Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #990 on: November 29, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »
It's crazy that we're having debates on how to build healers now. :P

Apparently, having a reason to bother promoting them to 5 stars can do that to a unit type.

Now they just need to fix Daggers and we might be out of colorless hell soon (or not, since most Colorless are Commons and Staffs don't offer even pity 4 star merges anymore).

As for Absorb, there might still be hope for Lachesis since people are already playing around with the idea of sticking Vantage or Quick Riposte on a staffbot with Absorb. Genny would probably be straight up better for running that build though, seeing as how she has higher ATK, RES, and only 1 less DEF. It's a hard build to have an ideal stat spread for because you need to have the defenses to survive a hit, but also high enough attack to actually make Absorb hit for shit (so Azama is bad for it despite having that nice DEF stat).

As for Lachesis, one of her other advantages is that Healing now cares about a Staffbot's Atk stat and she's one of the stronger ones (she ties with Genny with an Atk boon on her part or an Atk bane on Genny's). And yeah, Azama's not only bad for Absorb+ shenanigans, but also because he's now the worst healer at healing (since again, healing can now run on Atk and his is the defacto worst in the game).

As for my Fae plans, I might just backburner that one since it sounds like the revised Breaths just made Dragons less useless against Mages and high Res Dagger/Bow users like Felicia and Niles. Especially since I have two Nowi's who really want my attention instead (one's 5 star but +Def/-HP and a buttload of unspent SP, while the other's a 4 star with +Atk/-HP and little SP due to filling out her kit and some SI on the side), or I can give my love to Sheena and Frederick instead (the latter of whom I just promoted since I need more 5 star Axes and he's a good part of my Mounted Emblem plans; also he's +Atk/-Res). The other alternatives right now are Berkut (I 5 star'd him back during Gaiden's second T_T), Bridal Lyn/Genny (either will appreciate having even better combat applications than before, although I'd need to field my Blin for awhile since the new 5 star Staff crap cleaned her out of spare SP), Dancer Olivia (she gains a little extra to make her that much more useful over my other Dancer unit) or Effie (yeah, its just making the Silver shinier, but having a unit walk out of the gate with 61 Atk before Death Blow 3 or Emblem buffs is pretty glorious, especially since I now have access to the Goad skill on top of several copies of the Hone version).

Also got bored and sucked down an extra S. Drink to dunk on Michalis' ReReGHeB. Nowitch and 5 star Axebreaker Michalis made it a snap for both Lunatic and Infernal, and the Stamina cost reduction for Anna's expedition to Book I Chapter 9-1 Lunatic made it economical enough to get started on Fjorm's and Alfonse's quests). Also up to 101.4k in T_T, plus I crossed into the sub 10k rank threshold at around 99k today and am currently 7.8k in rank. I'm gonna keep up to see if I can't break into the 5k rank region for those extra 2k feathers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:02:58 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »
So Light Breath is apparently kinda shit. When the description says one turn, it really means one turn, as in baiting with a Light Breath will buff the units around you which will wear off as soon as the Enemy Phase ends. The only way you'll get a lot of mileage out of it is by actively attacking with Light Breath (which immediately makes it suck for Ninian), except if you move a unit to attack there's a greater chance she'll be out of range of buffing units around her with the secondary effect. Dark Breath fares better since not only is the debuff cloud a lot more practical to apply on player phase, it lasts through the opponent's next actions so you can actually enemy phase bait with it to some effect.

In other news, I finished the few free orbs I had left to collect so I pulled again and got 4* Gunter, Fir, Hawkeye and 3* Subaki and Sully for my trouble. Extra Hawkeye is kinda nice at least I guess. We'll be getting 5 free orbs and 50 free Divine Forging thingamajigs as compensation for some glitch I never noticed, so I might get to pull one more time before this banner ends.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 30, 2017, 07:35:34 PM »
I currently have enough for one pull and enough in the pipeline for one more after that, but I'd rather wait for Fates Gen 2 to see if I can permanently replace Female Robin (or at least we will when we get a more reliable source of Blue Tome Breaker).

As for Fae, yeah, I went with Frederick on that one instead. So now he's gone from Hammer to Slaying Hammer+ in the space of two days (and I've had him since damn close to the start). Bridal Lyn is up next (or I guess I could pump Genny, but Wlyn would benefit from it more and would have to wait a whole lot longer since it seems like these stones are being drip fed to us), and after that, it'll probably be a few more Evolutions like Sheena's Killer Axe+ to Slaying Axe+ until I have enough Mountain Dew to upgrade Ephraim's Siegmund, then I'll turn my eventual attention towards Michalis or Eliwood (I use Eliwood more, but Hauteclere gets the better upgrade and my Flier Emblem still needs more work (especially since I didn't pull Spring Camilla this time either)).

