Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #750 on: September 15, 2017, 02:55:14 AM »
My plan for Kagero is to make her into a unit that can counter most low-def infantry units. My stack of mage-counters is on the short side, which sometimes make later Arena Assault Battles more difficult than they should be. Kagero would help in that department.

You know who I think will be the unit we'll get during the next Tempest Trials (now that Nephenee is in a banner)? I think it's going to be the Black Knight.

Black Knight has GHB written all over him. I'm betting the freebie is something like Boyd or Mia. Probably not Mia, because she's probably too popular to waste on something like this. Maybe even Rhys, if they really hate us. (But if they love us, they'll give Rhys Wrathful Staff.)

Now, if they're nice, they'll give us Astrid so the people who didn't get Bow-Lyn (bowling?) can have a bow knight of their own. Of course, Astrid will probably suck compared to Lyn, but hey, free is free. Plus, she'll probably have a skill that boosts exp for herself and other archers. You could use her to train a unit that's actually good.

But Intelligent Systems isn't that nice. Or atleast, won't be that nice until they forget how Camus and Xander changed the meta. So I'm putting my money on Boyd. He's a recognisable character but nobody expects him to be good.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 15, 2017, 06:11:26 AM »
My plan for Kagero is to make her into a unit that can counter most low-def infantry units. My stack of mage-counters is on the short side, which sometimes make later Arena Assault Battles more difficult than they should be. Kagero would help in that department.

You know who I think will be the unit we'll get during the next Tempest Trials (now that Nephenee is in a banner)? I think it's going to be the Black Knight.

Black Knight has GHB written all over him. I'm betting the freebie is something like Boyd or Mia. Probably not Mia, because she's probably too popular to waste on something like this. Maybe even Rhys, if they really hate us. (But if they love us, they'll give Rhys Wrathful Staff.)

Now, if they're nice, they'll give us Astrid so the people who didn't get Bow-Lyn (bowling?) can have a bow knight of their own. Of course, Astrid will probably suck compared to Lyn, but hey, free is free. Plus, she'll probably have a skill that boosts exp for herself and other archers. You could use her to train a unit that's actually good.

But Intelligent Systems isn't that nice. Or atleast, won't be that nice until they forget how Camus and Xander changed the meta. So I'm putting my money on Boyd. He's a recognisable character but nobody expects him to be good.

I was thinking Brom myself to go with Nephenee. Or FE9 Sothe which will be appropriate as he's perfect trainee material and he'll still suck (though they could give him Stiletto or Baselard; probably the former since again, FE9).

Plus if they gave Astrid any sort of gains boosting skill, it'd be the Bow SP x2 one since Faye already has the Exp x2 one.

Edit: Before I forget; my t_t score was roughly 79k-ish and I ranked 80XX for 6k feathers. Not bad as I simply burned a single Stamina potion per day and the last two days I spent a bunch of Stamina on Female Robin.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:16:32 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 15, 2017, 06:28:12 AM »
I burned quite a few stamina potions and I ended up rank ~4500. As usual people were hammering it pretty hard towards the end. If I didn't live in Asia timezone I definitely wouldn't bother with it.

We know Black Knight's stats now, and this image seems to sum it up pretty well.

But seriously Black Knight completely craps all over Draug and makes everyone regret 5*-ing Zephiel. At least the latter still has a niche because he's a lot tankier than Burger King still, but Steady Stance 3 closes that gap significantly and he doesn't have inbuilt distant counter.

I'm half expecting BK to come from the Tempest despite a GHB making a lot more sense, because these 4 units were the only ones added by the patch today. They might be doing that deliberately to surprise us though I suppose.

Also Elincia has an absurdly good offensive spread so prepare to have fun getting quaded by a sword flier in addition to both Cordelias while Tana teleports them around. I pulled a 4* Eirika on my free pull. -SPD once again, but hey, Hone Speed is nice.

At least they had the sense to restrict wrath to only non mage/archer infantry and armored units. I don't think we needed bladetomes or Reinhardt running around with wrath.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 15, 2017, 06:58:12 AM »
Zephiel was still worth 5 staring just for the built-in Threaten Def 2 debuff. Although at this point, there's no longer any reason to continue slumming it with Draug and Gwendolyn as I now have two Effies, a 5 star Sheena and the BK when he shows up.

Also poor Nephenee is pretty much SI fodder now due to her poor Atk stat (she's basically a faster Ephraim, but Wrath is too valuable to leave on someone with 34 Atk (and that's with an Atk+ boon). Although it'll take two of her to fully kit someone out.

