Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #825 on: October 10, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »
I don't think Sophia even has much of an army here. After one hour, F!Corrin's score was over 5X the amount of Sophia's score.

That's nothing compared to Fae. Ninian is enjoying a very rare bonus round right now and if calculations are correct, Fae's going to get ten bonus hours straight just to catch up.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:01 AM »
I remember one of the reasons I hate VG now. I had to burn a Light's Blessing during bonus times because idiots still don't know how the VG works and send me extra Ninians (or any number of blues so a single Arthur can steamroll me).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »
Basically why I get so many friend requests during the gauntlet: I set Klein as my leader and there are few units he can't destroy by himself. (This could have been you, Takumi, but no, you just won't let yourself be summoned!)

Oh, hey, maybe we could add eachother as friends? My ID is 3472130780. Fae is going to be served up as fried chicken, and I'm going to switch to Ninian after that.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 10, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
I think there was still a small chance that Fae could get a final hour multiplier and beat Ninian, so it'd be funny to see the meltdown if that happened. I might jump in with Fae if that happened since I'm guessing everyone's out of flags so I might actually be able to compete.

But yeah, Klein would be really nice, I sent you an invite. I have Burger King up front to take care of any terrible greens from eating Ninian. Can't think of much else appropriate to give...maybe Celica.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 10, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »
Well, if one thing could be said about the latest version of the VG, its that I'd rather have it back to 1.0 over this flaming pile of fetid compost mixed with both bull and horse shit. Multipliers all the goddamn time sucks ass since it basically means that we can safely ignore the start of the round completely and save all of our flags for the Mario Kart fest at the end. Seriously, its nothing but Blue Turtle Shells all the way down. Its looking pretty dire for F!Corrin right about now due to the fact that she's got the multiplier now versus the last hour where Sophia will more than likely have it. Meanwhile, I am literally all out of Flags. I've only used them for multipliers, and I haven't even used them for all of available multipliers and I'm still flat out, and this is probably one of the most one-sided matchups of the VG. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. If it were not for those Sacred Coins and Orbs, I wouldn't even bother with the mode at this point. Its just getting worse and worse and it just needs to go away completely. There's no fixing it! There's no salvaging it! It needs to die!

That being said, my latest pull in the current grab bag of random ass 5 stars didn't net me any 5 stars, but it also didn't net me and 3 stars either. Also the haul was pretty good too with a 4 star Fae and Felicia for Combat Medic shenanigans (let me introduce both of you to my good friend Masked Marth and her soon to be third tier Breath of Life 3 Sacred Seal), and a Palla and Tharja for Flier Emblem and Raudrblade/Darting Blow shenanigans. Titania was probably the worst of the lot just because what the hell can I even do with Guard 2 beyond some kind of gimmick build?

Also, the quest of the Armor Emblem has been completed for another month (along with the 3rd page of October quests and soon the 1st page as well).

And on the note of quests and awful game modes, it amuses me that they cut the number of runs required for the special AA quests down from 5 to 1 already. Its like it was glaringly obvious that nobody really wants to run this mode unless they absolutely have to (especially since its Sacred Coin payout is pretty shit compared to VG's quests right now).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 10, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »
Well, if one thing could be said about the latest version of the VG, its that I'd rather have it back to 1.0 over this flaming pile of fetid compost mixed with both bull and horse shit. Multipliers all the goddamn time sucks ass since it basically means that we can safely ignore the start of the round completely and save all of our flags for the Mario Kart fest at the end. Seriously, its nothing but Blue Turtle Shells all the way down. Its looking pretty dire for F!Corrin right about now due to the fact that she's got the multiplier now versus the last hour where Sophia will more than likely have it.
I personally think that Sophia has a low chance now that F!Corrin got the multiplier before the final hour. I could burn 400 flags on Sophia and we probably still won't win. I just don't think Sophia has the numbers here.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 10, 2017, 11:23:40 PM »
Well, if one thing could be said about the latest version of the VG, its that I'd rather have it back to 1.0 over this flaming pile of fetid compost mixed with both bull and horse shit. Multipliers all the goddamn time sucks ass since it basically means that we can safely ignore the start of the round completely and save all of our flags for the Mario Kart fest at the end. Seriously, its nothing but Blue Turtle Shells all the way down. Its looking pretty dire for F!Corrin right about now due to the fact that she's got the multiplier now versus the last hour where Sophia will more than likely have it.
I personally think that Sophia has a low chance now that F!Corrin got the multiplier before the final hour. I could burn 400 flags on Sophia and we probably still won't win. I just don't think Sophia has the numbers here.