As for the T_T, I'm at 113.8k in points and finally under the 5k rank. I've been throttling off the gas for the T_T and putting it to clearing the Story missions so that my Frederick doesn't have to stay off my Training Tower/Monthly Quest Mounted Emblem team for much longer.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 01, 2017, 02:37:35 AM »
Surprise! Rhajat isn't in the Children of Fate banner. She's a part of the banner for the next Voting Gauntlet alongside her mother, Faye, and Priscilla.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 01, 2017, 03:31:14 AM »
Ugh, looks like it's going to be a stalker-chan kind of thing. I hope the other side includes some more non-creepy characters (Leon could work), but I have a feeling we might see Camilla again...

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 01, 2017, 06:38:49 AM »
Surprise! Rhajat isn't in the Children of Fate banner. She's a part of the banner for the next Voting Gauntlet alongside her mother, Faye, and Priscilla.

Well isn't this just prime. At least they're warning us ahead of time, not that we wouldn't have been able to put 2 and 2 together after that Ayra debacle. At least I don't care for discount Tharja nearly as much (and barring stupid levels of luck, my Female Robin's relevancy remains safe for now).

Also, so much for the VG theme this time. At least I just got my hands on a Male Corrin (and on that note, the only Uncommon units I have left to pull for right now are Tailtiu, Hawkeye and Soren; that last round of pulls cleaned house on all the other outstanding units), so I'm only missing Faye and Alm (great, the two Gaiden characters I still don't have yet (okay, them and Grey, but who's counting?)), and obviously Rhajat (whom I'm going to freebie for at least since I already have a 5 star Tharja with good traits and a Level 40 Priscilla, in fact, I may just want to dump my Orbs on the Legendary banner anyways and say screw the next T_T).

I'm going to come right out and state that the male side of this VG will consist of Males Robin and Corrin, Alm and Raven (as the objects of the obsessive stalker ladies). Surprised Lachesis and Eldigan didn't show up (but then, we've just had a Jugdral month and that's enough of that dump for the next six months to a year or until Shadows of Jugdral comes out; whichever comes first).

Also also, Rhajat's mother isn't Tharja, its whomever you shacked not-Ricken up with. Hell, Tharja's daughter isn't Rhajat either, its miss(us) BLOOD AND THUNDER Noire (who's not yet in FEH).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 01, 2017, 08:01:40 AM »
Guess they learned from that mass butthurt resulting from Ayra, although Rhajat's kind of a "whatever" unit compared to Ayra and an infinitely worse character.

And hey, Priscilla isn't a stalker, she just has a storybook romance which would be kinda sweet if they didn't combine it with FE's obligatory incest story. But they did so yeah. Anyway I'll probably join team Priscilla since I have her built and everything, although I do have her HM maxed so depending on who else shows up I might switch.

Monthly quests are here and it pushed me comfortably above 20 orbs, unfortunately the game continues to crap on me by giving me 3 3* units in my pull (Matthew, Wendy and Oboro), alongside 2 4*s that aren't exclusive (Palla and Draug). Naturally they most of them came with bad IVs, especially Palla with -SPD so I continue to have a crappy filler Red unit for my flier emblem, although Oboro did come as -HP +SPD and I'm thinking about building her. She does get +4 SPD from the SPD boon at 5* which puts her at 30 SPD, which might be workable to make her able to avoid key doubles. Of course the ideal build with her probably involves -SPD +DEF and Steady Breath+QR or something, but that requires a ton of 5* exclusive SI and it probably works better on Lucas anyway.

Since the Arena season ends before the reset on Monday, if I grab every single monthly orb left I think I could reach 20 orbs again, so I guess I'll think about doing that. Would suck to waste this 9.5% rate I have, and it's not like I'm terribly interested in the upcoming Fates banner.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 01, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
You could aim for a 4* L40+10. That's what I'm doing. Mine has a cheap +def build that revolves around dumbasses running into her and getting killed by Ignis. If units with Steady Breath and such ever become more easily available, she might get a more fancy build.

... I wonder if they'll put Oboro in the next VG. She does kind of fit the theme. She might even be able to avenge her crush. ... Yeah, now I want her to be in the next VG. Go, Oboro!

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 01, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »
Also also, Rhajat's mother isn't Tharja, its whomever you shacked not-Ricken up with.
Right... I apologize. I was tired yesterday and wasn't thinking straight :P

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
Man, having a good TA + Raven (+ Distant Defense) mage is a real gamechanger... I put Soren in the Arena team for the first time today and he took out every Reinhardt and Brave (Brave) Lyn that was stupid enough to attack. And an Elise too, that one time. There's something both sad and hilarious about seeing 3/4 of a Horse Emblem team rush towards their demise.

Of course, this is just Tier 19 level stuff. Those +10 Reinhardts and Brave Lyns that terrorise whale country would probably be a problem, but I don't plan on going there anytime soon. Bouncing between rank 18 and 19 gets me all the rewards I need.

Anyway, I'm glad I spoiled him.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 02, 2017, 01:01:57 AM »
Man, having a good TA + Raven (+ Distant Defense) mage is a real gamechanger... I put Soren in the Arena team for the first time today and he took out every Reinhardt and Brave (Brave) Lyn that was stupid enough to attack. And an Elise too, that one time. There's something both sad and hilarious about seeing 3/4 of a Horse Emblem team rush towards their demise.

