Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Heroes
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »
Talk about Fire Emblem Heroes and updates here.

I'll let you know if I ever get a 5 Star.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »
Ok, I'm ready to post!

Although... I have nothing to update.  Except that I am sorry for anyone who draws three of me in one pack.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:23:41 PM »
Well I just finished grinding my backup 5*s to level 40. So I now have 8 lvl 40 5*s. I should probably figure out what everyone's Bane/Boon is. I figured out Julia's yesterday and she is not anywhere close to being optimal (but I love her voice and artwork so I might keep using her despite it being a bad idea). I think her stat spread was +ATK, -SPD, +DEF, -RES.

Since I am out of 5*s to train, I have started to train Eliwood up to see if I can get him to start killing level 35 enemies before the month ends so I can get the last of the month's lunatic missions.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 05:45:18 PM »
My second draw was all 4-stars, and the only one of those that really seemed worthwhile is kind of redundant with my 5-star Lucina.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
Oh yeah since I got a bunch of 5*s to level 40, might as well give my thoughts on their "devotional" speeches that they give level 40 (I've read the speeches only trigger for 5*s, but I haven't gotten a 4* or lower to 40 to test whether that is true or not).

Robin- Who is this Alfonse you speak of? I feel like I would know if I had a bond with someone by that name.

Hawkeye- It was alright. It really fit him as a character in the sense that it was kind of deep, but also kind of boring. XP

Takumi- I was meh on this one, but I feel like Tomara would love it.

Lyn- I feel like there is more of an implied romance angle to the female speeches than the male ones. I could kind of see the implied romance with Takumi, but it feels much more blatant with Lyn (and Julia).

Fae- Very uninteresting. Basically she just comments about how fun hanging out with you is and then falls asleep. I suppose I should be glad that this one is free of implied romantic feelings?

Camilla- Oh god this one is kind of frightening. She apparently doesn't care who the heck she is being the "big sister" to or why. I almost feel like I should send her home just so I don't have to worry about her going yandere on my in game character.

Julia- I like this one a lot...despite the very heavy implied romantic feelings. >.>

Seliph- This one is actually my favorite. It shows an aspect of the character that I was not familiar with and I would very much like to learn more about it. Specifically he talks about himself as a coward who constantly wants to run from danger and who only managed to do what he did thanks to being inspired by his friends. I don't remember that being in FE4. So I'm wondering if that was in the original and I forgot/missed the nuances/used a translation that missed the nuances or if it was a later addition to his character. Whichever it is, I would love to see it explored more throughly in a (hopefully inevitable) FE4 remake.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:00:17 PM »
Oh yeah since I got a bunch of 5*s to level 40, might as well give my thoughts on their "devotional" speeches that they give level 40 (I've read the speeches only trigger for 5*s, but I haven't gotten a 4* or lower to 40 to test whether that is true or not).

Robin- Who is this Alfonse you speak of? I feel like I would know if I had a bond with someone by that name.

Hawkeye- It was alright. It really fit him as a character in the sense that it was kind of deep, but also kind of boring. XP

Takumi- I was meh on this one, but I feel like Tomara would love it.

Lyn- I feel like there is more of an implied romance angle to the female speeches than the male ones. I could kind of see the implied romance with Takumi, but it feels much more blatant with Lyn (and Julia).

Fae- Very uninteresting. Basically she just comments about how fun hanging out with you is and then falls asleep. I suppose I should be glad that this one is free of implied romantic feelings?

Camilla- Oh god this one is kind of frightening. She apparently doesn't care who the heck she is being the "big sister" to or why. I almost feel like I should send her home just so I don't have to worry about her going yandere on my in game character.

Julia- I like this one a lot...despite the very heavy implied romantic feelings. >.>

Seliph- This one is actually my favorite. It shows an aspect of the character that I was not familiar with and I would very much like to learn more about it. Specifically he talks about himself as a coward who constantly wants to run from danger and who only managed to do what he did thanks to being inspired by his friends. I don't remember that being in FE4. So I'm wondering if that was in the original and I forgot/missed the nuances/used a translation that missed the nuances or if it was a later addition to his character. Whichever it is, I would love to see it explored more throughly in a (hopefully inevitable) FE4 remake.

Seliph's referring to the timeskip and why they're starting out cornered in one of the northern most regions on the continent. Lief also gets chased around in Leonster before the events of FE5 (where he still gets harassed and chased around before bungling an insurrection). Also Seliph doesn't actually defeats the big bad of his game (and is the only main lord of the series that doesn't get a chance/isn't equipped for it; Lief doesn't count since he's not the main lord in FE4 and there aren't any big bads for FE5).