Looking at the updated numbers, yeah. Sophia's screwed. I don't think her team can generate over 1 billion points, even if everybody had 400 flags to burn at a 7.5x rate. But its still rather sloppy and I'd rather have them do away with the multiplier for at least the last 2 hours or so, so that the numbers have a chance to normalize rather than having a bunch of Camilla v Lyn upsets.

Meanwhile, I'm within 5 places of the 1k rank and now the desperate struggle for 400 extra Feathers rages on. Thank god I'm not getting up at 4 in the morning to get on that first set of multipliers (as now I'll simply run out of Flags before I run out of multipliers).

Edit: Rank 1024

Got the victory Feathers though so F!Corrin's advancing. The other V.G. Advance contenders include Ninian, Adults Only Tiki, and the other Corrin.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:26:54 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 11, 2017, 03:31:30 AM »
There were five hours during which Fae did not have a bonus going and she still lost. Good lord... Oh well. Time to destroy some Corrins.

It's a good thing the rewards versus time invested are pretty good or else I wouldn't even bother with this either.

Edit: Oh, Hathen's Black Knight is working out very well! Now if only other people would stop putting dancers/singers as their lead, that'd be great.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:47:23 AM by Tomara »

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 11, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »
(Male) Corrin is getting absolutely destroyed. For the past 11 hours, he's had the multiplier and can't make up any ground whatsoever.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 12, 2017, 12:46:54 AM »
Meanwhile F!Corrin and Adult Tiki are basically in a dead heat after both teams have been ping-ponging multipliers back and forth. It'll pretty much come down to whichever team either gets the multiplier last or the team to run out of Flags last. Of course, I first need to pry those 200 Flags out of those last two quests, but nobody seems to be running a Green unit anymore.

As for my freebie pull for the Maedon girls, I managed to net myself a Minerva
Spoiler: show
(attached to a 4 star Cherche; dammit game, that's the wrong Minerva)
. Admittedly, I needed one of these, and she's +Spd/-Res which could be good for her if I promoted her to 5 stars (it won't be the greatest build, but at 5 star Level 40, she'll have 29 Spd which can be fixed well enough with skills and Flier Emblem buffs if the need arises).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 12, 2017, 11:51:17 PM »
So it looks like the final round will be Ninian vs F!Corrin. So now we'll finally have a match up between CYL and FEH popularity. Unfortunately, being on the side of CYL, chances are that I'm screwed (unless we have another A!Tiki x F!Corrin match up where everybody gets multipliers all match long; seriously, its like the pre-multipliers except that it punishes early Flag use).

Meanwhile, I've wrapped up the latest BHeB. Had no trouble with it until Infernal, and then only until I realized I could just say "Screw it!", and had Lancebreaker Klein/OG!Olivia combo the whole lot of them to death.

My latest pull attempt started and ended at a 4 star Jakob as the rest of the Orbs were all Red and I 'noped' the fuck outta there for the sake of maintaining my pity rate (I mean, I wouldn't mind an Ike or a Lyn, but odds are that I'd pull a bunch of 3 star Hinatas, Sophias, Firs, Raighs or Hanas or something).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 13, 2017, 04:48:03 AM »
Ninian's matches have been crazy close due to multiplier shenanigans. Last match she actually got a final-hour multiplier which ended up burying Corrin M in a 6 billion point lead. I've been lucky to catch all the multipliers for Ninian so far so I got a rank over 1k for both rounds. Hasn't been that many of them though so I have lots of flags lying around for the final round.