Of course, this is just Tier 19 level stuff. Those +10 Reinhardts and Brave Lyns that terrorise whale country would probably be a problem, but I don't plan on going there anytime soon. Bouncing between rank 18 and 19 gets me all the rewards I need.

Anyway, I'm glad I spoiled him.

The gap between 19 and 20 isn't so much the fact that your Gronnraven+ Triangle Attack Mage couldn't carry you through most encounters (also, expect buttloads of Dancers and Ikes), but the fact that you really can't score high enough without a bunch of merges (although, thinking about this, it probably would make my life significantly easier if I made a few TAraven units purely for the sake of countering the endless waves of Reinhardts and Blyns, as only having Cecilia be my anti-Meta unit only takes you up so far through Arena's Ass).

As for an Oboro VG, the obvious one would be a retainer's VG, but you'd need two for both Nohr and Hoshido and that'd suck anyways, but unfortunately, there really isn't another good defining trait for them to use for a VG. Being a fashionista only works if she has others who could fall into the same category (and it'd take someone like Maribel to help with that), and I don't think they're going to run a VG on being a racist (or at least a nationalist).

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 02, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »
So the other 4 competitors in the upcoming VG is Catria, Katarina, Sigurd, and Dorcas.

Choices seem a little odd.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 02, 2017, 02:57:55 AM »
So the other 4 competitors in the upcoming VG is Catria, Katarina, Sigurd, and Dorcas.

Choices seem a little odd.

We have three stalkers, a bro-con, a captain of unrequited love, an assassin of love, a guy with zero Love Res (in a game with a Jealousy mechanic, about five alternative bouts of incest, and ends for him by dying in fire), and a guy who's willing to eat poisoned mutton kill his wife for the sake of his wife.

Yep. This checks out (especially since they covered all three Avatarsexuals).

I also appreciate the fact that none of the options were tagged for being homosexual (then again, if it had been an FE5 banner this month......).

That being said, I'm willing to bet that Catria will sweep the VG (Dorcas and Sigurd are too popular, tits alone wont save Rhajat, Tharja's from too new a game, Priscilla will fuck up the multiplier, and Katawho?).

Edit: While I'm here, I pulled my freebies from the VG banners and I came away with a 4 star Marth and Nino (good SI at least), as the selection itself could hardly be worse (nothing but Reds and Blues for the A block where I already have Tharja at 5 star with good traits, and only one Green and no Reds for the B block). It also occurs to me that the reason why I'm so hung up about SI right now is due to having all of my recent units running the serious risk of capping their SP, which occurs to me that the reason why they're having this issue is that these new units generally don't care about SI too much due to being loaded down with very specific kits and overpowered exclusives specifically designed for them. While my current progress through the T_T is 126k for a rank of 3.6k (I could probably stop altogether if it weren't for the quests, especially since they're generating Refining Stones on a daily basis).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:11:05 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 02, 2017, 03:50:44 AM »
This VG is going to suck... Most characters are in there for the worst parts of their personalities, and that's just no fun.

Edit: I'm think I'll just start by supporting Priscilla and if/when she loses, switch sides to whoever is the least horrible character still in the running.

Edit 2: Just realised Sigurd will be battling a red mage in the first round. He is doomed. Katarina is going to burn his assumed victory to the ground with a surprise final multiplier. Dorcus doesn't stand much of a chance either, considering the last VG was won by a Catria cosplayer. Faye versus Rhajat is going to be dumpster fire and every possible outcome is lose-lose for the players.

As for an Oboro VG, the obvious one would be a retainer's VG, but you'd need two for both Nohr and Hoshido and that'd suck anyways, but unfortunately, there really isn't another good defining trait for them to use for a VG. Being a fashionista only works if she has others who could fall into the same category (and it'd take someone like Maribel to help with that), and I don't think they're going to run a VG on being a racist (or at least a nationalist).

They could make a loyalty themed VG, save a few spots for popular Fates retainers (such as Oboro, Felicia and Niles), but give the other spots to characters like Seth and Finn. (Well, they'd have to add Finn first, but we'll get there eventually.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:49:12 AM by Tomara »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 03, 2017, 05:41:12 AM »
Thinking about supporting Catria only because I already have Sigurd and Priscilla at capped HM, plus I could cheese the VG with a level 1 unit if I really wanted to reduce the annoyance of the mode.

My free rolls of the VG banners were Arthur and Beruka. At least Beruka is pretty good fodder now that Killer Axe and Glimmer both have their uses, but she came at 3* like usual.

I screwed up on thinking the Arena season would end before the 8% banner ended, but I managed to scrap together 20 orbs anyway and pulled a lot more junk! 4* Chrom and Kagero and 3* Setsuna and Olivia. I did, however, at least manage to break my pity rate with a Bridal Cordelia with -ATK +DEF IVs to make sure she's useless. Nice for the collection at least.