Also, still banging my head on that 6-5 Infantry Mission (I keep losing someone due to Kagero or Ryoma, but I'm fielding a B-Team for this and its close).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:50 AM »
Seliph's referring to the timeskip and why they're starting out cornered in one of the northern most regions on the continent. Lief also gets chased around in Leonster before the events of FE5 (where he still gets harassed and chased around before bungling an insurrection). Also Seliph doesn't actually defeats the big bad of his game (and is the only main lord of the series that doesn't get a chance/isn't equipped for it; Lief doesn't count since he's not the main lord in FE4 and there aren't any big bads for FE5).
That doesn't sound right to me. They are in Isaac at the beginning of chapter 6 because it is friendly territory to them thanks to Shannon. They are in the northern most portion of Isaac because it is governed from a castle to the south of Isaac giving them more breathing room away from the main occupying forces while the liberation army builds up their forces. Nothing about that really says "coward" or "uncertain about himself" to me. Plus at the start of chapter 6, I'm not even sure whether Seliph is even in control of the Liberation Army.

Levin was the one who seems to first put forth the idea of Seliph leading, and while Seliph is reluctant when Levin first proposes the ides, he relents after a speech about destiny (and not any examples from his friends like his Heroes speech is about). Before that, I think the leaders are supposed to be Oifley and Shannon meaning they would be responsible for the decision on starting base location.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 07:10:35 AM »
New Pack:

4* Eliwood
4* Laslow
3* Lon'qu
3* Robin (M)
3* Donnel

*Sighs*

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
New Pack:

4* Eliwood
4* Laslow
3* Lon'qu
3* Robin (M)
3* Donnel

*Sighs*

Not a terrible cluster. 4 stars Eliwood is the best we're gonna get outta him without a Focus, and I've had good luck with my 4 star Laslow, plus even though he's 3 stars, Male Robin was a Focus character and one you can get an arena bonus from, though yeah, Donnel sucks (at least you can retire your freebie Donnels).

That doesn't sound right to me. They are in Isaac at the beginning of chapter 6 because it is friendly territory to them thanks to Shannon. They are in the northern most portion of Isaac because it is governed from a castle to the south of Isaac giving them more breathing room away from the main occupying forces while the liberation army builds up their forces. Nothing about that really says "coward" or "uncertain about himself" to me. Plus at the start of chapter 6, I'm not even sure whether Seliph is even in control of the Liberation Army.

Levin was the one who seems to first put forth the idea of Seliph leading, and while Seliph is reluctant when Levin first proposes the ides, he relents after a speech about destiny (and not any examples from his friends like his Heroes speech is about). Before that, I think the leaders are supposed to be Oifley and Shannon meaning they would be responsible for the decision on starting base location.

Shanan and Olifey are the organizers of the Liberation Army (consisting of themselves, Seliph, the Wunder/Blunder Twins and Staffbot with(out) a Staff), but Gen 2 starts while the two of them are out of town and on business, and said Liberation Army gets caught with their pants down. Between that, the fact that word is beginning to spread about Seliph being the 'chosen one', and the fact that there's nowhere else left to run, basically forces him to say "screw it, we're going deep" (and then they proceed to steamroll Gen 2 because even without the eugenics, there's plenty of Legendaries to go around this time, and not that great writing to cause issues beyond Julius and his ultra clingy girlfriend).

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »
Don't tell me about the meta or how good they are Aeolus!!!

ALL THAT MATTERS IS GOOOOLLDD

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
Don't tell me about the meta or how good they are Aeolus!!!

ALL THAT MATTERS IS GOOOOLLDD

At least all your gold aren't all up in the incest (seriously, Ephraim, Raven and Camilla; mister "I totally don't want to bang my sister even though we get a paired ending together and our weapons are named after two mythological siblings who totally did the nasty", mister "I'd bang my sister if I weren't gay", and miss "due to the weirdness about how same gendered S-ranks work, I can only bang my brother and not my sister even though I'm OCD for them both").

Also, finally finished up Feburary's missions. Gotta Arena like a bitch for the next couple of days and I'll be as done as I can be.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »
Just picked up my second 5-star, an Effie. Anyone have experience using an armor knight? They often seem like sitting ducks to me.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »
Just picked up my second 5-star, an Effie. Anyone have experience using an armor knight? They often seem like sitting ducks to me.

They have HUGE HP, Def and Atk and can be unstoppable if you're up against physicals without type advantage against you. Tome/Stone users will pretty much eat them for breakfast though (especially if they employ body blocking or terrain works against you), and Armor Effective weapons aren't uncommon at higher levels.

Effie herself is only behind Hector in highest overall stats, so she's not a bad substitute for a 5 star.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »
Thanks Aeolus. I might swap her in then once I level her up. Currently, Sharena (2-star) is still my go-to blue unit. which is stupid, really, because I have some much better 3- and 4-star fliers, but she's a higher level at the moment!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
Thanks Aeolus. I might swap her in then once I level her up. Currently, Sharena (2-star) is still my go-to blue unit. which is stupid, really, because I have some much better 3- and 4-star fliers, but she's a higher level at the moment!

I'd highly recommend dumping some feathers towards your OGs since I suspect the game will eventually call for some kind of bullshit that requires them at a reasonable powerlevel (even if it will reset their levels and stats back to level 1).