I finished the new BHB without much issue. It's probably the easiest one so far. I'm guessing the devs were too busy trying to screw horse emblem over once again by just placing trees all over the goddamn place. If there's something that's getting me stuck, it's the new Squad Assault. Decided to put that on hold while I clear out any remaining monthly quests and the like- the SPD seal from it would be really nice to have though.

Finally, it seems the rumors were true: Sigurd is here, and holy shit did they make the wait worth it, because is he overpowered as fuck. Even if he ends up with an embarrassingly bad stat spread his unique skills alone will make him worth using. Dierdre comes with an amazing base kit and a beefed up Naga as well. Tune in next Monday to see if my good fortune the last few weeks comes back to bite me on this banner.

The final unit is a surprise addition of Tailtiu. She'll probably be pretty good like most bladetomes (especially considering the one we already have), but her non-unique skills put her as a candidate for downgrade to 4* post-banner. Of her two skills, Drive SPD would be way nicer to have at 4* than ATK/RES+2- which is probably why we'll be getting the latter.

I also spy Ayra on the map at the end of that trailer, so I'm guessing either GHB or perhaps the next Tempest?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 13, 2017, 06:04:25 AM »
Finally, it seems the rumors were true: Sigurd is here, and holy shit did they make the wait worth it, because is he overpowered as fuck. Even if he ends up with an embarrassingly bad stat spread his unique skills alone will make him worth using. Dierdre comes with an amazing base kit and a beefed up Naga as well. Tune in next Monday to see if my good fortune the last few weeks comes back to bite me on this banner.

The final unit is a surprise addition of Tailtiu. She'll probably be pretty good like most bladetomes (especially considering the one we already have), but her non-unique skills put her as a candidate for downgrade to 4* post-banner. Of her two skills, Drive SPD would be way nicer to have at 4* than ATK/RES+2- which is probably why we'll be getting the latter.

I also spy Ayra on the map at the end of that trailer, so I'm guessing either GHB or perhaps the next Tempest?
*gets his wallet ready* I am so looking forward to wrecking things with Sigurd. Dierdre should be good, and I'm glad that we are getting Tailtiu as she was one of my favorite gen-1 characters.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 13, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »
Ninian's matches have been crazy close due to multiplier shenanigans. Last match she actually got a final-hour multiplier which ended up burying Corrin M in a 6 billion point lead. I've been lucky to catch all the multipliers for Ninian so far so I got a rank over 1k for both rounds. Hasn't been that many of them though so I have lots of flags lying around for the final round.

I finished the new BHB without much issue. It's probably the easiest one so far. I'm guessing the devs were too busy trying to screw horse emblem over once again by just placing trees all over the goddamn place. If there's something that's getting me stuck, it's the new Squad Assault. Decided to put that on hold while I clear out any remaining monthly quests and the like- the SPD seal from it would be really nice to have though.

Here's hoping that Seliph is the fourth member of the T_T 1.4x multiplier.

Not sure about my feelings about Ayra being the T_T reward. On the one hand, , but on the other hand, aside from BK, T_T reward characters have a tendency to end up being mediocre (Clive) to bad (shut up Tobin) or getting balanced by some level of bullshit (skillless Lucina). At least I don't have to stop pulling for a second Dancer (to my vanilla Olivia) since I know that my current luck with Banners need not apply.

Meanwhile, my latest pull netted me a 4 star Oscar (better never than late amirite?; at least he has a decent skill set), along with a bunch of other 4 stars (Titania, Odin, Klein) and a 3 star Raigh (should've saved myself the 3 orbs).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:28 AM »
Holy shit, Sigurd is a wall. I wonder what his stats are. With a skillset like that, something is bound to be terribly low.

However... I'm going to admire him from afar for now and continue to aim for dancer. Got Inigo just now (-def, + res) and at this rate, I should be able to get another one. Hopefully Azura, but really, anything except for another Inigo is fine.

Ayra

I'm guessing/hoping for a GHB. It suits her best. She was a pain in the ass to recruit in FE4, so she should put up a good fight here as well.

... And then, months later, we get a T_T with new FE4 characters and Fin is a 1,4x unit.