res main team. :P Cleared Normal though...

I had more trouble with Normal than Hard since I wasn't using my A-team and its level 39 'member of this anti-Grand Hero Battle Focus' Fir. My winning strategy was to have Fir trigger the trap, then Camilla Bomb and clean up with Fir. I didn't even need the other half of my team.

But its amusing that yeah, the most recent Focus is entirely about arming you with a character who can defeat the trap.

Doing a 20-orb pull now.  Here goes:

1. 3* Oboro.  I like the character, at least.  "The clothing you and your friends wear here is very stylish. Impressed!"

2. 4* Wrys.  Seems like a good healer with his Reconcile ability.  "How can a humble curate help you today?"

3. 3* Stahl.  Like this character, too.  "Why are you star-? Pfft, is my hair sticking up again?"

4. 3* Shanna.  No idea who this is.  Another Pegasus knight, but I already have a 4* Catria at lvl 20.  "Hm? Need something? You name it and I'm on it!"

5. 3* Gwendolyn.  I have her already.

Well, that was officially my worst-ever pull.

Wrys is actually the worst healer available since Rejuvenate kinda requires putting him in harm's way, his stat gains are garbage, and it slows down his ability cooldown. His other gimmick is mass healing the party, but only for 10 HP each, and only affects the units that you aren't healing (even Azama provides a Def buff which can be useful regardless to the state of your team's health).

Shanna is one of the Pegasus Trio from FE6 (aka the one with Roy in it). She's better known as miss "Watch out for Arrows!". She's also one of seven potential waifus for Roy (where its Roy who tells Shanna to 'watch out for arrows'; the others include Lilina, Sophia, Sue, Lalum, Cecilia and Wolt).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 03:03:30 AM »
Also doing a 20 orb draw right now.

4* Sheena - This isn't too bad, I guess? Atleast she's new.

3* Barst - Again. I can't even make any puns because those would be in Dutch and this is an English forum...

3* Selena - Fine. Whatever. But why does she sound like Trump with a slightly larger vocabulary? "I'm Selena, a mercenary who works for Nohr. Very talented. Ask Anyone! They'll say I'm cute too. Bonus!"

3* Selena - Fuck.

3* Setsuna - That's number three...

This draw was sponsored by the letter S - for Shit.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2017, 06:35:53 AM »
Also doing a 20 orb draw right now.

4* Sheena - This isn't too bad, I guess? Atleast she's new.

3* Barst - Again. I can't even make any puns because those would be in Dutch and this is an English forum...

3* Selena - Fine. Whatever. But why does she sound like Trump with a slightly larger vocabulary? "I'm Selena, a mercenary who works for Nohr. Very talented. Ask Anyone! They'll say I'm cute too. Bonus!"

3* Selena - Fuck.

3* Setsuna - That's number three...

This draw was sponsored by the letter S - for Shit.

They just announced a Skill Inheritance feature slated to open up for March, so I guess you'll have plenty of cannibalization fodder.

Meanwhile, (and I probably should've mentioned this days ago), I'm still working on getting a Sword team together for that 7-3 Lunatic quest (since right now, my A-Team Red is Fir who is not geared towards fighting a Blue Armor, let alone the rest of the physical heavy team). Hana's my best bet right now due to Line of Death and Armorslayer (but she still needs more stats to survive long enough to double the asshole).

Also kinda still ambivalent about pulling right now since none of my FE waifus have shown up yet (Lyn and Eirika are close, but I could do better, and from the sound of things, Eirika will be back sooner or later).

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2017, 09:24:06 AM »
@Tomara Ok, you win.  That was horrible.  How do you keep getting so many dupes??
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 09:32:25 AM »
I've decided I probably won't bother crossing a lot of the full-weapon team quests off the list, because its not like any of the rewards other than the Orbs are worth getting.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 10:41:34 AM »
@Tomara Ok, you win.  That was horrible.  How do you keep getting so many dupes??

It's what has been called 'the curse'. I don't consider myself unlucky, but there's always one part of my life where everything goes wrong every time. Concentrated chains of bad luck. Fortunately, it has weakened significantly over the years, going from deaths and traffic accidents to, well, this.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine...

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »
If it makes you feel better, I've spent I think 120 orbs so far and I only have 2 5-stars, and they both are the same weapon type. They also both suck (Roy and Eirika).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 01:49:54 PM »
Not really, because I've used pretty much the same amount and only got one 5*. Nowi. On the one hand, far from a bad unit. On the other, it's Nowi.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »
I've decided I probably won't bother crossing a lot of the full-weapon team quests off the list, because its not like any of the rewards other than the Orbs are worth getting.

