Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
Up to Chapter 7 on Lunatic, but I'm getting bored. Grinding up levels, as Aelous mentioned earlier I think, is so slow.I've got lots of Orbs saved up for the next Focus, so I'll probably pull then, but my interest is definitely waning.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 03:56:44 AM »
I have 20 orbs and there's a new Focus. This should be fun!

3* Shanna - Well, that's number three. I thought the point of Pegasus Sisters is that there are three different ones...

3* Eliwood - Three stars? That's kinda lame. But... I didn't have an Eliwood yet, so I won't complain too much.

3* Sophia - I think this is number five or six. It's hard to keep track of them all.

4* Stahl - I like Stahl but I don't think I need four of them...

3* Matthew - Another triplet.

Maybe I should just stop playing...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:13:42 AM by Tomara »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 06:27:00 AM »
What the fuck did they do to Lachesis? I feel like this design for her is completely out of character. O.o Maybe someday she'll get a version based on her promoted class that looks less...bubbly?

Oh well let's see what my first draw of this new focus is.

3* Cellica...meh
4* Barst (because I haven't drawn 10 already)
3* Olivia
4* Henry
4* Clarine...at least she is higher star than my current version?

Nothing new in this draw, oh well.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 06:38:20 AM »
What the fuck did they do to Lachesis? I feel like this design for her is completely out of character. O.o Maybe someday she'll get a version based on her promoted class that looks less...bubbly?

Oh well let's see what my first draw of this new focus is.

3* Cellica...meh
4* Barst (because I haven't drawn 10 already)
3* Olivia
4* Henry
4* Clarine...at least she is higher star than my current version?

Nothing new in this draw, oh well.

Wait? Cellica's out now? I thought we hadn't gotten to Gaiden yet? (You probably meant Cecilia.)

That said, Lachesis was kinda garbo before her promotion, so I'm not surprised they went with the Staffbot (alternatively, who even used her after promotion beyond Rescue/Warp shenanigans?). Either way, I'm definitely pulling for this Focus, Olwen's waifu tier, and playable Reinhart? WTF (also Dime Thunder is now Dire Thunder, not doing Holy Sword then eh).

*Pulls a Virion, a Raigh, 2 3 star Lon'qus, and a 4 star Kagero*

Welp. At least I finally got a Kagero for anti-infantry shenanigans.

Also, apparently Ephraim and Julia are 5 star pulls only now. At least Eirika and Seliph are 4 stars.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:40:23 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
@Tomara: That looks really similar to my third draw that made me decide to stop playing.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Alright, time for my pull with this new Focus or whatever.
Two Green, Two Red, and 1 Null.  Here we go...

#1 - 4* Prostitu- er I mean, Camilla.  Got a sexy little scene of her arrival.  Bleh.  Won't be using her.

#2 - 3* Olivia.  I got her 1* and 2* versions before, so... yay?

#3 - 4* Lilina.  Neat.  Don't know anything about her, but this is my first Red Tome user. She can do AoE damage, apparently.

#4 - 4* Frederick!  I like this guy, from Awakening.  He comes equipped with a Hammer, so it'll be nice to have a non-mage who can take out those Knights.

#5 - 3* Felicia.  One of my favorite characters from Fates and probably one of my favorite FE characters ever.  She's just so charming and the voice actor does a great job.  But I've gotten her lower * versions before, too.

Not horrible (especially compared to poor @Tomara ) but still no 5*.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »
@Tomara: That looks really similar to my third draw that made me decide to stop playing.

Well, atleast I'm beating the odds.

In the worst way possible. But I'm beating them!

And look at it this way! If the curse was at full power, my phone would have exploded or something. This is just a sad repeat of my Hearthstone days.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2017, 11:40:14 AM »
Well I'm a rat bastard apparently, because I just pulled again (I was saving up from the last two Focuses as they weren't worth the orbs) and I pulled Mr. Klein (not Olwen but I'll take him anyways), his 3 star sister Clarine, 4 star sisters Maria and Florina, and yet another 3 star Serra.

Then again, maybe that pull was my reward for suffering through those awful Lunatic Arena Missions (at least now I've gotten some of the good healers).

Also, apparently the next Focus was leaked. Looks to be another anti-Grand Battle team (consisting of Effie, Felicia, Setsuna and Nino). My guess is that between the current Focus and that team, the next Grand Battle will be against Micaiah.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »
3* Sophia - I think this is number five or six. It's hard to keep track of them all.

I just checked and actually... it was number seven. Over the last month I got one 1*, one 2*, three 3*s and two 4*s.

Also, apparently the next Focus was leaked. Looks to be another anti-Grand Battle team (consisting of Effie, Felicia, Setsuna and Nino). My guess is that between the current Focus and that team, the next Grand Battle will be against Micaiah.

Blah. All characters I already have regular versions of.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »

Blah. All characters I already have regular versions of.

I have all but Effie, but the actual takeaway is that it might be a good idea to dust one or two of these characters off and get them a few more levels in the near future (Grand Battles are massive dick moves without one or two of the right characters to solve the trap).

Anyways, hopefully the new month will bring in a new round of Special Battle Recruits (I'd take a 1 or 2 star Sheema or Effie over having only Gwendolyn as my only Armor; alternatively, well see some commons from the other games like FEs 8 or 9; anything to get us outta Archaena/Ylisse/Hoshido/Nohr purgatory).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »
I... actually have a very decent selection of armoured units at my disposal.

4* Draug
4* Effie
4* Sheena
3* Gwendolyn

Those 4*s cover the three colours. On top of that I have some high def characters of other movement types, such as a 4* Oboro.

Okay, so it's nothing super special, but enough to get most jobs (outside of the Arena) done.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
@Tomara : you should make an all-Armored team with your best healer in the 4th slot.  That would be sweet for any matches that don't have mages.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »
My best healer would be Clarine, meaning I'd have a high-mobility unit running around healing my tanks (and damaging/killing the occasional low-res unit). That does sound fun. And Sheena is also somewhat tanky in the res department, so blue and green mages may not be too much of a problem either.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »
Did 2 pulls today. Mostly 3-stars, but I picked up a 5-star Fae (not the greatest, but I'm certainly not going to complain - good support skills, at least) and a 3-star Robin (male). I bumped him up to 4-star immediately since I had the spare materials and will probably level him up.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
So, I feel like I have to admit that after today I am officially a whale. >.> *sigh* Had much better luck drawing focus characters last focus.

On an unrelated note, I have to wonder why they didn't do Ephraim and Eirika the same week as Eldigan and Lachesis. Just feels more thematically appropriate. XP

Wait? Cellica's out now? I thought we hadn't gotten to Gaiden yet? (You probably meant Cecilia.)
Yes I did. >.>

That seems like a long shot bet. Both of the previous grand battles have been against unreleased units in the story (setting a trend) and Micaiah was not a story fight. So if the trend holds the possibilities would be Camus, Michalis, Navarre, Ursula, Xander, or Zephiel (Veronica not being an option because her recruitment stats are not currently in game...plus being way too soon). I've seen Ursula suggested as being next (because of Nino?), but I'm not sure if Effie would really be useful against Ursula. Actually looking at the units, not sure what they would all be useful against.