Elincia meanwhile is a goddamn monster and has made anyone who ever really invested into Caeda or Palla regret it now. Especially since that teleportation skill is in her B slot and has a free slot for Flier Emblem shenanigans. Pairing her with Cody, a green like Minerva/Cherche/Camilla and a Flying Tome would make one hell of a team (of course half of the buffs are still locked to Hinoka and Minerva and Flying Tomes are still Event Only which leaves True Flier Emblem available to only the rich and the lucky).

Oscar has a pretty general spread for a mounted unit which means that he's unremarkable barring significant SI and his design sucks (Stupid Sexy Oscar). He's great SI fodder if he ends up as a 4 star which the game seems to be reluctant to make anyone these days (they must really be gearing up for a 6 star tier).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 15, 2017, 09:45:28 AM »
I got 4000 feathers as my rank reward since I only bothered to reach 50.000. It's fine. I have more feathers than I know what to do with anyway. Maybe I'll just bump Odin (was it Odin?) to 5* and give Summer Corrin that blade tome+.

Anyway, time for pulls! Elincia would be nice, but I have a well-functioning flier team already, because I was lucky enough to pull both Spring Camilla and Summer Corrin. Palla might not be that impressive, but she's a reliable Hector-killer.

I know I'm not going to get Elincia, so I'm just going to do one full pull for 15 orbs and leave it at that. Gotta save up for the next big limited edition/hero fest banner.

... See, I told you. No reds!

4* Klein - Awesome. And I mean it. His skills are going to make someone really happy.
3* Gunter - Meh.
3* Arthur - Go way.
3* Bartre - I have the worst luck with green.
4* Subaki - I guess someone might want Quick Reposte 2?

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 15, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
I burned my 200+ orbs on the new banner, and I got four 5*s, but none of them are from this banner...

I'm going to go and cry in a corner now. This happened during the last Path of Radiance banner too. I got up to 7% before finally getting Mist.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 15, 2017, 04:05:43 PM »
Used my free summon and got a 5* Lilina

I have an overabundance of mages and not much else, so wasn't too excited. But she's super cute, at least?

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 15, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »
I haven't pulled in a while and had 300 Orbs lying around, so I went for it. Pulled two Oscars within 20 Orbs... >.>

About 50 Orbs later I pulled Nephenee, and another 100-ish later I got Elincia. So not too bad overall.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 19, 2017, 12:07:19 AM »
Female Robin's Infernal ReReGHeB was easy enough to beat on my third try or so. So now I'm focusing on clearing the Story Missions and Training Tower Missions. Also, to reiterate, I still do not like Arena Assault at all. Its such a chore to do every day that I didn't even bother with today's AA Missions until it was too late to do them. At least I'm almost done with the monthly Tenth Stratum shenanigans (Armor and Infantry are done, Flier is now 11/15 done and Cavalry is currently 0/15 but I'll grind that along with Ninth Stratum and the remaining Training Tower Missions) and Chapter 13 (Lunatic is totally cleared all the way to 13-5).

Really, my next task is to clear enough room to pull again (or just burn the Orb and expand my Barracks yet again; of course I go and pull a 5 star Leon (+Atk/-HP which is pretty fucking good for a unit that now has to compete with Brave Lyn and face down Brave Ike) from the Tellus Banner because I can never seem to pull a Banner unit during their actual Banner; also got a 4 star Ogma for inheritance, 4 star Merric for something something, a 4 star Olivia to replace one of my useless 3 stars and lets me perform a Klein's Harem strategy, and a 3 star Beruka because I can't not pull at least one piece of trash per session).

Also, judging from the title of the next T_T, I think I'm in a good position with having Mist for the 1.4x multiplier (my prediction is Ike, Brave Ike, Elincia and Mist with the 1.2xers being Soren, Titania, Nephenee and the designated Askr representative).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 19, 2017, 05:12:03 AM »
Holy shit, we're actually getting a Black Knight as a T_T reward. I wonder if there's a catch. IS can't be this nice, right? Maybe he has no skills like 'Marth' and we get a proper one from a GHB later?

In any case, new banner! I want red Ike and Soren!

... And I got Frederick, Hawkeye and another Hawkeye. The first Hawkeye was nice because I didn't have one yet, but then it gave me another and that killed all summoning joy.

Anyway, it looks like I'll have to rely on Titania. Which is fine. She and Lyn are the brand new members of Horse Emblem B (A being Elise, Xander, Reinhardt and Cecilia, who've all maxed their HM by now) and unless this T_T is super mean, they should be enough to clear the highest difficulty level or atleast be able to make it close to the top. They'll be supported by Camus and Priscilla. Yeah, I know, no reds (because the game gave me a Tharja instead of the Leo I really, really wanted!), but both Lynn and Camus are pretty overpowered, so it should be okay if I play carefully. If it really doesn't work, Eliwood will make a comeback.