I wish the bonus 1.5*Exp effect was still in effect. We're back to anything above level 25 being a glacial pain in the ass to level, which really sucks since I kinda need Hana to reach level 36+ and she's only level 31 right now (alternatively Alfonse past level 28). That or I need to find 4 star Red Sword Infantry with effects like Fortify Def, Spur Def or Rally Def because right now all of my Red Sword Infantry beyond Alfonse only have Skills that affect themselves (like Line of Death, HP+5 or Spd+2), Pass or Breakers.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »
So is it my imagination or are the arena scores lower this week than last? I have a lower score than I got last week, but I only got bumped in rank from 40ks to 50ks today while I think I was booted from 100k around this time last week.

If you have high level characters for a weapon type, you can basically solo all of the missions minus the lunatic ones (which honestly have the least useful reward?).

I wish the bonus 1.5*Exp effect was still in effect. We're back to anything above level 25 being a glacial pain in the ass to level, which really sucks since I kinda need Hana to reach level 36+ and she's only level 31 right now (alternatively Alfonse past level 28). That or I need to find 4 star Red Sword Infantry with effects like Fortify Def, Spur Def or Rally Def because right now all of my Red Sword Infantry beyond Alfonse only have Skills that affect themselves (like Line of Death, HP+5 or Spd+2), Pass or Breakers.
I feel your pain. I'm working on leveling some units at the moment and those last few levels suck. What makes it worse is that it at least feels like the top levels of the towers almost never give me weapon advantage for whoever I am training. And on the rare occasion that they give me three greens while I am training a red, the enemies just happen to be able to two shot my red despite weapon advantage. >.>

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2017, 12:37:40 AM »
So is it my imagination or are the arena scores lower this week than last? I have a lower score than I got last week, but I only got bumped in rank from 40ks to 50ks today while I think I was booted from 100k around this time last week.

If you have high level characters for a weapon type, you can basically solo all of the missions minus the lunatic ones (which honestly have the least useful reward?).

I feel your pain. I'm working on leveling some units at the moment and those last few levels suck. What makes it worse is that it at least feels like the top levels of the towers almost never give me weapon advantage for whoever I am training. And on the rare occasion that they give me three greens while I am training a red, the enemies just happen to be able to two shot my red despite weapon advantage. >.>

Don't forget that they changed the bonus units from the ones used since the game's release. Also, a number of other factors determine how many points you make per battle, like levels and rarity of units used and how many survived the battle. A team of Level 40 5 stars will score more points than a team of level 1 5 stars or a team of level 40 1 stars (why would you even do this?), since higher levels means more SP, and more SP means more Skills and Abilities at play. Also Pay 2 Win Assholes are going to start owning the Arena fulltime with Skill Inheritance coming into play, so don't expect any more Feathers from Defense or Ratings anymore.

As for Tower training, its a good idea to have a second or third team to train on the side just in case you get low on Stamina or don't like the Stratum's current enemy loadout (not that it informs you if you're fighting against a bunch of frail Fliers or a murder orgy of two Hectors, a Sheema, a Beruka, and a generic Staffmount). Another good idea is to keep your A-team around to throw at the highest tier of Tower on the start of a new day since you can get a shitload of Shards or some Crystals to help level your teams.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2017, 06:38:34 AM »
I thought the only real factors for determining your score in the arena was stat point total of your deployed units (so using a level 40 Hector means more points than a level 40 Eliwood), number of units that survive, and whether or not you have a bonus unit. So basically a team of 4 level 40+10 Hectors surviving was the way to get maximum points (although fuck anyone who has this team).

I don't know if skill inheritance will really have that much of an impact on the ratings (compared to the current rankings). I mean the rankings are likely already top loaded with P2W players due to + level characters getting you better scores, so there won't be too much shifting around on that front unless skill inheritance causes a surge in the number of P2W players. I figure as long as I have a bonus character I should probably be able to make it into the 50k-100k bracket.

As for defense, I feel like that is already falling off for me. Last week I had at least five defense victories. This week I have had three. Those feathers are probably just always going to be a crapshoot with P2W players always running over my team (not that I'll notice).

I did start using a second training team, but the level up difference is so ridiculous. My second character got from level 1-20 in less time than it is taking to go from 34-36 for my first char. >.>

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »
Welp, I ended up burning a Light's Blessing, but I've finally nailed down that last Weapon Mission. I might have gotten away without needing to burn that Light's Blessing if the AI wasn't set to 'be a dick' mode (the enemy Blue Mage targeted Cain over Fir despite putting itself in Fir's direct line-of-fire, while this left only the Lance Knight, it prevented me from utilizing Cain's Debuff Attack aura to knock down his attack enough to prevent him from one-shotting Hana and letting me tag him 3 times with Hana's Armorslayer).

I'm probably going to grind the arena until time's up and finish off Lunatic Story Mode between now and the next Focus.