Edit: forgot to mention this, but I'm enjoying Arena Assault more since I completed my new starting team: Zephiel, Nowi, Young Tiki and Fae. It cracks me up everytime I see them together. This what you wanted, right, Zephiel? Nothing but dragons. Three childlike creatures with little to no manners who want to play hide-and-seek and/or start inappropriate relationships. Aren't dragons just the greatest?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:32:11 AM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 19, 2017, 06:07:30 AM »
Fuck. Why the hell are they making Oscar and Nephenee 1.4xers over Mist, Brave Ike and/or someone more relevant to the actual Black Knight fight? I mean, I can understand not getting either Nasir or Ena as reward characters, but seriously? Its like they never even played FE9.

Well, at least now I know where I'm dumping my Orbs for the foreseeable future (damn you and your fantastic traits Leon).

We're doing this FEH!? Edit: Pulled again and got a 5 star Mae for my troubles (+Spd/-HP). Seriously game? This is the wrong kind of luck here. Granted, Mae is a bae and those are solid traits plus Echoes is one of the better sets to draw 5 stars from, but still, this is the wrong goddamn luck and I'mma soon to be shit outta luck altogether.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:29:20 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 19, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »
I gotta say it's pretty shitty of them to make all the +40% units 5*-locked ones. On top of that there's no Askr unit in there for any newer players. Is that their way of making up for the fact this Tempest is giving out such a ridiculously powerful unit?

I guess I should consider myself lucky since I pulled that Ike with godawful IVs a bit back. Guess I'll be running him alongside 4* Titania and Soren for the HM grind this time.

Tried to see if I'd get extra lucky and get an Ike with a better IV, but my free pulls got me a 4* Gordin and a 4* Marth.

For Arena Assault, this week I dropped below rank 5000 for the first time despite getting my perfect clear (~5200). I guess people really whaled into CYL and have massive merged BIkes or something. In light of that plus having a bunch of feathers lying around (I have stuff I'd want to promote, but I have to actually draw them first), I decided to 5* one of my extra Effies to +1 her. I don't know if that'll affect much though. Might have to merge even more Effies to see a real effect. Not too bad since Effie's a decent unit to invest in, but I wish I wouldn't have to invest specifically into an Armor to get better Arena scores.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 19, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
I gotta say it's pretty shitty of them to make all the +40% units 5*-locked ones. On top of that there's no Askr unit in there for any newer players. Is that their way of making up for the fact this Tempest is giving out such a ridiculously powerful unit?

Its even shittier that 3 of the 4 40%ers are all from the current banner so most of your previous PoR luck is basically moot (hell, it screws over those who chose Brave Ike as their freebie in preparation of this T_T) and their banner is now your Orb hole for the foreseeable future.

And again, even Mist only gets a woeful 20% despite being 5 star locked and also one of your two units that actually participated in that battle in FE9. Meanwhile Elincia is little more than a plot coupon for most of the game prior to that point and only takes up arms as the last recruitable Beorc, while Oscar and Nephenee have no connection to the BK fight itself beyond being possible units you took with you during the actual stage part of that stage. And seriously, other than Burger King being a 'freebie', your best bet for any multiplier are the Uncommons Titania and Soren.

I feel that this is making up for the fact that they accidentally let a Common tier unit be a 40%er during the t_t.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 20, 2017, 03:42:37 AM »
New Ninian banner. Hold by beer.

4* Nowi - It's a dragon, but the wrong one.
4* Corrin - It's a dragon, but also the wrong one.

Last blue orb must be Ninian!

3* Est - That's not what the first two build up to...

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 20, 2017, 06:21:50 AM »
Welp. It took the better part of my stamina bar for this morning, but Ninian & Hawkeye's BHeB has been completed on Infernal. The trick is to make use of the space you have in your starting area and to have the Lance Cav and the Green Mage circle around with Ninian so that she can't just dance whichever unit the enemy needs to drop one of your own.

Admittedly, I pulled this off with a 5 star Eliwood (with Reposition and Hone Calvary), 5 star Cecilia (with both S rank Summoner Support and B rank Camus Support; also with Reposition, Triangle Adept 2 and Hone Calvary), 5 star Camus (with B rank Cecilia Support and Swap) and a 4 star Frederick (with Fury 2, Draw Back and Fortify Calvary).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:39:12 AM by Aeolus »